Carthage @ Lumberton

PantherNation2015

Carthage @ Lumberton  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Carthage
    • Lumberton

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

They are not the same as they were when he was.

You said Carthage plays bigger and better to get better .....EB said the exception was playing PG( they are 4A division 2).......and I said and Gilmer(they are also Division 2).... Got it ?

15 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Sure. I got your drift...

The thing is...lots of people have fled the city of Longview and settled in the immediate vicinity of Gilmer but NOT in the city limits of Gilmer. Easily giving the Gilmer district enough to make it viable for Class 4A 1 

On 11/20/2019 at 8:04 PM, LCM said:

Maybe they were hiding numbers. They got a 3200  acre tract of land they purposing to build more residential homes  and commercial. They just passed a school board to enlarge their school

I believe you LCM that's why I said their growth is steadily increasing which begs the question...why did they report they were 4A ???

5 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

......... 🤐

So you attended the Argyle/Stephenville game last night.

SHS came into the game at 6-4 and pushed Argyle nearly to the limit. It was 56-49 with 4 minutes left and Argyle got an insurance TD to seal it. 
I know at the beginning of the game you commented that Argyle was huge by asking what they’re feeding those boys in Argyle.

What are your thoughts after seeing the escape.

48 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

The people who USE that “derogatory” term are themselves, “coonasses”....😜

Nahh it's been only non-Louisianians that I've heard use the term so far. I mean I'm a Texan see CarthDawg but Texans have done a lot of dumb things too. Maybe MORE than Louisiana. I'm just sayin that Texans should look to our own problems, which may take us decades to rectify. IF we're lucky. First mistake we made was not torturing and then hanging Santa Anna at San Jacinto. 

• Stinks 1

2 hours ago, NightStar11 said:

Nahh it's been only non-Louisianians that I've heard use the term so far. I mean I'm a Texan see CarthDawg but Texans have done a lot of dumb things too. Maybe MORE than Louisiana. I'm just sayin that Texans should look to our own problems, which may take us decades to rectify. IF we're lucky. First mistake we made was not torturing and then hanging Santa Anna at San Jacinto. 

You telling me you’ve Never heard Any Louisiana folks call themselves “coonasses”?!? Just how old are you?😳😜😂

3 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

So you attended the Argyle/Stephenville game last night.

SHS came into the game at 6-4 and pushed Argyle nearly to the limit. It was 56-49 with 4 minutes left and Argyle got an insurance TD to seal it. 
I know at the beginning of the game you commented that Argyle was huge by asking what they’re feeding those boys in Argyle.

What are your thoughts after seeing the escape.

I ended up leaving at halftime. When I left, I text a good friend of mine and said don't be surprised if Stephenville wins. Score should have been 35-28 at the half but The Ville threw a pick to stop the drive. Maybe it was an off night but Argyle did not look like a championship caliber team (that night).  I was told the O'line was young and if that's the case, they strike me as a "year away" team. They are big upfront but I can't compare them to Carthage because i've only seen them on tape. 

Offense (keep in mind i was only there for first half)

QB has a very quick release and stands his ground in the pocket. even with pressure. 

WR#5- Deceptively fast, runs good routes and has some moves

Ville helped them out A LOT on drives. There were like 4 or 5 pass interference calls that kept the ball moving. Corner was beat a couple of times but also made unnecessary contact in position.

Oline is big but young. Did not read the blitz well and QB(won't butcher his name) was hit or had someone near him 90% of the time in the first half, my compliments on the QB.If they can't protect that blind side better, Lavega will eat them up. I'd definitely give the trenches advantage to Carthage. They could not run up the middle at all but had success on RPO's and read options that they ran very well. I was told the O line is only losing one person. If that's the case, I can see them mauling over people next year.

Defense

Was as advertised. You saw the score.

All in all, maybe i just saw them have an off night. They were the better team ofcourse but let the ville stick around. Way too many dropped passes that could have busted the game wide open. I'm curious to see how they come out against Alvarado or Brownwood. Lavega is the pick i'm going with now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I ended up leaving at halftime. When I left, I text a good friend of mine and said don't be surprised if Stephenville wins. Score should have been 35-28 at the half but The Ville threw a pick to stop the drive. Maybe it was an off night but Argyle did not look like a championship caliber team (that night).  I was told the O'line was young and if that's the case, they strike me as a "year away" team. They are big upfront but I can't compare them to Carthage because i've only seen them on tape. 

Offense (keep in mind i was only there for first half)

QB has a very quick release and stands his ground in the pocket. even with pressure. 

WR#5- Deceptively fast, runs good routes and has some moves

Ville helped them out A LOT on drives. There were like 4 or 5 pass interference calls that kept the ball moving. Corner was beat a couple of times but also made unnecessary contact in position.

Oline is big but young. Did not read the blitz well and QB(won't butcher his name) was hit or had someone near him 90% of the time in the first half, my compliments on the QB.If they can't protect that blind side better, Lavega will eat them up. I'd definitely give the trenches advantage to Carthage. They could not run up the middle at all but had success on RPO's and read options that they ran very well. I was told the O line is only losing one person. If that's the case, I can see them mauling over people next year.

Defense

Was as advertised. You saw the score.

All in all, maybe i just saw them have an off night. They were the better team ofcourse but let the ville stick around. Way too many dropped passes that could have busted the game wide open. I'm curious to see how they come out against Alvarado or Brownwood. Lavega is the pick i'm going with now.

Bout what I thought.

4 hours ago, NightStar11 said:

He wasn't that bad, plus he brought chewing gum to the U.S.

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

This may have already been said on here, if so, sorry

This game will be free to watch live on KGAS...…………..They have done radio for years, but this will be their first game to include video...……..Hoping for a smooth first game for KGAS 

Bout time!!!!!!! can't wait.