Area round rematch Jefferson vs Malakoff

Guest Tiger03lb

Who do you got?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

Guest Tiger03lb
51 minutes ago, Dawg665 said:

Good question. I’m not real sure tbh. Optimism says we’ll be fine, but realistically I think we’re going to be a couple of years away from another string of solid seasons. I know i know, I’ll take some heat for saying that but I’m just being honest. I guess for the next 2 seasons we can just keep saying “we’re young” lol, like another program continues to say over the past few years lol. I do think we’ll be fine. These seniors will definitely be missed and will never be duplicated. It’s hard to replace that caliber of talent.

Completely understand.17' was kinda like that for us when we graduated a lot of talent from the16' team. I don't think you'll catch any grief here. Lol. #5 & #21 will be missed. To say the lease. Agreed on that talent. Will they be playing any ball to the next level?

Guest Tiger03lb
55 minutes ago, Endseeker83 said:

I don’t know the answer to the question I’m about to ask, and I’m not criticizing, but just curious.

When a team starts stacking the box like Jeffy did... like 9-10 players in the box. I know we were still able to move the ball a little, but is there any way to counter that with a pop pass or something? Again, I feel like we will see a lot of that moving forward and wonder if we could make that happen. They were completely dedicated to the run. Any kind of a short pass would have hurt.

You'd have to have the personal but could have a wide out on a pattern with a te underneath or halfback delay and dump it out to him in the flat. 

We actually had one play that we did that right before the half. If it wasn't jeffy that we were playing, davis could have picked up some good yards. 

I will say peace was throwing dimes. Only two drops passes that were dropped. Both times the recievers had their hands on it, just couldn't pull it down.

1 hour ago, NavyDad0526 said:

Thanks for the kind words. And to you guys as well. I will admit for a quarter and a half I thought this game was gonna go a different way. Both teams showed tremendous heart and character. We haven’t been punched in the mouth like that all year. I mean no disrespect by what I’m about to say but to me it is mind boggling how you guys have not gotten past round two The last few years with all the talent you have over there. It’s a shame because that game last night is one you expect to see maybe round four. Similar to when we caught Rockdale 1st round two years ago when they won state. Anyway good luck to you guys next year. I think I speak for most of Malakoff when I say that you have earned our respect and deserve every bit of it. Anybody that thinks otherwise is a fool. 

We've been trying to figure that out ourselves in Jefferson.  This is the most talent Jefferson has had in a 4-5 yr span since the early to mid 90's squads. We could understand losing to Mally but I'm still blown away with losses to Howe and Whitesboro.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

You'd have to have the personal but could have a wide out on a pattern with a te underneath or halfback delay and dump it out to him in the flat. 

We actually had one play that we did that right before the half. If it wasn't jeffy that we were playing, davis could have picked up some good yards. 

I will say peace was throwing dimes. Only two drops passes that were dropped. Both times the recievers had their hands on it, just couldn't pull it down.

That kid is so accurate and makes the right read it seems everytime 

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

Completely understand.17' was kinda like that for us when we graduated a lot of talent from the16' team. I don't think you'll catch any grief here. Lol. #5 & #21 will be missed. To say the lease. Agreed on that talent. Will they be playing any ball to the next level?

If 17 does not catch Rockdale round 1 they could have played a few weeks.

What everyone did not realize for that game was how big the loss of Rush was a soph MLB to a non football injury the weekend before it

Guest Tiger03lb
17 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

If 17 does not catch Rockdale round 1 they could have played a few weeks.

What everyone did not realize for that game was how big the loss of Rush was a soph MLB to a non football injury the weekend before it

I was meaning talent wise. We still had good players that year but those were some very good players from the 16' and had to reload from that year and we were kinda young at positions. 

It was more like Rockdale's qb that beat us. Lol. I agree, probably would have made it 3 rounds. 

Guest Tiger03lb
19 minutes ago, Endseeker83 said:

So... anyone watching, following, or listening to the Potts game? A very different team than this week. Sounds like that QB is really spreading the ball around in the WR corps.

Yes.