Title 1 vs non title 1 coaching

ctown81

I was on another site and read a comment from one of the Lumberton posters stating that the Wheatley coaches should be ashamed to take a paycheck for the product they put on he field and then downed the fans. Coaching at an hisd or disd school is a totally different battle and I would even venture to say that hey deserve a lot more money for what they go through. Would love to hear others thoughts. 

1 hour ago, blesseddaily said:

I totally agree! They couldn't pay me enough to do what they do but I am glad those guys do it...those kids need a positive male role model desperately!! My hats off to anybody that does it!

Couldn't agree more. Most people from smaller towns and rural areas couldn't begin to understand what those guys are dealing with. Hats off to you gentlemen.

1 hour ago, ChiefRedCloud said:

Title 1 East Texas does not equal Title 1 in HISD, DISD, or other major cities.

I believe every title 1 school has their own differences based on their location.  Naturally in bigger cities there is way less influx of the "few with money" because they all go to private schools.  In the country like East Texas there may not be a better option so you continue to send your kids to where they are zoned and deal with it.

5 hours ago, YoungBuckCoach said:

I believe every title 1 school has their own differences based on their location.  Naturally in bigger cities there is way less influx of the "few with money" because they all go to private schools.  In the country like East Texas there may not be a better option so you continue to send your kids to where they are zoned and deal with it.

Not the same. Never coached at the inner city schools, but have worked with a few that have and the issues and things they see and deal with you won't see in a small rural school. Night and day difference with what you have to deal with.