6A DII RII Area Round: Longview vs Dallas Jesuit

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-0) vs Dallas Jesuit Rangers (7-4)  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Dallas Jesuit in a close one
    • Dallas Jesuit in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2019 at 01:30 AM

7 minutes ago, Wolfpac07 said:

This is off topic, but I’ve notice in other thread with Westfield, mainly a north shore fan here or there. Seems to me they are dismissing Longview as the favorite in D2 and are all about Westfield. I know they are Houston untied, but damn lets them not fool there selfs, Longview is still the top dog in D2 until proven otherwise and one of best in state! I think and I know this is “If” we make it and play Wf, we may be close but think we  separate ourselves from them with coaching, qb play and a slightly better defense!

Westfield would definitely be a big challenge for us, but as you said, until we get knocked off...I’m taking our boys.

• Like 2

So the 2 issues that have plagued This Lobo team THIS year has been penalties and drops. Penalties tend to fluctuate depending on the location, circumstances, officiating crews, and the testosterone of young men. Drops however seem like a fixable issue (quit playing the same young man who has a guaranteed drop or 2 every game). While the penalties and drops didn't kill us against temple, it will get us beat by better teams with a defense (vandergrift, KC, Westfield, etc). I think 21 is a stud as far as metrics, but i have never seen a wr get SO many chances. He has to have had at least 12 to 15 drops this season. It's just frustrating because this lobo team has only really scratched the surface of its its offensive potential. 

Rant over from an 09 lobo grad that is beyond thankful for the young men we have ( and i mean all of them, kearbey has superstar potential)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BigSash09 said:

So the 2 issues that have plagued This Lobo team THIS year has been penalties and drops. Penalties tend to fluctuate depending on the location, circumstances, officiating crews, and the testosterone of young men. Drops however seem like a fixable issue (quit playing the same young man who has a guaranteed drop or 2 every game). While the penalties and drops didn't kill us against temple, it will get us beat by better teams with a defense (vandergrift, KC, Westfield, etc). I think 21 is a stud as far as metrics, but i have never seen a wr get SO many chances. He has to have had at least 12 to 15 drops this season. It's just frustrating because this lobo team has only really scratched the surface of its its offensive potential. 

Rant over from an 09 lobo grad that is beyond thankful for the young men we have ( and i mean all of them, kearbey has superstar potential)

Man, you had me 110% until that very, last statement. No, the hell he DON'T! I know you are being positive about it all and I want to believe that he does based on what I seen from him LAST year. But, nah. It's like he is content with putting as much Country Crock spread on his hands as possible every game and for what reason??? Your guess is good as mine's.

After those drops against Temple, it SEEMS as though that John King had finally seen enough and decided to put Hale in. It's sad to see such a young, man go from what he was last year to where he's at now. It just goes to show that Kamden Perry raised the level of play and made everyone around him better to the point that all of the receivers wanted to be productive like him.

Then insert a potential Freshman phenom who's getting all types of well-deserved hype and attention and as a Senior, you would THINK that would initiate enough of a fire under you to focus and perform to the best of your abilities plus cut out all the miscellaneous, after-the-play antics. But, NOPE! Hasn't phased him one bit.

So, maybe watching the underclassmen by the Gatorade table for an extended period of time will resonate with him - Maybe. But, I seriously doubt it at this point. Shout out to Kyas Moore though for finally getting it together. He was on that short, yellow bus with Kearbey earlier in the year but made the wise decision to abort that ride altogether as he finally seen it was headed straight to, Destination: Nowhere.

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

On 11/16/2019 at 9:41 AM, LoboFan07 said:

So, even with a broke hand last night, EJ Smith played and tallied three touchdowns.

Longview played Smith two years ago in his sophomore season at Kincaide. Though, they don't. have a QB to match what Parker Towns did against us.

We'll see, but I think it'll be a lot like what we've seen the last couple weeks. They have absolutely zero speed compared to us.

My buddy's son plays for Prosper. They got beat by Jesuit this year. He said Smith's son is good, but the other RB is a flat out stud. I expect Lobos to roll. 

13 hours ago, BigSash09 said:

Speaking of Kearbey, did anyone see him actually play in the second half? I don't even really remember him in the 2nd quarter.

6 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Speaking of Kearbey, did anyone see him actually play in the second half? I don't even really remember him in the 2nd quarter.

Nope. He was sat down. He earned it, though. I hate it for him. The game is about having fun at the end of the day but, don't shortchange yourself and your teammates if you're not going to concentrate and divulge 100% of yourself for those who want to win.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, eagle34 said:

My buddy's son plays for Prosper. They got beat by Jesuit this year. He said Smith's son is good, but the other RB is a flat out stud. I expect Lobos to roll. 

Good to hear...Temples 1-2 punch at RB and Lee’s 1-2 punch did nothing...looking to see these guys against our defense...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Only time that I saw him go back in is when Hale came out briefly due to shoulder issue. But once Hale went back in, nothing.

It's a shame. He'd be a fine wideout if those hands come along. Route running and blocking top notch. Knows the playbook. Good teammate as he is the first one to congratulate ya when you do well and first one critique ya if you do bad. But those hands man. They gotta come along eventually.

55 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Only time that I saw him go back in is when Hale came out briefly due to shoulder issue. But once Hale went back in, nothing.

It's a shame. He'd be a fine wideout if those hands come along. Route running and blocking top notch. Knows the playbook. Good teammate as he is the first one to congratulate ya when you do well and first one critique ya if you do bad. But those hands man. They gotta come along eventually.

I think he is afraid of the contact which cause a lack of focus. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jbabi86 said:

I think he is afraid of the contact which cause a lack of focus. 

Yeah, I remember me and you talkin about that Friday night. Looks great in pregame. But when those DB's get in front of em....

Image result for dropping balls gif

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ANTI said:

Yeah, I remember me and you talkin about that Friday night. Looks great in pregame. But when those DB's get in front of em....

Image result for dropping balls gif

As bad as it has gone for him this year...Lobos gonna need him at some point during these playoffs. I wonder how many drops he has this year. I don't remember any drops last year. The pressure of being the #1 ain't for everybody...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gtee2 said:

As bad as it has gone for him this year...Lobos gonna need him at some point during these playoffs. I wonder how many drops he has this year. I don't remember any drops last year. The pressure of being the #1 ain't for everybody...

Agreed. Hope he gets it together.

And he had zero drops last year. 

• Mr. P locked this topic