Texarkana Texas (7-4) vs Frisco Independence (9-2)

bordertown

Independence has a 9-2 record with one loss by forfeit, so on the field 10-1. One true loss was to #1 Frisco Lone Star 63-14. They appear to have a good dual threat QB who has passed for 3054 and run for 626. So it appears the first key is getting “controlled pressure” on him. They have gained 2549 rushing with the top rusher (Orr) has 838 yards. Top receiver (Wafer) has 1228 yards. They appear to have a potent offense and an average defense. Texas High should be able to score, but the key is whether the defense can make some stops.

36 minutes ago, bordertown said:

Independence has a 9-2 record with one loss by forfeit, so on the field 10-1. One true loss was to #1 Frisco Lone Star 63-14. They appear to have a good dual threat QB who has passed for 3054 and run for 626. So it appears the first key is getting “controlled pressure” on him. They have gained 2549 rushing with the top rusher (Orr) has 838 yards. Top receiver (Wafer) has 1228 yards. They appear to have a potent offense and an average defense. Texas High should be able to score, but the key is whether the defense can make some stops.

Yes, looks like FI can score with the best of them.  Will be a tall task for the Tigers BUT they did beat Lufkin so anything can happen.

12 hours ago, bordertown said:

Message to Frisco fans. Not sure how well you will travel. But if you are expecting a large contingent, might consider parking at high school and taking the bus to the game. It is a convenient service TISD provides.

Frisco independence is a fairly new school so I doubt The fan base is huge and you know dfw people barley wanna travel 30 mins for an away game lol. 

On 11/18/2019 at 8:57 PM, bordertown said:

Message to Frisco fans. Not sure how well you will travel. But if you are expecting a large contingent, might consider parking at high school and taking the bus to the game. It is a convenient service TISD provides.

Saw the below on Matt Stepp's feed'

bailey post.png

On 11/19/2019 at 9:01 AM, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Frisco independence is a fairly new school so I doubt The fan base is huge and you know dfw people barley wanna travel 30 mins for an away game lol. 

I tend to agree with this.

I remember going to the playoff game in Royce City against West Mesquite in 2017.

The T-High side was full while the WM side had maybe 100 or so.

That was a long drive from WM to Royse City.