Area round rematch Jefferson vs Malakoff

Guest Tiger03lb

Who do you got?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

24 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

That's interesting  because there is plenty of parking, especially on the visitor's side, unless they didn't open it all up. 

I thought it was fine. We parked on the visiting side. Got out with no problems and we stayed the entire game. Nice place!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NavyDad0526 said:

I thought it was fine. We parked on the visiting side. Got out with no problems and we stayed the entire game. Nice place!

Nice place especially on a Thursday afternoon for a visitor for a JV game. the sun goes right into the home side.

no problem with parking you can even exit through the Rodeo grounds.   

Guest Tiger03lb

What a hell of a game! This one will be remembered. I always liked our games against Jeffy both teams always played hard against each other. I don't think anybody expected to have this high of a score. I believe everyone got there money's worth tonight. 

Again, I want to tell Jeffy great game! You guys gave us everything and never quit. Showed a lot of heart tonight. You guys have a great team, with a lot of athletes. Hold your heads up high, nothing but respect towards your program and to the fans. 

Great game koff. Way to hang in there and pound it out against a high powered offense. Game ball goes to that o line, without them our backs wouldn't have done what they needed to tonight. Defense, lick your wounds and let's move forward and forget this game. We'll be fine. One game at a time. 

Jefferson was a different team tonight than last week for those nah sayers. We played some good teams this year but this was by far the most talented team we faced at the skilled positions. This is the playoffs and anything can happen. This game was the first game in about 3/4 weeks where we didn't score on every possession. Now on to next week. 

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

What a hell of a game! This one will be remembered. I always liked our games against Jeffy both teams always played hard against each other. I don't think anybody expected to have this high of a score. I believe everyone got there money's worth tonight. 

Again, I want to tell Jeffy great game! You guys gave us everything and never quit. Showed a lot of heart tonight. You guys have a great team, with a lot of athletes. Hold your heads up high, nothing but respect towards your program and to the fans. 

Great game koff. Way to hang in there and pound it out against a high powered offense. Game ball goes to that o line, without them our backs wouldn't have done what they needed to tonight. Defense, lick your wounds and let's move forward and forget this game. We'll be fine. One game at a time. 

Jefferson was a different team tonight than last week for those nah sayers. We played some good teams this year but this was by far the most talented team we faced at the skilled positions. This is the playoffs and anything can happen. This game was the first game in about 3/4 weeks where we didn't score on every possession. Now on to next week. 

Excellent post Tiger. Tonight "Power"  outlasted "Speed"

4 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

That was right before the game. It filled up, it wasn't all the way full. We were full and had people standing. Were there a lot of GW fans? 

I was worried about that. Visitors side could use a little more seating especially as a playoff venue. 

7 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

That was right before the game. It filled up, it wasn't all the way full. We were full and had people standing. Were there a lot of GW fans? 

I was there. Great game by both sides. When Malakoff botched the extra point I really thought it may be the turning point. Malakoff stiffened on defense when it counted because neither team could stop the other all night. That combination of running backs for Malakoff is deadly. I wasn’t as impressed with the defense but it did look like a different team from Jefferson than the one who played last week against West Rusk. Good season Jefferson and good luck next week Malakoff!

Guest Tiger03lb
3 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

I was there. Great game by both sides. When Malakoff botched the extra point I really thought it may be the turning point. Malakoff stiffened on defense when it counted because neither team could stop the other all night. That combination of running backs for Malakoff is deadly. I wasn’t as impressed with the defense but it did look like a different team from Jefferson than the one who played last week against West Rusk. Good season Jefferson and good luck next week Malakoff!

I don't think anybody was but like you said we made plays when it counted on defense. There was a lot of talent on that Jeffy team especially with #5. He made them click on offense. This is my opinion, they would have given any team problems. Not every win a beautiful but we'll take it. 

4 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

I don't think anybody was but like you said we made plays when it counted on defense. There was a lot of talent on that Jeffy team especially with #5. He made them click on offense. This is my opinion, they would have given any team problems. Not every win a beautiful but we'll take it. 

No doubt. A win is a win!  Neither of the teams that played last night would be a fun matchup for anyone. Totally contrasting styles. Jefferson can score from anywhere and Malakoff took yardage 4-5 yards at a time. Both were very effective. 

6 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Rough outting for D7. 

I did expect this game to be close, but not a shootout. I elected to not go at the last minute, and made a mistake. Great season Jeffy. Good luck Koff!

