Grand Saline open

1armchairQB

Guess We will see if This was A good hire think it was a hire just because he had a state title under his name. Didn’t go so well for Hallsville of thinking of same thing I’m afraid same thing going happen in Gs but hope not. After talking to some of the people of mineola about when he was there he just had talent to carry them they said he didn’t do much coaching. Still think some of the higher coordinators that applied might been better higher but we will see soon when he gets in office see what he brings with him! 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

1 hour ago, Indian72 said:

Guess We will see if This was A good hire think it was a hire just because he had a state title under his name. Didn’t go so well for Hallsville of thinking of same thing I’m afraid same thing going happen in Gs but hope not. After talking to some of the people of mineola about when he was there he just had talent to carry them they said he didn’t do much coaching. Still think some of the higher coordinators that applied might been better higher but we will see soon when he gets in office see what he brings with him! 

He had GREAT talent in Mineola for 3-4 years and got out when that talent left.   Hallsville saw a title and thought it would work out.  Hallsville doesn’t have the kind of talent to win it all at this point.   Drennon didn’t have much success as a head coach before the Mineola stop.   I think he was at Mildred and Liberty-Eylau.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

He had GREAT talent in Mineola for 3-4 years and got out when that talent left.   Hallsville saw a title and thought it would work out.  Hallsville doesn’t have the kind of talent to win it all at this point.   Drennon didn’t have much success as a head coach before the Mineola stop.   I think he was at Mildred and Liberty-Eylau.  

125-100 is his overall record 

Exactly! But it’s not promising when some hv said they were ready for him to leave Hallsville and wasn’t impressed by him as a coach! Then GS jumps at him when some of the coordinators that filed may hv been better choice longer term to build stronger program ! But guess will see but someone needs to really look into Dc of Winnsboro going be a great head  coach i believe ! And couple assistants on van team ! 

33 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

Exactly! But it’s not promising when some hv said they were ready for him to leave Hallsville and wasn’t impressed by him as a coach! Then GS jumps at him when some of the coordinators that filed may hv been better choice longer term to build stronger program ! But guess will see but someone needs to really look into Dc of Winnsboro going be a great head  coach i believe ! And couple assistants on van team ! 

Lots of administrators would rather have head coaching experience. I don't agree with it but it happens all the time

I would like to see the list of coaches who won a state title without any talent?

That is one of the dumbest criticisms of a Coach that I have ever heard. 

“Yeah well he only won because he properly harnessed the talent of the team he was coaching and achieved the highest possible goal available.”

If you have been coaching long enough then you are in on the secret. Football is about the Jimmy’s and Joe’s more than it is about the X’s and O’s. There is a reason the same schools are always the best, and it’s not their scheme.

• Like 3