Elysian Fields vs Bells, Friday 7:30 @ Mineola

1jacket

Elysian Fields vs Bells   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Bells

• Panthers
    • Jackets

3 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

#5 is pretty damn good huh LSU? Do you agree that he's one of the best in 3A?  What are your thoughts now? I'm a Dfield Tiger, but it is what it is, and the kids worth mentioning with the best this year. 

Those were #8’s stats. 

As far as mowing how good #5 is I didn’t need to see a playoff game to show me how good he is, I’ve been watching him since he was a youngster. I believe #5 & # 8 are both special athletes. 

7 hours ago, BIGILL79 said:

With EF's offense moving the ball like they have been, a defense is going to have to be able to stop a balanced attack.  If we can ever learn how to put a fundamentally sound tackle on somebody we will be just that much harder to beat. Put a hat on'em, grip and rip some cloth boys!  Majority of those pts. we gave up last night were due to missed tackles.  All and all though......GREAT JOB!  Did what you had to do to win!

EF advances if we continue to play like we have for the past month.

They will only get better in doing that by doing what I said from day one, you got to have at least two days of physical tackling going on in practice each week to become a strong physical tackling team, we lack on body development from it and alot people that have never play the game will probably never understand what I mean by that, when you don't have that physical contact, your body won't develop the way it should to become a strong tackling football player, but we're too far into the season to ask Ford to change now lol. 

We probably don't even lift weights during the season like we should which is another important factor in body development 

11 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

They will only get better in doing that by doing what I said from day one, you got to have at least two days of physical tackling going on in practice each week to become a strong physical tackling team, we lack on body development from it and alot people that have never play the game will probably never understand what I mean by that, when you don't have that physical contact, your body won't develop the way it should to become a strong tackling football player, but we're too far into the season to ask Ford to change now lol. 

We probably don't even lift weights during the season like we should which is another important factor in body development 

I know what you're talking about there. Gotta have contact in practice to get the body and mind ready for contact on Friday night.  I know they do lift weights and I think they lift at an appropriate level.  Nothing to kill themselves just enough to keep the body use to bearing weight and maintain current strength / body mass levels.  I know my thoughts mean zero to the powers that be, however it has been my experience that when you start practice Monday with a team wide tackling drill you set the tone for Friday night right then.  Whip them kids into a frenzy where their intensity level hits 11 out of 10.  I played for coaches that conducted practices this way and were more successful vs. coaches that didn't.  

I loved seeing them hang 74 points up on the board last Saturday night. It was awesome! I realize that you could argue that we basically gave them their last TD, maybe their last two TD's.  We had several back ups in on D at that time.  Plus Hemphill's tandem RB's were talented and ran hard.  Usually took more than one defender to bring them to the ground.  I don't know if folks realize this or not but our LB unit is arguably one of the best around. #4 & #31 are the top two tacklers for our district. At the end of Week 11 according to Max Preps, they both were in the top 5 in the state for our division with #4 being at the top of that list with 135 tackles for the 10 game season.  Our DB's have performed well when challenged and our DL has stepped up and improved with the DC change.  Despite having 50 pts laid on us this past week to a team with a really good ground game, I feel like we are poised to start playing better D!

• Like 5
  • Stinks 1

3 hours ago, BIGILL79 said:

I know what you're talking about there. Gotta have contact in practice to get the body and mind ready for contact on Friday night.  I know they do lift weights and I think they lift at an appropriate level.  Nothing to kill themselves just enough to keep the body use to bearing weight and maintain current strength / body mass levels.  I know my thoughts mean zero to the powers that be, however it has been my experience that when you start practice Monday with a team wide tackling drill you set the tone for Friday night right then.  Whip them kids into a frenzy where their intensity level hits 11 out of 10.  I played for coaches that conducted practices this way and were more successful vs. coaches that didn't.  

I loved seeing them hang 74 points up on the board last Saturday night. It was awesome! I realize that you could argue that we basically gave them their last TD, maybe their last two TD's.  We had several back ups in on D at that time.  Plus Hemphill's tandem RB's were talented and ran hard.  Usually took more than one defender to bring them to the ground.  I don't know if folks realize this or not but our LB unit is arguably one of the best around. #4 & #31 are the top two tacklers for our district. At the end of Week 11 according to Max Preps, they both were in the top 5 in the state for our division with #4 being at the top of that list with 135 tackles for the 10 game season.  Our DB's have performed well when challenged and our DL has stepped up and improved with the DC change.  Despite having 50 pts laid on us this past week to a team with a really good ground game, I feel like we are poised to start playing better D!

