Winnsboro vs. Dallas Madison

chevyman

Guest Tiger03lb
On 11/18/2019 at 11:51 AM, chevyman said:

The film that I have watched so far makes it clear that Madison wants to get their guys in space and utilize their athletic ability whether that is with short passes or jet sweeps, etc. They have some guys who can really run so it will be crucial for the Raiders to keep contain and tackle well in the open field. Weather will potentially play a factor but Winny will still need to take care of the ball and themselves

Gotta make sure to tackle their rb. He's good at keeping the play alive and second effort. If the qb is throwing to #13 that D1 wideout, he catches everything, doesn't matter how good the coverage. I thought koff's coverage was probably the best that night for the year. The kid just made plays. Good luck with them. 

1 hour ago, 1mangang said:

Here's a look at schedules and records for what it's worth...I don't see any quality wins on Madison's line-up. They don't appear to have been tested in any close games.  They can put points on the scoreboard though. 80% chance of rain Friday morning, should be gone by game time. ~ 40 degrees and windy.

Do yall think Coach Finney has his system fully installed by now? Is the rugged red machine peaking at the right time?  

(9-2) Dallas Madison Trojans green/gold

Bryan Adams (3-7)    W 58-0

FW Dunbar (5-6)      W 42-0

Lincoln (1-9)               W 34-6

Polytechnic (4-6)       W 60-7

Sunnyvale (11-0)      L 42-21

A+ Academy (1-9)    W 48-0

Kemp (3-8)                 W 53-7

Malakoff (10-1)         L 42-25

Life Oak Cliff ( 8-3)    W 55-18

Eustace (2-8)             W 67-14

Rains (6-5)                W 42-19

--------------------------------------------------------

(7-4) Winnsboro Red Raiders 

Winona (6-5)           W 33-0

Queen City (0-10)   W 57-15

Paris Chism (3-7)    W 44-0

MVCC (8-3)              L 47-28

Gladewater (8-3)    L 16-12

White Oak (0-10)   W 37-20

Sabine (10-1)          L 24-14

Tatum (3-7)            W 34-13

West Rusk (7-4)     L 37-33

Mineola (5-5)        W 33-29

Hooks (8-3)           W 47-28

Where do you see any quality Winnsboro wins??? I’ll take Madison for the W.

49 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Gotta make sure to tackle their rb. He's good at keeping the play alive and second effort. If the qb is throwing to #13 that D1 wideout, he catches everything, doesn't matter how good the coverage. I thought koff's coverage was probably the best that night for the year. The kid just made plays. Good luck with them. 

Is #13 the D1 guy or #11? #11 has tons of views on his hudl and #13 doesn't have very many and is only a junior. I just watched highlights of #13 from the Rains game and they were just throwing stop route after stop route cause the corner was playing like 8 yds off and bailing every time. 

1 hour ago, randomuser said:

^touche, but I didn't claim they had any. 

I've haven't been quite as involved in hsfb the last decade, but I've never heard of some of the schools DM's played. If strength of schedule is a thing, I'd give the edge to Winns.

2 hours ago, 1mangang said:

Here's a look at schedules and records for what it's worth...I don't see any quality wins on Madison's line-up. They don't appear to have been tested in any close games.  They can put points on the scoreboard though. 80% chance of rain Friday morning, should be gone by game time. ~ 40 degrees and windy.

Do yall think Coach Finney has his system fully installed by now? Is the rugged red machine peaking at the right time?  

Two wins each against teams with winning records. Interesting. 

1 hour ago, randomuser said:

Only thing that is going to matter is Friday night. All that other stuff will have no bearing on who will win the game. Whoever shows up and plays the best will win and the "strength of schedule" and "quality wins" will be forgotten.

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, chevyman said:

Is #13 the D1 guy or #11? #11 has tons of views on his hudl and #13 doesn't have very many and is only a junior. I just watched highlights of #13 from the Rains game and they were just throwing stop route after stop route cause the corner was playing like 8 yds off and bailing every time. 

#13 is the D1 kid. His first game back was against us. He was out for about 3/4 before us. Don't let it fool you, he's good. I believe they got another wide out that's good but he didn't really do anything against us

35 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

#13 is the D1 kid. His first game back was against us. He was out for about 3/4 before us. Don't let it fool you, he's good. I believe they got another wide out that's good but he didn't really do anything against us

I got ya. I was thinking it was 11 but ill focus on 13 now and check him out more.

5 hours ago, 1mangang said:

I see what you did...lol

On 11/16/2019 at 12:21 AM, DawgNation2015 said:

Hard to tell from DM schedule.  Not much competition there except Malakoff and Sunnyvale and they lost to both.  I’ll take the Raiders by 11.

I say Winnsboro by 7. I coached these Madison Boys in the past. Speed is there but size is lacking. Hopefully they combine Madison and Lincoln soon so they can be a real threat. 

OAN Dawg nation, their D1 receiver's dad played for Carthage back in the day. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I say Winnsboro by 7. I coached these Madison Boys in the past. Speed is there but size is lacking. Hopefully they combine Madison and Lincoln soon so they can be a real threat. 

OAN Dawg nation, their D1 receiver's dad played for Carthage back in the day. 

I noticed that as well when we played them. They have a couple of linemen with some size but their skilled kids are a little on the light side. But don’t let that fool you. The starting RB, #3 I believe, is small but he will not go down on first contact. Kid has a small frame but a big heart. I did notice tackling seems to be an issue so if Winny can control the LOS and just pound them they should be successful.

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, BearFan13 said:

Funny someone from Dallas Madison is talking about quality wins. Laughable 

play two teams with a pulse and lose to both. 

They actually played reasonable against Sunnyvale. They were leading until mid 4th. Don't count them out.