Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Stoney

2020 Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot

Recommended Posts

Derek Jeter, Manny Ramirez, Larry Walker, and I think Clemens and Bonds make it   sometime in the next three years.  I know their careers are tainted, but I don't think the writers will leave them out.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

Derek Jeter, Manny Ramirez, Larry Walker, and I think Clemens and Bonds make it   sometime in the next three years.  I know their careers are tainted, but I don't think the writers will leave them out.  

I’m coming around to putting Bonds, Clemens and the rest of the Roid Era guys in, especially since Bud Selig is in. I can’t wait to see Jeter’s numbers. There’s never been a 100% vote. I wonder how many ballots he gets left off of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I’m coming around to putting Bonds, Clemens and the rest of the Roid Era guys in, especially since Bud Selig is in. I can’t wait to see Jeter’s numbers. There’s never been a 100% vote. I wonder how many ballots he gets left off of. 

I beg to differ kind sir :  

You must be reading fake news :  https://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2019/1/22/18158101/mariano-rivera-hall-of-fame-vote-record-yankees

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still don't see how Babe Ruth wasn't the first Lou Gehrig or Ted Williams for that matter.  I know there was a lot of media bias against them back in the day though.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ricky Henderson was a known roid user,  and hes in. Bonds,  clemens, ramirez,  etc,  cant keep out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jets said:

Ricky Henderson was a known roid user,  and hes in. Bonds,  clemens, ramirez,  etc,  cant keep out

By who ? Even Jose Canseco didn't name him, and they were on the same team together when he was injecting other players.  Dave Stewart says he didn't.  I'd like to see your proof or hearsay, because I've never heard that Ricky used the juice until now.  https://www.sfgate.com/sports/shea/article/Canseco-swings-away-in-Juiced-Steroid-2732598.php

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

By who ? Even Jose Canseco didn't name him, and they were on the same team together when he was injecting other players.  Dave Stewart says he didn't.  I'd like to see your proof or hearsay, because I've never heard that Ricky used the juice until now.  https://www.sfgate.com/sports/shea/article/Canseco-swings-away-in-Juiced-Steroid-2732598.php

Canseco said theres a player in hof who used roids,  who you think hes referring to? Also during the roid era 90% of players were using

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jets said:

Canseco said theres a player in hof who used roids,  who you think hes referring to? Also during the roid era 90% of players were using

Bud Selig, Mike Piazza and Eppa Rixey?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Bud Selig, Mike Piazza and Eppa Rixey?

Bagwell,  pudge also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that Jose Canseco told the truth about all the players that he did name, but Ricky isn't one of them.  He wasn't even named in the Mitchell Report.  I tried to look up articles on the alleged steroid us of Henderson, and all I found were people saying he never did.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I believe that Jose Canseco told the truth about all the players that he did name, but Ricky isn't one of them.  He wasn't even named in the Mitchell Report.  I tried to look up articles on the alleged steroid us of Henderson, and all I found were people saying he never did.  

Ur right,  i read more on ricky too,  ive always wondered though,  how can you play into your mid 40s and be totally ripped like that,  and still preform the way he did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He worked out.  If you notice about him, he didn't bulk up as Barry Bonds did.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

He worked out.  If you notice about him, he didn't bulk up as Barry Bonds did.  

I think pudge and bagwell were on roids,  u?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jets said:

I think pudge and bagwell were on roids,  u?

I believe so, and I have read those rumors.  If Canseco said he helped Pudge then I would have to agree, and I did see him gain the type of muscular dynamics that you see with roid users the same with Bagwell.  Bagwell did admit in the Houston Chronicle that he used  https://www.yourhormones.info/hormones/androstenedione/ .  While it's not banned by MLB or the FDA at the time he played I'm unsure if it is now.  From what I read it could counter the effects of steroids that lead to the non-production of testosterone.  Canseco was busted coming back from Mexico with an illegal drug that did that since his body fails to produce it from years of using steroids.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ted Simmons and Marvin Miller elected to the Hall by way of the Modern Era Baseball Committee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...