4A D1 Area Round: Waco La Vega (11-1) vs Celina (7-4), 7:30 p.m. Friday @ FW Chisholm Trail

fromabuick8

La Vega vs Celina  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• La Vega
    • Celina

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2019 at 01:30 AM

1 hour ago, Texski said:

Saying a defense that held 7 out of 11 opponents to 17 points or less is terrible is a bit of a stretch IMO. I do not think the rain would hamper Melissa much tonight as they are averaging just under 400 yards rushing a game, and would be shocked if CS wins....I do agree LV ends both teams seasons and don't think either game will be very close.

I've got LV over Celina 34-13

Melissa's defense was not as bad as I expected it to be, going into that Celina game. I thought they had some good playmakers, including JaBray Young, and especially that young little safety (Youngblood?). Apart from Lewis, I thought that young man was the biggest difference maker in the game, honestly. I can see how the Cardinals would struggle against a potent, multi-headed attack. But anyone thinking their defense is hapless is speaking a little out of turn, as far as I can tell.

On 11/21/2019 at 10:59 AM, Texski said:

Saying a defense that held 7 out of 11 opponents to 17 points or less is terrible is a bit of a stretch IMO. I do not think the rain would hamper Melissa much tonight as they are averaging just under 400 yards rushing a game, and would be shocked if CS wins....I do agree LV ends both teams seasons and don't think either game will be very close.

I've got LV over Celina 34-13

Edited by CrankyOldMan