The weightlifting during the season I don't mean by lifting heavy all the time, but your right, just lift enough to maintaining your strength and to get stronger, a friend of mine told me that #4 had never played LB before til he came to EF, I had no idea, but he has gotten better as the season as went and to be one of the leading tacklers in east tx says alot about his talent level, if I was Ford for next year, I would give him a shot at RB, he would be my Chris Smith, not saying he is Chris Smith, but he would all over the field like him if I was his coach. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

The weightlifting during the season I don't mean by lifting heavy all the time, but your right, just lift enough to maintaining your strength and to get stronger, a friend of mine told me that #4 had never played LB before til he came to EF, I had no idea, but he has gotten better as the season as went and to be one of the leading tackles in east tx says alot about his talent level, if I was Ford for next year, I would give him a shot at RB, he would be my Chris Smith, not saying he is Chris Smith, but he would all over the field like him if I was his coach. 

This was #4's rookie year for defense. Up until this year he was only playing Slot/TE/WR position. I can see that him playing LB has improved his skills on the offensive side of the ball.  He's gotten very comfortable with contact.  Coming to EF has been a great move for us and him.  We are surrounded with good people that care!  We are very hopeful for what the future holds.

• Like 2
  • Stinks 1

7 minutes ago, BIGILL79 said:

This was #4's rookie year for defense. Up until this year he was only playing Slot/TE/WR position. I can see that him playing LB has improved his skills on the offensive side of the ball.  He's gotten very comfortable with contact.  Coming to EF has been a great move for us and him.  We are surrounded with good people that care!  We are very hopeful for what the future holds.

He is definitely one the top athletes in the school and I think I speak for the whole community we lucky to have Him and yal in EF.  @TDJ89 you think he is good at football you should see him play baseball ! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

He is definitely one the top athletes in the school and I think I speak for the whole community we lucky to have Him and yal in EF.  @TDJ89 you think he is good at football you should see him play baseball ! 

He must be a pretty good baseball hand if he’s playing for the Bandito’s

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Thank you for the kind words! My wife was raised in EF but I wasn’t. I’ve never felt like an outsider though. I shake more hands and are greeted by more people now at the games than I ever was in Benton. We are proud to be a part of this community and want nothing but success for EF ISD!

• Like 3
  • Stinks 1

3 minutes ago, bigdav said:

He must be a pretty good baseball hand if he’s playing for the Bandito’s

2 minutes ago, BIGILL79 said:

Thank you for the kind words! My wife was raised in EF but I wasn’t. I’ve never felt like an outsider though. I shake more hands and are greeted by more people now at the games than I ever was in Benton. We are proud to be a part of this community and want nothing but success for EF ISD!

EF will always be a football school and we look to be having a special run here this year and possibly next But the next 3-5 years in baseball we should be one the best teams in 3A in the state.  JMO but remember I said it ! 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

EF will always be a football school and we look to be having a special run here this year and possibly next But the next 3-5 years in baseball we should be one the best teams in 3A in the state.  JMO but remember I said it ! 

I agree. We’ve got some kids coming thru the Middle School right now that are some good ball players, both football and baseball.  EF should be fine talent wise for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 3
  • Stinks 1

1 hour ago, jacket52 said:

I heard EF will have a pretty good baseball team this up coming season 

1 hour ago, BIGILL79 said:

Are you #4 dad? 

7 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

You think he would like to be a RB next yr? 

Now you know once #5 and #7 gone with the WR’s he is going to be bringing back and #8 being back we going to look like the team that got up 3 scores on newton and lost lol we going to throw the ball 40 times a game next year! I hope I am wrong and we stay balanced but I don’t see it.  And to be honest he might have the players to pull it off next year. 

26 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Now you know once #5 and #7 gone with the WR’s he is going to be bringing back and #8 being back we going to look like the team that got up 3 scores on newton and lost lol we going to throw the ball 40 times a game next year! I hope I am wrong and we stay balanced but I don’t see it.  And to be honest he might have the players to pull it off next year. 

I agree, he has alot coming back, but I hope he has them more developed and physical

12 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

RB / LB for the 8th grade team, his dad is a Waskom alumni but they bleed orange now he not going anywhere.  Only kid I can think of but that kid loves being at EF ! 

Oh yeah I heard about him, will he play varsity next yr?