PLEASANT GROVE HAWKS VS SALADO EAGLES @ THE STAR IN FRISCO 4:30 SATURDAY

dhoop02

8 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Salado runs the slot-T so I imagine they are gonna try to play some keep away and limit PG's touches...I can see it being a 14-0 game at the half with PG pulling away for a 35-7 type win

The only "team" that can beat PG better have a great O line and must be able to throw the ball with some efficiency.   THEN on the defensive side of the ball must play great technique and be very disciplined.  That team does not exist in D2, LOL

Carthage is a great example of that and we saw the outcome when they played.

5 minutes ago, nsumusician said:

Thinking of coming to this game with my two young sons (6 and 7). Never been to The Star before. What should I expect?

Come early enough to let them play outside on the turf field. Bring a camera for lots of Christmas photos outside. TheStar does Christmas big. Bring plenty of money for concessions or eat early. It’s expensive. Parking can be interesting so look at a map ahead of time

31 minutes ago, nsumusician said:

Thinking of coming to this game with my two young sons (6 and 7). Never been to The Star before. What should I expect?

Raising Canes is between some of the parking lots and the stadium - if you and the young ones like chicken, save you some cash from the concession stands. 
Bottom part of the 2nd deck is great seats - especially row 1. 

I've watched quite a bit film of Salado.  Their offense looks strong with the Slot T but I also think it relies on not allowing the defense to penetrate.  

I believe that PG's DL will get plenty of penetration and disrupt the running game of Salado.  Also - I have yet to see Salado hurt anyone through the air.  

Finally - while their defense flies around a bit, I don't think that they have the athletic ability to stop the PG running game and passing game.  

PG wins 49-14