Gilmer vs Fairfield

gilmerstar

15 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

We will make mistakes this game but it won’t cost us but on down the line if we keep getting bone head penalties then it will 

The whole idea of these games is to get better, and that means cleaning up the mistakes.  The teams will keep getting better the deeper we go.  But, yeah, we could probably get away with some mistakes in this matchup, but we still need to limit them, and almost do away with them completely for the games after this one.

27 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

The whole idea of these games is to get better, and that means cleaning up the mistakes.  The teams will keep getting better the deeper we go.  But, yeah, we could probably get away with some mistakes in this matchup, but we still need to limit them, and almost do away with them completely for the games after this one.

I understand but there is gonna be penalties in every game that you play I’m just glad we haven’t had any turnovers 

14 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I understand but there is gonna be penalties in every game that you play I’m just glad we haven’t had any turnovers 

You'll get absolutely NO argument from me there.  I think the biggest difference between this year and the last 4 seasons is turnovers.  That, and this year another year of experience for the youth of our team, and the way the defense has pretty much figured it out.  Mistakes will happen, no doubt, but limiting them can be the difference between winning and losing.

What type of offense does Fairfield run?  The limited highlights I've seen looked primarily run oriented out of spread formation without a whole lot of misdirection or option look.

If that is true then I feel that Gilmer will be able to sell out on the run and shut Fairfield down.  

Its Game Day Buckeyes! Play with intensity, drive, heart, and mind. Leave everything on the field tonight with no regrets. This game will be the final chapter for one of these teams on the field. Some it will be the last game that they ever play under the lights. Play clean Buckeye football and the rest will follow. Good luck tonight and I will be there to support yall! Safe travels to everyone tonight that will come out to support both teams. 

GO BUX!!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MIZETX said:

What type of offense does Fairfield run?  The limited highlights I've seen looked primarily run oriented out of spread formation without a whole lot of misdirection or option look.

If that is true then I feel that Gilmer will be able to sell out on the run and shut Fairfield down.  

They average throwing less than 10 times a game.  They rush for a bit over 300 per game (and about 50-60 thru the air)

QB is just short of 2000 yards rushing and has 24 TDs ... the RB is just over 1,000 yds ...

One receiver has about 2/3 of all their receptions.