Grand Saline open

1armchairQB

16 minutes ago, ChaseTheGazelle said:

Anything new on this? Heard a couple of names thrown out but just curious who might be wanting to go over there. Is there nobody inside they want to go with, or complete change of direction?

The job posted on THSCA today.  Good luck and hopefully you don't get a "Dear John" letter.

12 minutes ago, nationalpastime said:

The job posted on THSCA today.  Good luck and hopefully you don't get a "Dear John" letter.

Not sure how it would affect me personally to which I received a "Dear John" letter.  Unless said guy called and offered a position with him over there.  Not saying that would be a bad thing.  They have nice facilities and some big kids.  From what I remember,  they were always strong and physical.

45 minutes ago, ChaseTheGazelle said:

Not sure how it would affect me personally to which I received a "Dear John" letter.  Unless said guy called and offered a position with him over there.  Not saying that would be a bad thing.  They have nice facilities and some big kids.  From what I remember,  they were always strong and physical.

always strong and physical? I would not say always.

Just now, dillonpanthers said:

Getting paid by 2 major colleges though, he's pretty set 😂

See? They can afford him now. Good move for him, too, unless he wants to sign up for the Nick Saban Coach Rehabilitation Clinic. I’m sure the GS fans will roll out the welcome mat. 

• LOL! 1

With the facilities they have upgraded in all programs and got new turf fields for all them I would say there coming into nice job!! No Gs hasn’t one state championships but it’s not because some of the teams didn’t hv kids that give there all ! Gs teams last couple years teams discipline has went overlook and down hill! But on that it first starts at the house and then all The coach has to do is tweak it but that has failed last couple years! And need to have a coach that coaches them while on field and talk to the kids r explain to them what they done wrong not just pat them on head say nothing I mean look at Jason Garrett clap clap and spit and say nothing it’s getting him no we’re! Just glad there taking time not rushing into first couple apps and hv heard they have had tons turned in to start going through and still coming in! 

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I graduated from GS, I don't really keep up with them but I do have friends from HS that still live in town. My Facebook feed was blowing about 2 weeks ago up with "this stupid town" and "someone is trying to kill our tradition again." 

Usually, coaches get fired due to lack of winning. 

Ridge took over a dumpster fire of a program that had lost it's identity. He endured two awful seasons in 13 and 14, where at one point, he was having to start the BACKUP JV QUARTERBACK because injuries were so bad. 

Then, he had a decent year where he went to the playoffs and won a share of the district title, something GS had not done since 1999-2000.

Then GS got placed in 3A Division I and had two down years, but as soon as they got back to Division II what happens? Back to back winning records, back to back playoff appearances and a Bi-District Championship in a district that had some tough teams in it. 

I have no earthly idea why they would fire him. None whatsoever. Whatever it was, it had to be bad. 

Like they said earlier, whoever gets this job does inherit a team that was mainly sophs and juniors and had a good season that averaged 40 points a game through their first 6 games with a Soph QB. They also get some of the best facilities in Class AAA D2 among East Texas Schools. Turf is not even two years old, fieldhouse is really something from what I have been told. 

Any idea why on earth this happened? 

On 11/21/2019 at 6:58 PM, JETT said:

WOW seemed like this coach brought GS up, I remember we use to whoop them easy, now you have to bring your A game or you'll get spanked.... either way good luck GS 

No,  GS was never "whooped easy" by Winona. Even in the bad years, GS gave you guys a fight. Heck, a 1-9 GS team in 2011 rolled you guys and the GS QB was named Ford Built Tough Player of the Week and set the school record for passing yards in a game!

2 hours ago, TheLionWire said:

No,  GS was never "whooped easy" by Winona. Even in the bad years, GS gave you guys a fight. Heck, a 1-9 GS team in 2011 rolled you guys and the GS QB was named Ford Built Tough Player of the Week and set the school record for passing yards in a game!

My apologies I worded it wrong

On 11/21/2019 at 1:29 PM, centex1 said:

Well I think anybody interested can stop asking heard Daniel Swaim drove his golf cart through Grand Saline this weekend and then the job comes open. Coincidence I think we all know the answer to that one. That guy will have opposing defenses so messed up that they will looking like a first time golfer throwing his clubs all over the course. Is there a place in Grand Saline with good pancakes for 50 cents or cheaper? If not there will be one soon. And the custodial staff better get ready cause they will be scrubbing like they have never before. 

What kind of buyout does this Daniel Swaim have at his current place of employment?  

5 hours ago, GRWARCAT said:

What kind of buyout does this Daniel Swaim have at his current place of employment?  

You think can buy out Daniel Swaim? No amount of money will buy him out. But he will take a running golf cart with a stereo and vigilante justice on a place called buggy time. One thing I do know is that when his offense scores you will for sure know about it. 

6 minutes ago, centex1 said:

You think can buy out Daniel Swaim? No amount of money will buy him out. But he will take a running golf cart with a stereo and vigilante justice on a place called buggy time. One thing I do know is that when his offense scores you will for sure know about it. 

I heard they told him that he needed to shave his body hair because he was too scary for PR purposes.  He declined because there's no clippers powerful enough to get through that man-forest.