6A DII RII Area Round: Longview vs Dallas Jesuit

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-0) vs Dallas Jesuit Rangers (7-4)  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Dallas Jesuit in a close one
    • Dallas Jesuit in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2019 at 01:30 AM

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

Offensively yes...

This is interesting to me.

What makes Jesuit a better offensive team, in your eyes? From what we heard all last week was how big and bad Temple's offense was, having not gained under 490 yards all season, not to mention averaging the amount of points they had been. And Jesuit is well below both.

Are you chalking that up to your opinion of 9-6A being better than 12-6A (and 11-6A the way y'all predicted this week).

• Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Jesuit has a QB who is a more polished passer, they typically execute at a higher level...and yes I think 9-6A overall is pretty strong...

Temple in all honesty wasn't very good this year...very young team....their best win was over Shoemaker??

That quarterback...  whew, bless his heart, I know he was trying his best, but talk about a missed opportunity.

Temple had some serious talent at WR and RB. The right QB could've had that offense humming along like a well-oiled machine. 

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Jesuit has a QB who is a more polished passer, they typically execute at a higher level...and yes I think 9-6A overall is pretty strong...

Temple in all honesty wasn't very good this year...very young team....their best win was over Shoemaker??

Wow....if that is the case then they had similar games against Killeen and Cedar Ridge like Vandy did....so Vandy must not be that good either?!?

this region kind of #### then 😂😂😂

I think aside from Longview the best two teams in the region are Klein Collins and Westfield.....12-6A wasn't great this year...it was more competitive but Midway the champ struggled w/Lee....Longview, Mesquite and Rockwall rolled....Jesuit won't be near as talented as Temple but they are a far better offense

2 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I think aside from Longview the best two teams in the region are Klein Collins and Westfield.....12-6A wasn't great this year...it was more competitive but Midway the champ struggled w/Lee....Longview, Mesquite and Rockwall rolled....Jesuit won't be near as talented as Temple but they are a far better offense

Good perspective...thank you.  If EJ plays I am very interested in how our run defense reacts to their 1-2 punch.  Temple had good RBs and a big oline but it didn’t help them....ready for Friday!

Go Lobos!

I just don't see it with 9-6A. I've seen too many games in that district this season on Thursday night to believe they have a better district than us. I thought it had two good teams at the start of the season, but Prosper has shown they're no where near as good as last season, the Plano ISD schools are just terrible, McKinney ISD is average at best.

Guess we'll find out this weekend.

• Thanks 2

I was noticing on Texan live says Friday games will be audio only due to uil, says games will not have video until contest is complete. Does anyone know if this holds true for playoffs? Thinking they sure do have a lot of Friday big games on there for it just to be audio live!

• Thanks 1

I seen in the paper where if we win tonight we will be playing next Friday at Baylor, what’s up with the Friday playoff games after the first round is king picking this, I figured that might hurt on the crowd attendance all the way in Waco it being played on the Friday?

8 hours ago, Wolfpac07 said:

I was noticing on Texan live says Friday games will be audio only due to uil, says games will not have video until contest is complete. Does anyone know if this holds true for playoffs? Thinking they sure do have a lot of Friday big games on there for it just to be audio live!

The audio thing is only for regular season, video and audio available for post season.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Better is all relative in your statement. You can say Temple is more talented but Jesuit is more efficient/proficient, but does that make Jesuit better?

They can be the same, one producing due to talent the other due to execution. Then there is match ups.... I think the results will be the same for Jesuit as it has been for others Longview has faced this year. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LoboFan80 said:

Is it true texanlive won't show the game on friday nights ?

texanlive is $9.95 per game. It's just a matter of which game is available. Longview vs Jesuit is available. 

There's also nfhsnetwork.com. That one is $10.99 per month. Longview vs Jesuit is also available there.

• Thanks 1

• Mr. P locked this topic