Grand Saline open

1armchairQB

On 12/18/2019 at 12:35 PM, TheLionWire said:

Ridge was not fired. He resigned. 

Per a very reliable source, GS is having some big time internal problems. 

That is all I will say or care to say. 

Too bad, things seemed to be looking up for GS. 

Officially he was reassigned.  Leaving at the end of the school year. 

The internal problems you're likely speaking of dealt with staff and were handled swiftly and appropriately by administration.  

My son was a move in to the district going into high school. It's been the best thing that could have happened for him. There's only one other district in the county that even comes close to what GS has to offer. The administration in GS is top notch and is constantly and consistently improving what they offer as a district. Anyone who says differently is uninformed. I didn't grow up there, I didn't go to school there, and I have zero ties to anything there. It is not a biased opinion, but is based solely on the experience we've had there. 

• Like 2

Just hope the coach they pick gets them out of the Spread because they don’t hv the receiver speed to burn defenders. Only way spread going  to be 100% successful in Gs is Having the right coach that no’s how to coach it! But like see wing t r flex offense in Gs! Guess we will see with all this time the school board and superintendent having to go through applications to make right choice! Because if not they’ll hear alot of backlash on it during season! 

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

Nothing has Been official of any hiring as of last night school board meeting still interviewing applicants for job! And it’s been silent around about applicants names so must not been to big of names applied! 

Wouldn't consider it a "big name" but would say it would  be a very good hire.

Well if there saying who ever they hired is from bigger school why would that someone from a bigger school drop down to 3a div 2 would be ? Either hasn’t been very successful up there r has had issues in house and looking to get away from them! Guess they’ll break the news when they decide to when they hire someone and make it final we’re everyone no there name! 

7 hours ago, Indian72 said:

Well if there saying who ever they hired is from bigger school why would that someone from a bigger school drop down to 3a div 2 would be ? Either hasn’t been very successful up there r has had issues in house and looking to get away from them! Guess they’ll break the news when they decide to when they hire someone and make it final we’re everyone no there name! 

Lack of success. Had success at previous school 

1 hour ago, BlackShirtD said:

Good move for him or Grand Saline.

Not real sure in either case.

Yeah, guess he probably wanted to be back in a smaller setting. And wasnt having a lot of success.  After winning state that is hard. But he had to have known that was going to be an up hill battle 

Well like I said only reason for a coach to jump all the way down to 3a from higher class is he wasn’t having success were he was and time jump ship! R other reasons but guess time will tell if good hire r not for both. But must not been anything attractive in all other applications to settle with him. Interesting to see what style offense he brings because spread hasn’t worked to well with Gs don’t hv the wr speed and o-line size for spread! 

5 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

Maybe the guy likes a smaller school.  I remember GA Moore took a job at a big school and within a year was back at Celina.  He was a small town guy and that’s what he loved.  There is nothing wrong with that.

Agree. Small towns often bring a different mentality. Once you've been at one and go somewhere larger it can be tough. Everybody's got there preferences. 

1 hour ago, Indian72 said:

Was told that it’s official but wouldn’t be released to everyone till Feb 1 be his first day on job! So will wait And see! Because Hallsville has not even released nothing either about him leaving! 

Hallsville won't release anything unless Drennon has officially resigned there.