Razor you missed a hell of a game! This is what high school football is all about. 2 really good teams battling to the end, but 1 had to go home with the L unfortunately. My Dawgs may have lost the game but they came away with something more important and that was character! The fight, heart, and teamwork can’t be taken away. Very proud of this group of young men! Also to Malakoff, y’all have a very special team with the same characteristics I listed above. If you’re gonna lose a game then losing to a team like y’all and in that fashion....then that’s the way to go out! Good luck to y’all all the way through.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

More of a traffic jam trying to get in and bottle necking. But I was giving you a hard time. Lol. Y'all have been great host and have great faculties. 

Closing the exit that goes directly on 80 wasn’t the brightest idea. Not sure why it was done but idk. 

Guest Tiger03lb
20 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Closing the exit that goes directly on 80 wasn’t the brightest idea. Not sure why it was done but idk. 

Getting out was fine. Just trying to get in was a pain. But overall good experience at Jack Murphy 👍

Guest Tiger03lb
22 minutes ago, Dawg665 said:

Razor you missed a hell of a game! This is what high school football is all about. 2 really good teams battling to the end, but 1 had to go home with the L unfortunately. My Dawgs may have lost the game but they came away with something more important and that was character! The fight, heart, and teamwork can’t be taken away. Very proud of this group of young men! Also to Malakoff, y’all have a very special team with the same characteristics I listed above. If you’re gonna lose a game then losing to a team like y’all and in that fashion....then that’s the way to go out! Good luck to y’all all the way through.

How will you guys look next year? Serious question.

40 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

How will you guys look next year? Serious question.

Good question. I’m not real sure tbh. Optimism says we’ll be fine, but realistically I think we’re going to be a couple of years away from another string of solid seasons. I know i know, I’ll take some heat for saying that but I’m just being honest. I guess for the next 2 seasons we can just keep saying “we’re young” lol, like another program continues to say over the past few years lol. I do think we’ll be fine. These seniors will definitely be missed and will never be duplicated. It’s hard to replace that caliber of talent.

I don’t know the answer to the question I’m about to ask, and I’m not criticizing, but just curious.

When a team starts stacking the box like Jeffy did... like 9-10 players in the box. I know we were still able to move the ball a little, but is there any way to counter that with a pop pass or something? Again, I feel like we will see a lot of that moving forward and wonder if we could make that happen. They were completely dedicated to the run. Any kind of a short pass would have hurt.

1 hour ago, Dawg665 said:

Thanks for the kind words. And to you guys as well. I will admit for a quarter and a half I thought this game was gonna go a different way. Both teams showed tremendous heart and character. We haven’t been punched in the mouth like that all year. I mean no disrespect by what I’m about to say but to me it is mind boggling how you guys have not gotten past round two The last few years with all the talent you have over there. It’s a shame because that game last night is one you expect to see maybe round four. Similar to when we caught Rockdale 1st round two years ago when they won state. Anyway good luck to you guys next year. I think I speak for most of Malakoff when I say that you have earned our respect and deserve every bit of it. Anybody that thinks otherwise is a fool. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Endseeker83 said:

I don’t know the answer to the question I’m about to ask, and I’m not criticizing, but just curious.

When a team starts stacking the box like Jeffy did... like 9-10 players in the box. I know we were still able to move the ball a little, but is there any way to counter that with a pop pass or something? Again, I feel like we will see a lot of that moving forward and wonder if we could make that happen. They were completely dedicated to the run. Any kind of a short pass would have hurt.

It’s a double edged sword. Jeffy had the DB’s to man up our receivers. Yes you probably can get away with a dump pass but they were bringing so many it had to be real quick. Props to them for being able to pull it off. I honestly didn’t think they would and I was wrong. Kudos to our coaching staff for not panicking and sticking to their game plan. It worked. Made me nervous, but it worked. Lol

2 minutes ago, NavyDad0526 said:

It’s a double edged sword. Jeffy had the DB’s to man up our receivers. Yes you probably can get away with a dump pass but they were bringing so many it had to be real quick. Props to them for being able to pull it off. I honestly didn’t think they would and I was wrong. Kudos to our coaching staff for not panicking and sticking to their game plan. It worked. Made me nervous, but it worked. Lol

I gotta say they certainly did hang in there and stick with the game plan. There were a lot of 3rd  And 4th down plays where we needed 3 or 2 yards where we got met in the backfield and and had to lean on our bruising backs to make it happen and they produced. That says a LOT about those kids and their heart.

As much as I hated playing on a Thursday, the extra day of rest will come in handy for our boys after that barn burner last night.