2A D1 AREA PLAYOFF: Normangee (6-5) vs. #4 San Augustine(11-0) - 7:00 p.m. Crockett HS - Friday 11/22/19

SAWolfman

Who Wins  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

Very well said.  But, we were still good under Hubbard.  His offense was great, but we struggled defensively.  We were horrible under Ford and Clay.

You still have the occasional flashback to the night in Joaquin in 2010 where y’all blew a 32-8 halftime lead and lost to Joaquin? Aka the beginning of the end of the Clay era? 

25 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

You still have the occasional flashback to the night in Joaquin in 2010 where y’all blew a 32-8 halftime lead and lost to Joaquin? Aka the beginning of the end of the Clay era? 

No because thankfully I had a show that night and couldnt attend lol.  

Bottom line is Prince was a horrible hire to start with.  I'll be the first to admit there is not a better defensive coordinator at this level than he.  However, some coaches are just simply put not head coach material and he is the perfect example.  Look at his record as a coordinator.  I believe 3 count them 3 state championships.  But when it comes to being the head guy he just simply cannot get it done regardless of where he was at.  He was given a shot because he is a home town kid and his time is now up.  He is a wonderful role model to the kids and I for one appreciate that.  However, there are other wonderful role models that know how to win and will do so.

5 hours ago, scd708 said:

Bottom line is Prince was a horrible hire to start with.  I'll be the first to admit there is not a better defensive coordinator at this level than he.  However, some coaches are just simply put not head coach material and he is the perfect example.  Look at his record as a coordinator.  I believe 3 count them 3 state championships.  But when it comes to being the head guy he just simply cannot get it done regardless of where he was at.  He was given a shot because he is a home town kid and his time is now up.  He is a wonderful role model to the kids and I for one appreciate that.  However, there are other wonderful role models that know how to win and will do so.

So I take it you’ve seen the athletes he had to work with at Bandera and Dawson for you to say it was a bad hire to start?

Also how is the first district championship Garrison has had in how many years?  6? Playoffs all four years, a winning record in his tenure at Garrison, and just overall athletics success since he’s been here a bad hire exactly?

the bottom line is, anyone basing his ability as a head coach on his last three years in Bandera, and his three years in Dawson has literally no idea what he had to work with.  He told me when he got to Dawson he had to teach linemen, seniors in high school, how to get into a 3 point stance properly.  And if you base your judgement off of his tenure in Garrison, he’s got a winning record despite for two years competing with Newton, Crockett, and Corrigan Camden in district, and scheduling tough pre district teams.  He doesn’t believe in scheduling easy PD teams.

On 11/16/2019 at 9:36 PM, Jacket44 said:

Coaching profession is a tough way to live, lives depend on teenagers. These days it’s even harder, win now or else, but they choose the profession. Best of luck to him if it is true, and even if it’s not!

Prince was well thought of when he was at Tatum and they we're winning or playing for state titles. I believe he was defensive coordinator.

6 hours ago, wolfpack76 said:

Exactly...great coordinator...but back to the subject at hand...SA vs Normangee...not sure how this became a post about Prince 

Well the game is gonna be a real snoozer, and Normangee fans aren’t exactly crashing the SDC server, so we needed something to talk about. 

• LOL! 2