Sabine verse Pottsboro @ Paris Friday 11-22 @ 7 PM

Bclove05

Who wins?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Sabine
    • Pottsboro

Guest Tiger03lb

They run spread. They run it a lot. Heard their rb was out but don't know if he'll be back. They can throw the ball well too. 

1 minute ago, Opie1 said:

I'm sure I will catch #### over this post but I'm going out on a limb again and saying Pottsborro is a little over ranked looking at the schedule they played. Maybe I'm not looking at it right but that is my opinion. Any thoughts?

You’re right but they did beat Gunter early in the year. So I’m confused on if Gunter is overrated or they just had an off night against Rains. Idk 

6 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

You’re right but they did beat Gunter early in the year. So I’m confused on if Gunter is overrated or they just had an off night against Rains. Idk 

Gunter to my understanding played bad. Also the rains game potts rb ran for 300+ yards, broke school records and also had 76 yards through the air. Rains also gave up I think 3 fumbles. 

12 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Gunter to my understanding played bad. Also the rains game potts rb ran for 300+ yards, broke school records and also had 76 yards through the air. Rains also gave up I think 3 fumbles. 

If was played in the rain. I watched the hudl highlights and it looked like Rains didn't know how to tackle that game. I saw somewhere else where their stud running back may be hurt and out for this game.

Guest Tiger03lb

Rains was keeping it a game until Rain's qb got knocked out of the game. Rains was up mid to late in the 2nd qtr. Their offense was a different team without him in there. Correct on the gunter game. This will be a good game. Does anyone know if Pottsboro rb will be back for this game?

41 minutes ago, Opie1 said:

I'm sure I will catch #### over this post but I'm going out on a limb again and saying Pottsborro is a little over ranked looking at the schedule they played. Maybe I'm not looking at it right but that is my opinion. Any thoughts?

Not trying to give you a hard time, just my thoughts in response to yours. Maybe the term "overrated or over ranked" isn't the correct term, especially now that teams are in the playoffs.  No team in the playoffs is overrated.  I'll use Gladewater for an example because I took exception to you calling them overrated early in the year. The Bears were expected to compete for the district title and make the playoffs. Last I looked that's exactly what they did, so no, the Bears aren't overrated, nor were they ever. In fact we are at the present time playing as well as any team out there. We were never picked to win Region 2 (Malakoff is), much less win state, so we are where we were picked.  Now we can compare schedules between Pottsboro and Sabine, but both teams are good enough to be #1 seeds. As a Co-Champ Sabine could easily have been the #1 seed in any other district. In my opinion neither Pottsboro or Sabine is overrated or over ranked. 

Rooting for Sabine. Go get 'em Cardinals!

1 hour ago, Golfingnut said:

Not trying to give you a hard time, just my thoughts in response to yours. Maybe the term "overrated or over ranked" isn't the correct term, especially now that teams are in the playoffs.  No team in the playoffs is overrated.  I'll use Gladewater for an example because I took exception to you calling them overrated early in the year. The Bears were expected to compete for the district title and make the playoffs. Last I looked that's exactly what they did, so no, the Bears aren't overrated, nor were they ever. In fact we are at the present time playing as well as any team out there. We were never picked to win Region 2 (Malakoff is), much less win state, so we are where we were picked.  Now we can compare schedules between Pottsboro and Sabine, but both teams are good enough to be #1 seeds. As a Co-Champ Sabine could easily have been the #1 seed in any other district. In my opinion neither Pottsboro or Sabine is overrated or over ranked. 

Rooting for Sabine. Go get 'em Cardinals!

I can get behind that. Maybe over ranked is not the right wording now. I just think we match up well against them on both sides of the ball. Our boys will play hard until the game is over for sure.

1 hour ago, Opie1 said:

I can get behind that. Maybe over ranked is not the right wording now. I just think we match up well against them on both sides of the ball. Our boys will play hard until the game is over for sure.

Glad to see a post where you are not bashing the coaches. Kudos to you for being positive! 

3 hours ago, Eagle1906 said:

For those going to this matchup there is a outstanding fish place in Paris. Called the Fish Fry. Not far from the stadium. 

I can vouch for that.  Ate there many times while growing up in Honey Grove.  Was my dad's favorite place to eat.

20 minutes ago, CoachCarright said:

Glad to see a post where you are not bashing the coaches. Kudos to you for being positive! 

I never meant to sound like I was bashing coaches, our coaches have done a great job and I have thought that all season. If my opinion went against what the coaches thought I'm not bashing them I'm just offering it up for discussion on a message board. Just because we have a difference of opinion doesn't mean I dislike somebody, I'm simply doing what a message board is for, open discussion. I've apologized for my opinions previously because they weren't meant as a knock on anybody they were just thoughts for discussion. I think we have a great group of coaches and kids and I will try to choose my words a little better and if I have a opinion that goes against the grain I won't bring it up. I do think the coaches coached a great game yesterday as they have all season and I think we will pull out a victory Friday. You coaches keep up the good work and I liked the way you called defensive plays yesterday, it looked like it worked perfect.

4 hours ago, BearFan13 said:

Pilot point is a good 3a-d1 school with only one loss this year. 35-0 to Gunter. Gunter radio broadcasters were saying this is the best pottsboro team they’ve seen in a while. Still should be a good game.