Elysian Fields vs Bells, Friday 7:30 @ Mineola

1jacket

Elysian Fields vs Bells   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Bells

• Panthers
    • Jackets

1 hour ago, jacket52 said:

We can’t take them lightly I agree but they have only played like 4 teams all season with a winning record they beat up on a weak district.  I think they will play hard but they haven’t seen a Team like EF all season ! 

Man, I hope you are right! Their offensive line is pretty good.I am just a little more nervous about this week than last. 

2 hours ago, jacket52 said:

We can’t take them lightly I agree but they have only played like 4 teams all season with a winning record they beat up on a weak district.  I think they will play hard but they haven’t seen a Team like EF all season ! 

Don’t let the 4 teams with winning records blind you, they have to play who’s on their schedule. 

2 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

I have to give Bells some credit though, they are pretty good. This year's team is good and they have played better down the stretch. And they play nasty. They get after you to the whistle, they pancake you, peel back on you, blind side you, and a lot more. If EF kids can't match that until the whistle, you will see a lot of frustration. And that frustration is gonna lead to personal foul penalties. EF has to be ready to come at them physically and be able to be strong mentally this week too. This game is gonna be tough if you ask me. And no way EF should be favored by 14 or whatever it was. This is gonna be a completely different ball game than the one with Hemphill. I still think EF can pull it off, but they are gonna have to be focused and disciplined as much if not more than they have been all season. I think EF's defense once again gets enough stops to give them a chance to win. And I think Ford and the offense come up with a plan to win the game.

I'm not impressed by what I saw from Bells, their having a nice season over there, I know you didn't say it, but their not a better team than Hemphill and definitely don't have the back field Hemphill has either, as long as EF doesn't comment silly turnovers and penalties to slow them down, I see this game getting out of hand by the 3rd qrt.  

1 minute ago, TDJ89 said:

I'm not impressed by what I saw from Bells, their having a nice season over there, I know you didn't say it, but their not a better team than Hemphill and definitely don't have the back field Hemphill has either, as long as EF doesn't comment silly turnovers and penalties to slow them down, I see this game getting out of hand by the 3rd qrt.  

Like I said earlier to Jacket52, man I hope you are right! I think Hemphill definitely had the better backs, QB, and receivers. But Bells has a good offensive line and that does a lot for QB's and RB's that are not super talented. #10 & #20 aren't #2 & #3 from Hemphill, but those 2 kids run hard and tough. We are gonna have to hold our own against there line. They just all come off at once in a group. I think Pewitt's line is better, but these guys aren't too shabby.

9 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Like I said earlier to Jacket52, man I hope you are right! I think Hemphill definitely had the better backs, QB, and receivers. But Bells has a good offensive line and that does a lot for QB's and RB's that are not super talented. #10 & #20 aren't #2 & #3 from Hemphill, but those 2 kids run hard and tough. We are gonna have to hold our own against there line. They just all come off at once in a group. I think Pewitt's line is better, but these guys aren't too shabby.

You know I'm not afraid to give my honest opinion about EF, I like the change of attitude I see from these boys and it will carry them over this team they will beat. 

• Like 1

And I give there o line credit, but they hold every play. They don't call it so it makes them look good. That's why I said in my earlier post, EF can't get frustrated with the lack of calls on their o line. Watch #44. He is the worst! But they all hold and tackle defensive linemen from behind.They are good cause the refs don't call it. But it is almost criminal they allow them to get away with what they do! And I know holding can be called every play and blah, blah, blah, but when it stands out that much and affects the positive or negative outcome of the play, it SHOULD be called. 

7 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

And I give there o line credit, but they hold every play. They don't call it so it makes them look good. That's why I said in my earlier post, EF can't get frustrated with the lack of calls on their o line. Watch #44. He is the worst! But they all hold and tackle defensive linemen from behind.They are good cause the refs don't call it. But it is almost criminal they allow them to get away with what they do! And I know holding can be called every play and blah, blah, blah, but when it stands out that much and affects the positive or negative outcome of the play, it SHOULD be called. 

I hope Ford has paid attention to that on film and should address it

15 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

I hope so too. It is the worst team I have seen all year about that. 

