Groveton vs. Big Sandy @ Rusk 11/22

Reddog92

11 hours ago, jorr2car said:

Truth. Groveton favored and for good reason. Big Sandy will have to play the best they have all season (but they seem to be getting better every week) and maybe have the ball bounce their way a couple times. 

Big Sandy can't afford to get down early. Not a strong air attack to catch up quickly but enough to keep you honest. 

Keys: Groveton linebackers will have to read their keys to slow down Big Sandy's rushing attack. 

Big Sandy DB's are going to have to play lights out and force a few turnovers. 

11 hours ago, jorr2car said:

Truth. Groveton favored and for good reason. Big Sandy will have to play the best they have all season (but they seem to be getting better every week) and maybe have the ball bounce their way a couple times. 

Big Sandy can't afford to get down early. Not a strong air attack to catch up quickly but enough to keep you honest. 

Keys: Groveton linebackers will have to read their keys to slow down Big Sandy's rushing attack. 

Big Sandy DB's are going to have to play lights out and force a few turnovers

However it turns out It was nice to see that gentlemen can still have a civil conversation. One is truly foolish to belittle any worthy opponent. Best of luck and safe travels. 

1 hour ago, Reddog92 said:

However it turns out It was nice to see that gentlemen can still have a civil conversation. One is truly foolish to belittle any worthy opponent. Best of luck and safe travels. 

Best if luck! Keep eye on #4 Big Sandy. Might be related to me 😂. Good DB & punter! Will grab an onside kick or two too. 

No injuries tonight and may the best team be decided on the field with class! 

• Thanks 1

Well it’s game time! Good luck reddog92! Groveton is the clear favorite, but I think Big sandy’s tough nosed kids should make it interesting for atleast a little while. One thing for sure, the kids will do anything for Coach Minter. You can tell he has the respect from the kids. And the energy he coaches with is crazyyyy. Good luck!

2 hours ago, wildcat001 said:

Well it’s game time! Good luck reddog92! Groveton is the clear favorite, but I think Big sandy’s tough nosed kids should make it interesting for atleast a little while. One thing for sure, the kids will do anything for Coach Minter. You can tell he has the respect from the kids. And the energy he coaches with is crazyyyy. Good luck!

In playoff football anything can and will happen. I know neither team wants this to be their last game. Good luck as well.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jorr2car said:

Halftime 27-7 Groveton up. They are good. BS lost 2 defensive lineman (hurts) but props to Grove, good team. 

Punting has been exceptional by Big Sandy though. I won't say that's my son 😁.

San Augustine is getting all they can handle from Normangee. Joaquin is up against Alto 8 6. But Joaquins stud RB unfortunately has broke his arm.

I got Groveton vs SA in region championship. Groveton is so good offensively. And aren’t too bad defensively and their best defensive player i Heard did even play tonight, the Chavez kid. Big Sandy had a lot of success late when getting in spread and throwing the ball, not sure why they didn’t do that more often. Hats off to groveton! Congrats reddog92! And also thanks for not making this thread a shaming thread the whole week, like others. Y’all go take care of Joaquin.

51 minutes ago, wildcat001 said:

I got Groveton vs SA in region championship. Groveton is so good offensively. And aren’t too bad defensively and their best defensive player i Heard did even play tonight, the Chavez kid. Big Sandy had a lot of success late when getting in spread and throwing the ball, not sure why they didn’t do that more often. Hats off to groveton! Congrats reddog92! And also thanks for not making this thread a shaming thread the whole week, like others. Y’all go take care of Joaquin.

Always honor your opponent. I take football to serious not to. I know the sacrifices all to well in football for the players and coaches. Unless you've had to look kids in the eye on the field or the field house and see the sacrifices they make and the harm's way they put themselves in don't belittle anyone. Yes we have a offense that's hard to game plan for in this classification as well as Great play calling and spreading the ball around in alot of ways. The Chavez kid is a bowling ball. Hard to block and hard to tackle. Thankfully we have enough weapons to fill in this week. I never overly celebrate a playoff win because a bunch of hard working young men and coaches will not play together as a unit again forever. Hopefully we can execute against Joaquin. I feel like we should. Have a happy Thanksgiving and congratulations on the successful season.

1 hour ago, jorr2car said:

Final 55-27 Groveton wins if you didn't know. 

Definitely one of the top teams in Region 3

Congratulations on the successful season my friend. It's never a pleasure to see a group of hard working players and coaches season end. Always honor your opponent , especially In a game that requires the courage to put yourself in harm's way frequently. In my opinion only those who never seen or experienced on the field and field house level, the hours, planning, and sacrifices made will talk foolishly. I guess our society is spiraling in that direction. Godspeed and thanks for the compliments of our players and coaches.