Carthage @ Lumberton

PantherNation2015

Carthage @ Lumberton  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Carthage
    • Lumberton

9 minutes ago, JasperDawg said:

My green and gold friend.  I also would like to see your Bears make it to round 3.  Taking the emotion out of it and telling it like it really is.  (You really don't hope to run into Carthage though the 3rd round).  Imo, nobody does though.

I rather beat Crandall and lose to a state champion lol

9 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Do you guys think this game will pull in other fans outside of these two teams?

Yes. Lumberton has a lot of kids they will be going to 5a next year. They have two freshman and 2 Jv teams. So I expect Lumberton side to be full. If y’all get there early enough Tia Junitas and Catfish Cabin are good restaurants. If you want to drink I’d go to Tia Junitas  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LCM said:

Yes. Lumberton has a lot of kids they will be going to 5a next year. They have two freshman and 2 Jv teams. So I expect Lumberton side to be full. If y’all get there early enough Tia Junitas and Catfish Cabin are good restaurants. If you want to drink I’d go to Tia Junitas  

You know they opened a Tias here in Jasper uh? Lol actually  where catfish cabin used to be.  I like their food!

12 minutes ago, LCM said:

Sounds good.  The fans will see a show for sure.  Not sure how many teams throw the ball down there, but Carthage has many weapons in the passing game.  Gonna see deep balls, intermediate timing routes, swing passes, Jett sweeps, screens, etc.  Lots of ways to get the ball in our playmakers hands in space.  Oh and we can run the ball pretty good too!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

At least they do not have to go far from a beatdown . Carthage could play anywhere and still win by 50. 

Well if you have to take a good  old butt whoopin might as well be at home.  They will be playing in Raider Stadium. 

The Dawgs showed that they are in playoff mode. The offense was dominate, the defense surprised Me by letting Athens run the ball like they did. 
I looked for the defense to shut down the Lumberton run game and show why the Dawg D is the best in 4A. 
I hope Ingram is OK and will be back, we need him the deeper we go. 
Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

Dawgs 49  Lumberton 7

God Bless Coaches, Players, and Fans. 

17 hours ago, LCM said:

Lumberton runs the wing T offense. They break huddle and try to snap the ball fast. They also line there backs up closer to the lineman than a traditional wing T. How many wing t teams has Carthage faced?  

Palestine runs a type of wing T they actually call it a Slot T. Offensively we had negative total yards starting the 4th Qtr. After Carthage put in 2nd string, we managed to put up approx 50 yds.          Lost 43-0

5 minutes ago, eddhut said:

Palestine runs a type of wing T they actually call it a Slot T. Offensively we had negative total yards starting the 4th Qtr. After Carthage put in 2nd string, we managed to put up approx 50 yds.          Lost 43-0

That’s probably what going to happen to Lumberton. Y’all face Huffman this week?

3 minutes ago, eddhut said:

We do, you know anything about them ???

Oh yeah there in our district. Discipline. Well coached. They have around 25 seniors. Spread offense. There running back is way over 1000 yards of rushing and is probably main source of offense imo. You stop the run game force them to throw. There Qb and receivers are average.  Palestine and Lumberton run a similar    offense I thought that Lumberton ran on them but they adjusted and loaded the box and blitzed a lot. Huffman beat them 35-18. Can y’all throw out of the slot?

11 minutes ago, LCM said:

Oh yeah there in our district. Discipline. Well coached. They have around 25 seniors. Spread offense. There running back is way over 1000 yards of rushing and is probably main source of offense imo. You stop the run game force them to throw. There Qb and receivers are average.  Palestine and Lumberton run a similar    offense I thought that Lumberton ran on them but they adjusted and loaded the box and blitzed a lot. Huffman beat them 35-18. Can y’all throw out of the slot?

Thanks, That’s some solid info! Yes we can throw, sounds like we’re going to need good balance of run and pass to win and advance !

12 minutes ago, eddhut said:

Thanks, That’s some solid info! Yes we can throw, sounds like we’re going to need good balance of run and pass to win and advance !

By no means they are Carthage power house. They are  beatable. I honestly thought we could have beat them. We had more speed but we lack discipline . Im about to be up in Palestine next month to ride the Polar Express I need to buy some land up there its pretty