East Texas Coach of the Year

Destry

Liberty Eylau.  Takes a special person to do what they did this year with all of that talent. 

j/k

sabine coach 

Spring Hill coach 

Texas High coach 

Alto Coach

Harleton Coach 

Palestine coach 

Longview coach & what he’s been able to maintain throughout the years...also has the states longest winning streak I believe  

they all did an awesome Job this year and deserve to be recognized.  It will be hard to pick in my opinion! 

Harleton Coach- no one except Little believed he could turn them around

Sabine Coach-Historic turn around 

Winnsboro Coach-righted a ship that was headed in the wrong way and had hit some rocks

Spring Hill Coach- went from everybody’s homecoming to they will only be playing in thier own homecoming next year 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Touchdown16 said:

Now that round 2 is over, what are your thoughts on this topic? 

Right now still has to be Coach Little at Harleton. 

In the running would be Sabine's Sharp, Winnsboro coach & even Coach Berry from Gladewater. Although it is known Gladewater has outstanding talent, issues early in season caused that ship to be headed in the wrong direction. Coach Berry has not only righted the ship, but with some major changes has the Bears playing as well as any team in the playoffs. That's with a very young team in skilled positions. 

22 minutes ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Absolutely Harleton’s head coach.Harleton was a losing team last 2 years, I think the went 2-8 last year. A completely non threatening team to play against.

He comes in a wins the district and now is facing San Augustine in Regional semi finals. Epic turnaround 

I think Harleton was 1-9 the last two years and 2-8 the year before that

Guest Tiger03lb

This is a tough year choosing 1 coach. Several have pushed their programs forward and while others have taken a weak program and got them into the playoffs. I would say louvier from SH, Finney from Winny, little from Harleton, and Sharp from Sabine. If GW makes it to state I'd throw him into the mix. 

If I had to choose I'd say Louvier or Sharp. 

As I look back over the candidates,I hope the people who choose the coach will do so without partiality and political geographic location, but nowadays that is the exception. So many good candidates, whether they are 3 miles from Longview or 30 miles. Just a thought.