Carthage @ Lumberton

PantherNation2015

Carthage @ Lumberton  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Carthage
    • Lumberton

14 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

After what happened in last years semi's,  i hear wing t and get nervous.  I know this team from lumberton probably isn't anywhere near what last year's LH squad was,  but still...

Having an injury on the defensive line during district now may be a positive.  Now have at least 5 guys who the coaching staff feel comfortable with and can have 5 down lineman if they want - S S said something to that regard Thursday. 

18 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Having an injury on the defensive line during district now may be a positive.  Now have at least 5 guys who the coaching staff feel comfortable with and can have 5 down lineman if they want - S S said something to that regard Thursday. 

This will be another good look for the Dawgs as they continue their match.  

21 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

The venue and date had already been agreed to correct?  Lufkin on Thurs.  I’m guessing Surratt had to give a little to move the date due to v-ball win.  That’s pure speculation on my part.  What would the other option have been?

Sounds like “quid pro quo” by Lumberton to me; I say Impeach them!😜

10 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

It would absolutely #### to drive 149 miles one way, sit in rain for 3 hours for this game, then drive 149 miles home with wet clothes on.  Please let it rain early or later!

9 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

It would absolutely #### to drive 149 miles one way, sit in rain for 3 hours for this game, then drive 149 miles home with wet clothes on.  Please let it rain early or later!

This will keep Many Carthage fans from going, but not Me & my group! GO DAWGS!!!!! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

After what happened in last years semi's,  i hear wing t and get nervous.  I know this team from lumberton probably isn't anywhere near what last year's LH squad was,  but still...

No worries, the Dawgs roll.

Lumberton not even on the same planet as LH

On 11/16/2019 at 8:56 PM, LCM said:

Yes. Lumberton has a lot of kids they will be going to 5a next year. They have two freshman and 2 Jv teams. So I expect Lumberton side to be full. If y’all get there early enough Tia Junitas and Catfish Cabin are good restaurants. If you want to drink I’d go to Tia Junitas  

It seems that Carthage plays lots of teams that are on the cusp of being 5A. Just why is that???  

• Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, NightStar11 said:

It seems that Carthage plays lots of teams that are on the cusp of being 5A. Just why is that???  

Well to be honest Lumberton is growing. Folks are moving out of Beaumont to Lumberton.  They were in 5a dropped down and are going back up. I highly doubt they will come back to 4a.   I see Vidor dropping down in a few year years and they would be more competitive than Lumberton 

8 hours ago, NightStar11 said:

We schedule 5a teams in non-district....it's a formula that has worked well,  even if occasionally one of those 5a teams puts a beatdown on us like a whitehouse team qb'd by a guy named mahommes did back in 2013.  We didn't lose another game that year,  if i recall correctly,  and won a state title.

2 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

We schedule 5a teams in non-district....it's a formula that has worked well,  even if occasionally one of those 5a teams puts a beatdown on us like a whitehouse team qb'd by a guy named mahommes did back in 2013.  We didn't lose another game that year,  if i recall correctly,  and won a state title.

My question was a sarcastic one. None of you got that. 

4 hours ago, LCM said:

Well to be honest Lumberton is growing. Folks are moving out of Beaumont to Lumberton.  They were in 5a dropped down and are going back up. I highly doubt they will come back to 4a.   I see Vidor dropping down in a few year years and they would be more competitive than Lumberton 

I don't believe Lumberton "dropped down" to 4A. Growth like that does not go in reverse. 

2 minutes ago, NightStar11 said:

I don't believe Lumberton "dropped down" to 4A. Growth like that does not go in reverse. 

Maybe they were hiding numbers. They got a 3200  acre tract of land they purposing to build more residential homes  and commercial. They just passed a school board to enlarge their school