East Texas Coach of the Year

Destry

Coach Little and his staff have to be in the mix.  What a year and job they have done at Harleton.  We are excited at Harleton to see what the future holds for our school and community.  Going up in classification will be another challenge for Coach Little but my bet is we will be competitive and what a year to be a Wildcat.  Thanks for all the hard work Coach Little!!!!

Wasn't Coach Little at Emory Rains the last time they did anything in football. It amazes me how coaches like these that can go to places that have a hard time winning in football till they hire someone like little but it is hard for some of the better football schools to take a chance on them. Example. Frazier at West Rusk but nobody else around the County wanted to take a chance on him.

Guest Tiger03lb
11 hours ago, catsbacker said:

Coach Little and his staff have to be in the mix.  What a year and job they have done at Harleton.  We are excited at Harleton to see what the future holds for our school and community.  Going up in classification will be another challenge for Coach Little but my bet is we will be competitive and what a year to be a Wildcat.  Thanks for all the hard work Coach Little!!!!

Was Coach Ward the coach there last year or the year before?

Guest Tiger03lb
1 minute ago, Destry said:

Last 4 years, left with a 10-32 record, not all his fault

I was wondering. I know he won a championship and got them there the year after with tenaha. I know it's a lower classification but still.

3 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

I was wondering. I know he won a championship and got them there the year after with tenaha. I know it's a lower classification but still.

Don’t want to knock Ward in any way but his commitment to the spread was part of his problem. Little put in wing t and some other missing links and ......... well we saw the results.

On 11/16/2019 at 2:12 PM, justafan said:

Y’all act like Waskom was bad. They tied with EF and Diana for 3rd 4th and 5th. They were just young. To say they underachieved to me is an understatement. You think they should have beat pewitt or daingerfield??  I don’t think so. The dist was pretty close. Dekalb beat the 1 seed. I was just saying after the Waskom loss EF could have folded the tent.  

People will never give any credit, EF had 4 seniors, same 4 kids in that class from 7th grade.  Smith missed 3 games and the second half of the 1st playoff game and was basically a decoy in the 2nd playoff game.  OL started 2 soph's and a freshman this year.  same for DL, 2 kids starters missed 5 games each (Soph DT #52 and JR DE #1) played 2 other soph's and freshman at DT, 54, 79, 50 1 soph 69 at DE, 2 soph's in secondary 17 and 27 and 20 a freshman played 60% of the snaps back there because of Smith being out and 27 injury limited him. ( 27 broke a bone in his foot last regular season game)  Both LB's had never played LB, #4 was a move in that once he learned the position was all world and #31 was a DE up until week 3, both JR's)

Yea, 3 OL that had never started before this season and 1 gets hurt 1st game 1st half and missed the next 5 games.  Add that to the complete inexperience I just laid out on defense, Smith's injury, #7 playing all year at 60% with cracked ribs, and for some reason this team was picked to challenge the district title.

Under achieved...lol

Fans get their expectations from reading magazines and what they think they team should do from their own minds, very very rarely do they do the homework to see this team at the start of the year, constructed like this at the start of the year to be ranked like it was was a joke. Those stupid rankings without any real knowledge on who the team really has its what gets fans to have stupid expectations.

Great foundation with all those young guys getting experience this season, hopefully it will pay off next year.

Two ways to look at this.  There ar coaches that bring them out of the cellar but what about the coaches that brought a team out of the cellar ten years ago and maintained the program at a championship.  I think on history can be cruel to one or two year wonders.  Time is relentless but always exposed the truth.  Except when the federal gov’t is involved  LOL