Texarkana Texas (7-4) vs Frisco Independence (9-2)

bordertown

9 minutes ago, Spothhb2 said:

I tend to agree with this.

I remember going to the playoff game in Royce City against West Mesquite in 2017.

The T-High side was full while the WM side had maybe 100 or so.

That was a log drive from WM to Royse City.

Lol I don’t know what it is. It’s almost like  its an inconvenience for them to travel out of there own city lol. 

On 11/16/2019 at 7:48 AM, bordertown said:

Since Independence won Thursday, they made arrangements with the winner of the Texas High/Lufkin game. Team knew if they won, the game would be in Texarkana. I think this is the first playoff game (any classification) since Grim was remodeled.

Bet they didn't count on the team whom they're playing.

3 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Lol I don’t know what it is. It’s almost like  its an inconvenience for them to travel out of there own city lol. 

i bet 2 weeks ago there weren't 50 wm fans at texas high. i had always heard about dfw schools not traveling well but that was even less than expected.

13 minutes ago, txk85 said:

i bet 2 weeks ago there weren't 50 wm fans at texas high. i had always heard about dfw schools not traveling well but that was even less than expected.

I think WM fan base was so small was because they appeared to bring a “pep band” (appeared to be 25 -30 in band), that did not march. I hope for the game atmosphere, Independence brings a crowd.

1 hour ago, txk85 said:

They don't travel well to even their own stadium, much less to a place like Texarkana.

It's really sad. We've seen a lot of the Mesquite ISD schools over the last decade and a half, and I can't remember them ever having a huge crowd. Horn use to bring a decent crowd when they were winning, but the last two years have been pitiful.

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

They don't travel well to even their own stadium, much less to a place like Texarkana.

It's really sad. We've seen a lot of the Mesquite ISD schools over the last decade and a half, and I can't remember them ever having a huge crowd. Horn use to bring a decent crowd when they were winning, but the last two years have been pitiful.

Yea I guess that what happens when your living in the big city life!

I saw this in the Dallas Morning News:'

There will be stops — Martin in Abilene for some game-day weight lifting, for example, and Independence in Sulphur Springs for a walkthrough — pre and postgame meal reservations for parties of more than 100 people, and communication about departure and arrival to parents, the band and other support groups.

Many schools are not the good ol' Texans that were raised in football country. It's full of outsiders who don't care about football and other things. Many of these big schools are full of foreign born or 1st generation students. I read a stat that in 2000 52% of Plano was foreign-born and far from the days when the last one out of town turned out the lights. It's set to spread like.

Frisco Independence by 7.

Independence 45 T-High 30

Congrats to the Knights. Texas High played tough the first half. Independence’s QB hurt the Tigers with his legs. Several times he made big plays on 4th downs. Tigers did a good job controlling the the Knights passing attack, only to have Braxton make plays with his legs.

Congrats to the Tigers on a nice season. Study hard in class as your education is the greatest asset you have for your future. 

By the way, Independence had a decent following.

The Tigers imploded in the third quarter which has happened to them multiple times this season. The Frisco coaching staff has to be commended for doing a better job of preparing their team and utilizing their talents.  If it is any comfort to the Lufkin Panther Nation, Frisco, IMHO, would have been nothing but a speed bump for you all.  When the coaching staff plays it close to the vest all night and does not use its best receiver, the one that burned LP, then this is the kind of result that you get.  We both need someone else in the HC position.  And for all you Bozos that will try to trash me for my past posts concerning BN, his team was behind 34 - 7 at the end of the first quarter tonight and got the mercy rule clock job put on them tonight.  THS was the better team tonight but they did not get the job done.  If this is the Frisco team that has been putting up 65 points on everybody in the Metroplex then the pickings are slim out West.  The good news for the Tigers is that they return a lot of players next season and hopefully, maybe, the coaching will be better and the players improve as students and as young men outside of school.

• Stinks 4

On 11/22/2019 at 10:53 PM, SiriusDogon7 said:

The Tigers imploded in the third quarter which has happened to them multiple times this season. The Frisco coaching staff has to be commended for doing a better job of preparing their team and utilizing their talents.  If it is any comfort to the Lufkin Panther Nation, Frisco, IMHO, would have been nothing but a speed bump for you all.  When the coaching staff plays it close to the vest all night and does not use its best receiver, the one that burned LP, then this is the kind of result that you get.  We both need someone else in the HC position.  And for all you Bozos that will try to trash me for my past posts concerning BN, his team was behind 34 - 7 at the end of the first quarter tonight and got the mercy rule clock job put on them tonight.  THS was the better team tonight but they did not get the job done.  If this is the Frisco team that has been putting up 65 points on everybody in the Metroplex then the pickings are slim out West.  The good news for the Tigers is that they return a lot of players next season and hopefully, maybe, the coaching will be better and the players improve as students and as young men outside of school.

I knew it would not take long before you came out of the closet.  Wow,  your credibility ####.  That is why you are the "Village Idiot."  By the way,  FYI,  BN won a state championship and came close to others.  Just saying.  SMDH

Like I said, they would have been nothing but a speed bump to Lufkin.  The Lufkin game was the only one the whole season that the Tigers had everything rolling in the right direction and coaching was the most crucial factor in the Lufkin/THS matchup.  Texas High has a lot coming back next season, just hope that the game management by the offensive coaching staff.  It was awful this season.  Slimbodine, eat your heart out.  You know nothing at all.  Nothing...

• Stinks 1

4 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Like I said, they would have been nothing but a speed bump to Lufkin.  The Lufkin game was the only one the whole season that the Tigers had everything rolling in the right direction and coaching was the most crucial factor in the Lufkin/THS matchup.  Texas High has a lot coming back next season, just hope that the game management by the offensive coaching staff.  It was awful this season.  Slimbodine, eat your heart out.  You know nothing at all.  Nothing...

I very well may know nothing at all.  However,  one thing I do know is that you are "The Village Idiot."  And just an FYI for you SeriousDogpoop7,  its not what I know...Its WHO I KNOW.

• Thanks 1