Elysian Fields vs Bells, Friday 7:30 @ Mineola

1jacket

Elysian Fields vs Bells   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Bells

• Panthers
    • Jackets

Not the way he played all year. We either threw it to him or ran him. # 4 was a surprise to ford on the offensive side until his mom and dad told ford. We had no other RB and they bottled up Ryan. Bells would have beaten Queen City and ore city in the dist. 

13 minutes ago, Purpleforever said:

Did y’all run into physical?

No, EF got after it on defense, I give Bells all the credit, minus some costly EF turnovers, Bells made the plays when they needed it the most on 3rd downs when EF needed a stop and didn't get it 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, justafan said:

Not the way he played all year. We either threw it to him or ran him. # 4 was a surprise to ford on the offensive side until his mom and dad told ford. We had no other RB and they bottled up Ryan. Bells would have beaten Queen City and ore city in the dist. 

Still no respect. I like it!

8 hours ago, ObiOne said:

I tend to agree with your assessment. With the offensive firepower EF has, y'all have to be able to move the ball better. We are pretty tough hard nosed D. But no way should we be able to hold y'all to 1 TD. I'd agree on an offensive coaching issue. Not to take away form Bells D.  But I saw it the way you did. EF O seemed frustrated and really no sense of direction or identity. Throw it a time or two. Run it a time or two. Never got in a groove. 

The coach didn’t have a plan without #5. The ones saying they didn’t think he was hurt and he played the whole game, y’all are just spouting off cause you don’t know #### about EF and haven’t seen 5 play. He was definitely not 100%. But that’s no excuse. EF has plenty of opportunities to win. The play caller wasn’t prepared to call a game without 5 and he didn’t know what to do. It was quite obvious in the play calling. Turnovers and play calling was the difference. And I don’t mean any disrespect to Bells but the defense held up their end of the bargain. Ask any EF or Bells fan before the game if Bells scores a total of 14 points in the game, who wins? Both sides would have said EF without a doubt. But like I said, congratulations to Bells on the win. They earned it on the field. 

• Like 1

Just now, DeBerryJacket said:

The coach didn’t have a plan without #5. The ones saying they didn’t think he was hurt and he played the whole game, y’all are just spouting off cause you don’t know #### about EF and haven’t seen 5 play. He was definitely not 100%. But that’s no excuse. EF has plenty of opportunities to win. The play caller wasn’t prepared to call a game without 5 and he didn’t know what to do. It was quite obvious in the play calling. Turnovers and play calling was the difference. And I don’t mean any disrespect to Bells but the defense held up their end of the bargain. Ask any EF or Bells fan before the game if Bells scores a total of 14 points in the game, who wins? Both sides would have said EF without a doubt. But like I said, congratulations to Bells on the win. They earned it on the field. 

And that is not an excuse to why EF lost. EF could have won that game with #5 at 50%. EF’s still had athletes on the field to win the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TDJ89 said:

No, EF got after it on defense, I give Bells all the credit, minus some costly EF turnovers, Bells made the plays when they needed it the most on 3rd downs when EF needed a stop and didn't get it 

Defense was on the field too long because they couldn’t sustain drives on offense. Bells just wore them down. To hold them to 14, that was good enough for a win. Look at there past scores. They have been scoring in the 30’s. EF held them to half of that. 

1 hour ago, justafan said:

This is BS! Ford took him to a camp before the season as a WR. He knew he played WR. He told him when he came in he played WR. He practiced WR all year. No one had to tell him anything. 

11 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

How do you know? You weren’t even at the game. Or were you? You are just trolling trying to stir the pot. I hope you shart on yourself in line at Walmart! 😂

Well you went from scoring 75, to scoring 6 and lost one player. If losing one player did that, hmmm. Not trolling, y’all aren’t physical.

9 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

I’m not even gonna bite on that as bad as I want to! And it has nothing to do with wins and losses. A lot more variables to it. Still not biting! 

⬇️ You’re starting to nibble. 😂

23 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

This is BS! Ford took him to a camp before the season as a WR. He knew he played WR. He told him when he came in he played WR. He practiced WR all year. No one had to tell him anything. 

• LOL! 1

58 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Defense was on the field too long because they couldn’t sustain drives on offense. Bells just wore them down. To hold them to 14, that was good enough for a win. Look at there past scores. They have been scoring in the 30’s. EF held them to half of that. 

I'll be surprised if Bells scores 14 pts on PP next week

12 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Y’all got me! Y’all are right, offense hasn’t been physical in years. I was referring more to the defense. The defense has been physical the last few weeks. 

If Ford can put in a real good camp for next yr, I like our chances, EF will be loaded with talent again

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, justafan said:

Who is the RB? 

Idk, but if I was coaching EF, I would look at #27 & #4 first, IMO the key for EF next yr will be to get these boys in prime physical condition on both sides of the ball, I wanna see a more physical style run game also with different offensive looks and schemes, we definitely have the athletes. 

6 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

Idk, but if I was coaching EF, I would look at #27 & #4 first, IMO the key for EF next yr will be to get these boys in prime physical condition on both sides of the ball, I wanna see a more physical style run game also with different offensive looks and schemes, we definitely have the athletes. 

Yep. Getting physical will be the key.

On 11/19/2019 at 8:45 PM, TDJ89 said:

The more film I watch on Bells looking at the way they defended the spread against Winona is a joke, I'm surprised Winona didn't go up and down the field on Bells, they should've scored way more than they did, I'm guessing Bells didn't face any spread teams during the season, EF is gonna have a field day against Bells defensive alignment 

On 11/19/2019 at 8:55 PM, jacket52 said:

It looked like a 3-3-5 prevent defense lol 

Them non-farm boys run a pretty decent prevent defense lol