I watched film on Bells, I wasn't paying attention to it, I was focus on their back field, I just don't see this team hanging in the game with EF long, they don't have any speed at all

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

More athletic but not well coached in my opinion. That team has a lot of talent but they are all over the place. Not very fundamental. 

You nailed it, I've grown use to it though, we should be playing in the 3rd round yearly.... but were consistently a 4th place team in district 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Did you think they got away with a lot? On film, it is very clear, but not sure if you can tell from the stands. 

O we were definitely yelling it from the stands but I'm not going to make excuses we loss, should've won but but o well life goes on.... good luck to them jackets 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, jacket52 said:

Yeah not real sure why they so confident, but like I told them on there our schedule prepared us for this game we seen teams all season with that offense and we only got better as year went on defending it.  They only played like 4 teams all season with a winning record and 2 of those was both 2A teams that beat them lol 

Have any of y’all seen their game film from the Winona game last week? Looked like Bells did just enough to win. Winona took a punt return and a kickoff to the house on them. Defense was just good enough to keep their RB’s in check. Bells backs are avg. size, no frills north and south backs although they do run some toss sweeps and a hand off that goes to their slot back that goes off tackle. They like to run a QB sneak a lot which Winona let them clack off 5 yards or more each time they ran it. Their backs do a good job protecting the football in traffic but have limited vision of the field when doing so. They have zero break away speed. Some of our DL and all of our LB’s and DB’s are more agile and faster.  They’ve got some butterballs on their OL but our speed up there should trump that.  I don’t want us to overlook them cause they’ve managed to make it to round 2 but I think our defense is not going to have much trouble with their one dimensional offense. If we force them into 3rd and long situations they’ll fold up like a lawn chair.

Our spread is definitely going to give them fits.  Winona’s QB isn’t #8 and Winona’s RB’s aren’t #5, #7, or even #27. Our offensive producers should have big nights if firing on all 8! Probably another 400+ total offense kind of night. I think our boys have gotten a taste and are ready for seconds! GO GET SOME JACKETS!

• Like 3
  • Stinks 1

47 minutes ago, TTFN said:

Just because you address it doesn’t mean the refs will call it. Kinda like EF’s illegal picks that never get called!😉

Don’t confuse an illegal pick with kids getting their feet crossed up trying to cover our receivers. I’d suggest your DB’s hitting that hardwood basketball court, helps with foot work. Which is in full swing in Waskom right now!

• Stinks 1

1 hour ago, BIGILL79 said:

Have any of y’all seen their game film from the Winona game last week? Looked like Bells did just enough to win. Winona took a punt return and a kickoff to the house on them. Defense was just good enough to keep their RB’s in check. Bells backs are avg. size, no frills north and south backs although they do run some toss sweeps and a hand off that goes to their slot back that goes off tackle. They like to run a QB sneak a lot which Winona let them clack off 5 yards or more each time they ran it. Their backs do a good job protecting the football in traffic but have limited vision of the field when doing so. They have zero break away speed. Some of our DL and all of our LB’s and DB’s are more agile and faster.  They’ve got some butterballs on their OL but our speed up there should trump that.  I don’t want us to overlook them cause they’ve managed to make it to round 2 but I don’t think our defense is going to have much trouble with their one dimensional offense. If we force them into 3rd and long situations they’ll fold up like a lawn chair.

Our spread is definitely going to give them fits.  Winona’s QB isn’t #8 and Winona’s RB’s aren’t #5, #7, or even #27. Our offensive producers should have big nights if firing on all 8! Probably another 400+ total offense kind of night. I think our boys have gotten a taste and are ready for seconds! GO GET SOME JACKETS!

I concur all the above. 

1 hour ago, BIGILL79 said:

Don’t confuse an illegal pick with kids getting their feet crossed up trying to cover our receivers. I’d suggest your DB’s hitting that hardwood basketball court, helps with foot work. Which is in full swing in Waskom right now!

Don’t confuse me with someone that just spouts off. 

EE3FC832-0BE2-4B61-8BF2-38F67AEE598C.jpeg6BB3A77E-D802-4707-BEB2-429C403115DA.jpegF5F5E51B-A2C8-42A9-9F35-26478254A731.jpegB457F7E1-12E0-4407-B2FF-D43DCF3BBC4A.jpeg

Just let me know if you wanna see more.