Carthage @ Lumberton

PantherNation2015

Carthage @ Lumberton  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Carthage
    • Lumberton

In a unique turn of events, Carthage lost a flip and will play in Lumberton on Friday at 7pm vs in Lufkin on Thurs at 7pm.   This is because the Lady Dawg V-ball team won today and will play in the state semi’s on Thursday night.  The Dawgs will travel 149 miles for the second round game.  Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

In a unique turn of events, Carthage has agreed to move the previously agreed upon venue from Lufkin to Lumberton and the date from Thursday to Friday.  This is because the Lady Dawg V-ball team won today and will play in the state semi’s on Thursday night.  The Dawgs will travel 149 miles for the second round game.  Thoughts?

Agreed to Lumberton or lost the flip ?

8 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Agreed to Lumberton or lost the flip ?

The venue and date had already been agreed to correct?  Lufkin on Thurs.  I’m guessing Surratt had to give a little to move the date due to v-ball win.  That’s pure speculation on my part.  What would the other option have been?

• Stinks 1

2 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

The venue and date had already been agreed to correct?  Lufkin on Thurs.  I’m guessing Surratt had to give a little to move the date due to v-ball win.  That’s pure speculation on my part.  What would the other option have been?

Flip for Carthage or Lumberton is what I heard. I am betting the Lumberton coach was agreeable, partly because he doesn’t want a 70 spot put on him. 

4 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Flip for Carthage or Lumberton is what I heard. I am betting the Lumberton coach was agreeable, partly because he doesn’t want a 70 spot put on him. 

Ok I stand corrected.  I was under the impression it was already set for Thurs and we had to give to move it to Fri.

11 minutes ago, bansheefan03 said:

Well look at the bright side they will have to play at carthage next time they play each other

That is true if they “flipped”.  Not positive, but thinking if a team just agrees to go play at the other school, you go thru the same process next time. 

6 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

How is Lumberton’s pass defense?

Not good. They had trouble keeping up with the speed of our receivers. We were beating them all the way to the 4th quarter 14-0. 8 min left in the game they throw a pass for td and changed the momentum. Went to Ot and lost the game. Since then we changed some things. We played very poorly. That was the first time Lumberton in 10 years. It was embarrassing. 

7 minutes ago, LCM said:

Not good. They had trouble keeping up with the speed of our receivers. We were beating them all the way to the 4th quarter 14-0. 8 min left in the game they throw a pass for td and changed the momentum. Went to Ot and lost the game. Since then we changed some things. We played very poorly. That was the first time Lumberton in 10 years. It was embarrassing. 

They are going to be in trouble.  Carthage can score on 1-2 plays in 30 seconds.  If Lumberton scores it will take 5-6 minutes and 14 plays.  If they get behind 14 points or more it’s over.

3 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

They are going to be in trouble.  Carthage can score on 1-2 plays in 30 seconds.  If Lumberton scores it will take 5-6 minutes and 14 plays.  If they get behind 14 points or more it’s over.

To be honest we should have been the 2nd seed. I hope to see y’all in round 3

2 minutes ago, LCM said:

To be honest we should have been the 2nd seed. I hope to see y’all in round 3

My green and gold friend.  I also would like to see your Bears make it to round 3.  Taking the emotion out of it and telling it like it really is.  (You really don't hope to run into Carthage though the 3rd round).  Imo, nobody does though.

2 minutes ago, JasperDawg said:

My green and gold friend.  I also would like to see your Bears make it to round 3.  Taking the emotion out of it and telling it like it really is.  (You really don't hope to run into Carthage though the 3rd round).  Imo, nobody does though.

Do you guys think this game will pull in other fans outside of these two teams?