Elysian Fields vs Bells, Friday 7:30 @ Mineola

1jacket

Elysian Fields vs Bells   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Bells

• Panthers
    • Jackets

4 minutes ago, Purpleforever said:

The secret to slowing EF down, is pain, good old fashioned punishment through hard blocking and hard tackling. They can’t hold up, they’re not used to it. Make them pay for every catch and every yard. Ever seen a receiver that hears footsteps?

Our best WR right now is also our MLB I don’t think footsteps bother him that much he loves contact. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Purpleforever said:

The secret to slowing EF down, is pain, good old fashioned punishment through hard blocking and hard tackling. They can’t hold up, they’re not used to it. Make them pay for every catch and every yard. Ever seen a receiver that hears footsteps?

Idk about that, but that's the one thing I want Ford to do more of is being physical

45 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Daingerfield was up 21-0 on Gunter. Ended up losing the game 22-21. WHat does the best win for the District have to do with anything? Im asking, not trying to be a smart a. Just don't understand the point you are trying to make. 

Absolutely nothing really.  I just hear all this talk about how great this district is.  Which it historically is.  I guess I was just trying to say that they haven't beaten anybody yet this season and seem pretty up and down.  Sounds like even from half to half at times (Gunter game).  I know that we are way out talented.  But that doesn't always win football games.  I think we will give EF a game.  Looking foward to Friday.

1 hour ago, ObiOne said:

Absolutely nothing really.  I just hear all this talk about how great this district is.  Which it historically is.  I guess I was just trying to say that they haven't beaten anybody yet this season and seem pretty up and down.  Sounds like even from half to half at times (Gunter game).  I know that we are way out talented.  But that doesn't always win football games.  I think we will give EF a game.  Looking foward to Friday.

Ok, I see.

From my point of view, Bells is pretty dang good. Yalls o line is very physical and nasty. They try to get as many to the ground as they can. And they do a good job of it. Now, I think they hold more than any offensive line I have seen but they get away with it cause I haven’t seen any holding calls on them. So that helps them a lot. But they are still good. The RB’s, 10 & 20 fall forward every time. They are tough. I think EF is gonna have to play an almost perfect game to beat Bells. I don’t see the 28, 21, 14 point advantage for EF. I don’t think Bells can stop EF’s offense. So this may be a higher scoring game again. 

4 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Ok, I see.

From my point of view, Bells is pretty dang good. Yalls o line is very physical and nasty. They try to get as many to the ground as they can. And they do a good job of it. Now, I think they hold more than any offensive line I have seen but they get away with it cause I haven’t seen any holding calls on them. So that helps them a lot. But they are still good. The RB’s, 10 & 20 fall forward every time. They are tough. I think EF is gonna have to play an almost perfect game to beat Bells. I don’t see the 28, 21, 14 point advantage for EF. I don’t think Bells can stop EF’s offense. So this may be a higher scoring game again. 

I just don't see it DBJ

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

I just don't see it DBJ

I hope you are right! I go back and forth after reading yours and Jacket52’s posts. Y’all have a lot of confidence in EF and that kind of eases my nerves a little but man! And you are right more times than not in EF and A lot of other teams. You have called a lot of games right! So, you got to be right this time! 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

I hope you are right! I go back and forth after reading yours and Jacket52’s posts. Y’all have a lot of confidence in EF and that kind of eases my nerves a little but man! And you are right more times than not in EF and A lot of other teams. You have called a lot of games right! So, you got to be right this time! 😂

You should be nervous, those are a bunch of tough farm boys y’all are about to play.

29 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

You should be nervous, those are a bunch of tough farm boys y’all are about to play.

Farm boys!? Really!? Those are few and far between these days! I'd be surprised if 20% of those kids have ever put in one hard day in their entire lives!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BIGILL79 said:

Farm boys!? Really!? Those are few and far between these days! I'd be surprised if 20% of those kids have ever put in one hard day in their entire lives!

You'd be surprised then. I don't know the percentage but a lot of our boys are hard workers on and off the farm. Our Ag program is one of the top in the state. 

47 minutes ago, BIGILL79 said:

Smh, don't sing it bring it, purple rain!  If I were you, I'd be worried about my own house! I don't see Newton teaching anyone any lessons!

One point good as 100. I wish I could play, but I’m an old man, now it’s up to the players on the field, be glad you weren’t in our way the last two years. We still got time to straighten up, but that’s not up to me.

2 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

You'd be surprised then. I don't know the percentage but a lot of our boys are hard workers on and off the farm

No, I would be shocked! 1% of the US population are farmers.  Unless Bells is the exception to the rule, which judging by the aerial images of Bells, it is not! It's a bedroom town to Sherman, Denison, and North Dallas! I see some farmland on the out skirts but what small town doesn't have that!  Some of your kids might pick up odd jobs on the weekends or summer on the farm but that don't make them a salt of the earth up every morning before the sun field plow'n hay chunk'n by GOD farmer! I was in Ag...never would claim to be a farmer. Gonna need to use the "force" a little more than that to get over on this ole boy!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

7BC8A93F-4218-4608-9E70-157B90FBD479.png

LOL, D@#! RIGHT! That '54 Chevy panel truck I had, which was already a classic twice over at the time, only dreamed of having cup holders....and power steering.....and a fuel gauge that worked....and a speed-o that worked...you get the point

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Purpleforever said:

One point good as 100. I wish I could play, but I’m an old man, now it’s up to the players on the field, be glad you weren’t in our way the last two years. We still got time to straighten up, but that’s not up to me.

Barking at the wrong dog. I could care less who y'all are, what you've won, who you've beat, or what you did two years ago.  There isn't any reason to be scared of you or anybody else for that matter!  Win or loose, we will be just fine either way.  You either win or learn, such as life

32 minutes ago, BIGILL79 said:

No, I would be shocked! 1% of the US population are farmers.  Unless Bells is the exception to the rule, which judging by the aerial images of Bells, it is not! It's a bedroom town to Sherman, Denison, and North Dallas! I see some farmland on the out skirts but what small town doesn't have that!  Some of your kids might pick up odd jobs on the weekends or summer on the farm but that don't make them a salt of the earth up every morning before the sun field plow'n hay chunk'n by GOD farmer! I was in Ag...never would claim to be a farmer. Gonna need to use the "force" a little more than that to get over on this ole boy!

You are right. They ain't all out punchin cattle after practice. A few are. But as a group they aren't your average, soft, video game playing teenagers. EF will need to play a good game to beat us. But if offense is clicking like Hemphill game y'all will be tough to beat. Not sure y'all can duplicate that in the cold, damp, windy conditions we will have Friday 

4 hours ago, BIGILL79 said:

Barking at the wrong dog. I could care less who y'all are, what you've won, who you've beat, or what you did two years ago.  There isn't any reason to be scared of you or anybody else for that matter!  Win or loose, we will be just fine either way.  You either win or learn, such as life