The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dhoop02

PLEASANT GROVE HAWKS VS SALADO EAGLES @ THE STAR IN FRISCO 4:30 SATURDAY

Both teams coming off big win so should be good game PG rolling don't know much about Salado team make least mistakes will come out on top you PG run game is good plus Harmon throwing it makes PG tough team defend basically pick your own poison 

Hawks roll

See Salado keeping it closer than that, but pg wins anyways.,just too much to defend all day. 

Salado runs the slot-T so I imagine they are gonna try to play some keep away and limit PG's touches...I can see it being a 14-0 game at the half with PG pulling away for a 35-7 type win

8 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Salado runs the slot-T so I imagine they are gonna try to play some keep away and limit PG's touches...I can see it being a 14-0 game at the half with PG pulling away for a 35-7 type win

The only "team" that can beat PG better have a great O line and must be able to throw the ball with some efficiency.   THEN on the defensive side of the ball must play great technique and be very disciplined.  That team does not exist in D2, LOL

Carthage is a great example of that and we saw the outcome when they played.

what team has PG played this year that played ball control agnest them teams like  jasper  dose

4 hours ago, powerlifter said:

what team has PG played this year that played ball control agnest them teams like  jasper  dose

Your problem is that PG plays ball control and usually scores.

5 minutes ago, nsumusician said:

Thinking of coming to this game with my two young sons (6 and 7). Never been to The Star before. What should I expect?

Come early enough to let them play outside on the turf field. Bring a camera for lots of Christmas photos outside. TheStar does Christmas big. Bring plenty of money for concessions or eat early. It’s expensive. Parking can be interesting so look at a map ahead of time

31 minutes ago, nsumusician said:

Thinking of coming to this game with my two young sons (6 and 7). Never been to The Star before. What should I expect?

Raising Canes is between some of the parking lots and the stadium - if you and the young ones like chicken, save you some cash from the concession stands. 
Bottom part of the 2nd deck is great seats - especially row 1. 

Y’all see those new helmets PG got? Man it must be nice, those are sick!!!! You can’t tell me that those aren’t a little intimidating lol

10 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Y’all see those new helmets PG got? Man it must be nice, those are sick!!!! You can’t tell me that those aren’t a little intimidating lol

same helmet.  new decals

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 4.33.14 PM.jpg

Playing at the star is like a home game for PG. PG rolls in this round.

• Like 1

I've watched quite a bit film of Salado.  Their offense looks strong with the Slot T but I also think it relies on not allowing the defense to penetrate.  

I believe that PG's DL will get plenty of penetration and disrupt the running game of Salado.  Also - I have yet to see Salado hurt anyone through the air.  

Finally - while their defense flies around a bit, I don't think that they have the athletic ability to stop the PG running game and passing game.  

PG wins 49-14