Elysian Fields vs Bells, Friday 7:30 @ Mineola

1jacket

Elysian Fields vs Bells   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Bells

• Panthers
    • Jackets

32 minutes ago, Fblife13 said:

If 5 for ef is ok then ef by 20 if not .could be a shootout,but still taking ef. 

#5 is going to be fine he has been nursing a ankle sprain all season, game was never in doubt last night so he just didn’t play anymore.  But that kid is on a mission this is his final season to wear the orange and white and he is trying to make it last as long as he can and not many 3A teams if any can stop him just need the DEF to show up and help out and let #5 do his thing.  And if you load the box to stop him then #8 is going to pick you apart just ask Hemphill.  

• Like 1

I was impressed with Ryan running the ball again. Best game he has played all season. That was the difference to me. And for the most part the defense did a good job inside. It wasn’t until Hemphill started to throw and run outside that the defense looked bad. I’ve never watched a highschool game that had that many personal fouls. I bet both teams had 6. Those can be killers. But if bells just run it’s up the middle then I’d say Ef can win it. 

1 hour ago, justafan said:

I was impressed with Ryan running the ball again. Best game he has played all season. That was the difference to me. And for the most part the defense did a good job inside. It wasn’t until Hemphill started to throw and run outside that the defense looked bad. I’ve never watched a highschool game that had that many personal fouls. I bet both teams had 6. Those can be killers. But if bells just run it’s up the middle then I’d say Ef can win it. 

EF had 567 total yards and he accounted for 392 of them.

EF’s defense the last 3 or 4 weeks has done enough to give the team a chance to win. They get enough stops during the game to flip the momentum. Even though Hemphill scored 50, EF’s defense turned them over on downs 2 or 3 times, forced a punt 2 or 3 times, and forced 2 or 3 turnovers. The defense has made a lot of improvements. I think it’s a combination of  the coach that took over the defense and the kids gelling. They don’t have to be and are not 83 Daingerfield’s defense, they just need to keep getting those 5 stops a game to give their offense a chance. 

• Like 1

Just watched some film on Bells, they won't be able to stop EF on offense the way their clicking, the key for Bells to win will come down to getting turnovers, if EF takes care of the ball then we win this one pretty easily and I don't say that about EF alot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

Just watched some film on Bells, they won't be able to stop EF on offense the way their clicking, the key for Bells to win will come down to getting turnovers, if EF takes care of the ball then we win this one pretty easily and I don't say that about EF alot. 

That’s good to read coming from you because you are a realist when it comes to EF. You support them but aren’t afraid to tel it like it is. So I’m glad to see you have that outlook. Makes me feel better about EF’s chances. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

That’s good to read coming from you because you are a realist when it comes to EF. You support them but aren’t afraid to tel it like it is. So I’m glad to see you have that outlook. Makes me feel better about EF’s chances. 

This team had region champion written all over them before the season started, just coached a lil soft, but they can still achieve that goal, this region will come down to Daingerfield, Elysian Fields, Newton or Paul Pewitt to take it. 

• Like 1

With EF's offense moving the ball like they have been, a defense is going to have to be able to stop a balanced attack.  If we can ever learn how to put a fundamentally sound tackle on somebody we will be just that much harder to beat. Put a hat on'em, grip and rip some cloth boys!  Majority of those pts. we gave up last night were due to missed tackles.  All and all though......GREAT JOB!  Did what you had to do to win!

EF advances if we continue to play like we have for the past month.

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

5 hours ago, LSUTIGERS said:

EF had 567 total yards and he accounted for 392 of them.

#5 is pretty damn good huh LSU? Do you agree that he's one of the best in 3A?  What are your thoughts now? I'm a Dfield Tiger, but it is what it is, and the kids worth mentioning with the best this year. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

#5 is pretty damn good huh LSU? Do you agree that he's one of the best in 3A?  What are your thoughts now? I'm a Dfield Tiger, but it is what it is, and the kids worth mentioning with the best this year. 

I completely agree with you about #5! But I think these numbers were from #8, the QB.  

29 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

EF has a good team overall. #8 is definitely solid as well. #3 &7 too right?

4, 7 are the other main 2 offensive contributors. 12 is boom or bust. When he catches it, it’s normally a bomb. 3 has began contributing some too. Last night 27 had some nice runs. I may have missed someone. 

16 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

4, 7 are the other main 2 offensive contributors. 12 is boom or bust. When he catches it, it’s normally a bomb. 3 has began contributing some too. Last night 27 had some nice runs. I may have missed someone. 

I think #27 is gonna take over the RB spot next yr, he looks promising