4A D1 Area Round: Waco La Vega (11-1) vs Celina (7-4), 7:30 p.m. Friday @ FW Chisholm Trail

fromabuick8

La Vega vs Celina  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• La Vega
    • Celina

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2019 at 01:30 AM

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

Don't be ridiculous........NOBODY in the entire 4A Classification thinks that way.  La Vega is highly ranked for a reason.......and their numbers are just excellent. Everybody knows that the game against Argyle was an early season game that was close.  And everybody expects to see a rematch again in this region again this season between the two teams......just like I do.   I just hope the game can be played in dry conditions if the teams do have a rematch. That way......one team does not have an adverse advantage over the other due to style of play connected with the weather.  Last year's game was totally the very worst conditions you could expect for a Texas high school playoff game......even worse than snow.  

La Vega has to get by Celina this week first.  

14 minutes ago, ThatOneDude42 said:

Sooo I’m going with the “underdog” in this one. Something tells me that Celina pulls this game out, but they probably lose the next one against China Spring or Melissa. Who knows? This is why we play the games!

If Celina pulls off this upset, man, look out! I know the Bobcats definitely won’t be afraid of a rematch with Melissa. Don’t see China Spring matching up with the Cardinals super well. Although, I was shocked to see how badly the Cougars throttled Kennedale last week.

15 hours ago, ThatOneDude42 said:

Sooo I’m going with the “underdog” in this one. Something tells me that Celina pulls this game out, but they probably lose the next one against China Spring or Melissa. Who knows? This is why we play the games!

I know Celina has a good team, but I don't see them being able to hang with La Vega in this one.  To many offensive weapons for the pirates.  If they stack the box LV will throw the rock and they sit back and play coverage the pirates will tote it.  Also Celina will find it difficult to move the ball against the LV defense especially if you are a one dimensional team.  LV will be the fastest and most physical team Celina will see this year and most likely the last.  

• LOL! 1

13 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Don't be ridiculous........NOBODY in the entire 4A Classification thinks that way.  La Vega is highly ranked for a reason.......and their numbers are just excellent. Everybody knows that the game against Argyle was an early season game that was close.  And everybody expects to see a rematch again in this region again this season between the two teams......just like I do.   I just hope the game can be played in dry conditions if the teams do have a rematch. That way......one team does not have an adverse advantage over the other due to style of play connected with the weather.  Last year's game was totally the very worst conditions you could expect for a Texas high school playoff game......even worse than snow.  

Lot of folks are thinking that. I am not. This is first year where legitimately all three can easily win the championship. Personally I think its the Eagles but carthage is sporting statically one of their best teams ever. 

3 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

Lot of folks are thinking that. I am not. This is first year where legitimately all three can easily win the championship. Personally I think its the Eagles but carthage is sporting statically one of their best teams ever. 

That doesn’t mean anything. 

I think ‘17 Carthage was better than this year’s team across the board.

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Of course, is La Vega as good this year as they were in 2017?

Doesn’t mean Argyle can beat this year’s Bulldogs either I just think that early season y’all about this being the best Dawgs team ever is ridiculous.

As good as 2017?  Maybe, but its a very different team.

3 hours ago, Bonecrushr said:

Anybody sleeping on LV will regret it.

I can't imagine anyone in this world sleeping on LV and I have watched their last two losses.  You are talking about a team that you hold your breath on every offensive play if you are watching from the stands.

59 minutes ago, Eaglesone said:

I can't imagine anyone in this world sleeping on LV and I have watched their last two losses.  You are talking about a team that you hold your breath on every offensive play if you are watching from the stands.

No one is sleeping on the Pirates. No one.

• Like 1

There are 8 teams left in the brackets for Region 2 D-1.......and every single team left has the capability of winning this week and winning the region.  If you win this week, then only 3 more teams are left in the region.  If you win this week and next week.......you will be in the regional final.

On 11/18/2019 at 4:54 PM, d0tc0m said:

If Celina pulls off this upset, man, look out! I know the Bobcats definitely won’t be afraid of a rematch with Melissa. Don’t see China Spring matching up with the Cardinals super well. Although, I was shocked to see how badly the Cougars throttled Kennedale last week.

Edited by CrankyOldMan

9 hours ago, Footballalltheway said:

Melissa’s defense is terrible and they for the most part shut down Celina.  Don't think Celina makes it to a rematch.  That being said with it being rainy on Thursday night it’s probable Melissa gets beat.  I think LV ends both team’s seasons though.

Don't have to wait too much longer to find out.

13 hours ago, Footballalltheway said:

Melissa’s defense is terrible and they for the most part shut down Celina.  Don't think Celina makes it to a rematch.  That being said with it being rainy on Thursday night it’s probable Melissa gets beat.  I think LV ends both team’s seasons though.

Saying a defense that held 7 out of 11 opponents to 17 points or less is terrible is a bit of a stretch IMO. I do not think the rain would hamper Melissa much tonight as they are averaging just under 400 yards rushing a game, and would be shocked if CS wins....I do agree LV ends both teams seasons and don't think either game will be very close.

I've got LV over Celina 34-13