Argyle(11-0) vs Stephenville(6-4) Thurs. 7:30 @ Mansfield-Round 2

regaleagle

6 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I was going to sit on Argyle's side but my fiance bought tickets to see Frozen 2

In other words.......she ain't going to the game, Huh?  How many tickets did she buy and where is she going to see this flick?  You will be conveniently out of town.....LOL.  

Just now, regaleagle said:

In other words.......she ain't going to the game, Huh?  How many tickets did she buy and where is she going to see this flick?  You will be conveniently out of town.....LOL.  

OR.......you've had a change in plans and will accompany your sweetheart to see Frozen 2.......which way is it???

Haven't heard yet which team will be home team and which side will be the Argyle side.  Argyle has played in this stadium before in the playoffs......can't remember the last time and whether we won or not.  Chances are we won.......cuz Argyle has made it to the 3rd Round 8 seasons straight, I believe.  I don't think the Regional Final was played in this stadium in any year for 4A.   But it could have been a Round 3 game that Argyle lost.

Before last week's game, Coach Rodgers stated that he was fairly pleased with the overall situation with this season's team going into the playoffs.  There have been some injuries.......some season-ending, but most just week-to-week nagging types........but was happy with the overall injury situation and the depth off the bench.

1 minute ago, Eaglesone said:

Argyle will be home team and lost to Ville there in 2017 playoffs.

Hmmm.......I hope that's not a jinx this time around.  The Ville should be comfortable in this circumstance, though.  But only a few of this year's team were on varsity back then, so it really shouldn't be any kind of mental thing for Argyle.  

5 hours ago, regaleagle said:

LOL. She bought them 2 weeks ago. I'm not happy about it

7 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

It’s slim pickings in DFW this week for Thursday games. Any chance this an actual contest?

There will be competitive good teams playing each other every week in this 4A-D1 Region 2 classification......this region is loaded with quality teams.  From here on out, any team still playing in this region has the capability to win against any other team......regardless of rankings.  And now we learn that the weather may play a role in at least some of this week's games.......so you just never know what might happen.

The MaxPreps schedule for both teams is showing this game will be broadcast live on NFHS Network on Thurs. night @7 pm.  Not sure if this is an error or the real deal.  Haven't heard anything from anybody else stating this game will be available to watch. The Weekend Pass for this week's Live Broadcast games is about 10 bucks......or only about $6 to watch this game alone.    Can't drive to the stadium for that price.  

I think this game with Stephenville this week is a very important game for the Eagles to play very well.  Sure......all the games from here on out are very important because if you lose your season is finished.......but that's not what I mean.  Even if Argyle does win this game.......I think it's very important for the players to play very crisply with few mistakes and to perform at a very high level as the coaching staff has laid out for them to execute their gameplan.  If the game becomes a struggle for Argyle to execute their gameplan on offense AND on defense.......even if they win.......then I believe it does not bode well for them going forward into the next game the following week.  At this time of the season,  the object is to not only win the game.......but to execute the gameplan on both sides of the ball so that your team is gaining confidence as a team in all areas.  Now is the time for TEAM and CHEMISTRY among the players and coaching staff to all be on the same page......performing at the highest level of their capabilities that they have worked toward all season.  If that does not happen this week for Argyle.......even if they win.......it will be tough sledding for the team moving forward the next week to recapture the confidence level they will need to play to their fullest potential.  

On 11/17/2019 at 1:57 PM, regaleagle said:

Stephenville QB Kade Renfro(6-4/195/Sr.) is a good one, no doubt about it.  He also has excellent mobility and is very accurate.  I noticed from the Maxpreps game recap clips that his motion is very effortless and smooth also.

So he shant be moving to Mt Vernon next year to be in  a documentary.

13 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Yeah, he goes on an OV there on 12/6. His final OV is 12/13 to UNT. I'm not saying this to be a homer, but I wouldn't go to FSU until they have a new coach hired. Lil'Briles might be unemployed soon.

I agree, just stating the caliper of QB that he is.    There will be two very good QB's on the field during this game.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, coachkells said:

I agree, just stating the caliper of QB that he is.    There will be two very good QB's on the field during this game.  

I was very impressed with Renfro just from the filmclips without knowing his rating.  He will get his completions tonight, for sure.  He will also throw on the run and keep it and run on rollouts.  He looks very comfortable back there......knowing he can escape the rush and throw it or keep it.  They have a good  avg. passing it at 220/game and that's with 195/game rushing the football.   Most of that avg. was against playoff teams.