Gilmer vs Fairfield

gilmerstar

Not too many Gilmer folks talking too much on these chats. I think everyone is trying to fly under the radar and not beat on their chest too much these days. After last year I think we are just letting the kids speak for themselves on the field. They are doing well right now and heading in the right direction 1 game at a time. Opponents will be getting harder each week and just have to stay focused. 

Is it game day yet? I'm itching to get the game started already.

Fairfield is defiantly one dimensional offensively. VERY heavy run game, avg. somewhere around 400 yards a game, which plays perfectly into the Buckeye's hands. Lack of passing for Fairfield might hurt if behind in the 4th qtr. Their QB is a shifty dude, so tackling in this game is key! Might be close for awhile, but Gilmer pulls away in second half. 

GO BUCKS!

Went and watched Fairfield Friday and I will tell you this game will not be close at all. Yes the Qb is athletic but he isn’t very big and I like our chances with our front 7. Also we gash them on the ground and through the air which they try and put the QB who is their starting corner on the best wr and I also like our chances with that as well 

Good to hear. I've been trying to watch anything I can online on them. I honestly have not been following them this year. I see that their main RB has over 1000 yards rushing and they are only averaging about 50 yards passing PG. If our D can contain the run game I think we will be fine. 

I think Gilmer dominates this game in the trenches, and that is where a game is won or lost.  The Buckeyes defensive front 7 will wreak havoc on the Eagle's O-line, in my opinion.  I also think Gilmer's O-line will dominate the D-line of Fairfield.  If the Buckeyes continue to play like they have the last 10 quarters, this game won't be very close.  The Buckeyes have to clean up the mistakes, though.

11 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

I think Gilmer dominates this game in the trenches, and that is where a game is won or lost.  The Buckeyes defensive front 7 will wreak havoc on the Eagle's O-line, in my opinion.  I also think Gilmer's O-line will dominate the D-line of Fairfield.  If the Buckeyes continue to play like they have the last 10 quarters, this game won't be very close.  The Buckeyes have to clean up the mistakes, though.

We will make mistakes this game but it won’t cost us but on down the line if we keep getting bone head penalties then it will