dave campbell projection 3ad1 next realignment... please add 3ad2 if you know them

lionpride08

7 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

Same as buying a CD or DVD and distributing to others that haven't paid for it. Like it or not still wrong. 

Those numbers he got from Uil were free.  He’s charging people for his thoughts and opinion.  There’s a difference between that and pirating a multi-million dollar produced movie.  

• Stinks 1

26 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Those numbers he got from Uil were free.  He’s charging people for his thoughts and opinion.  There’s a difference between that and pirating a multi-million dollar produced movie.  

See thats where you made an assumption that was incorrect, I didnt get them from the UIL.....the UIL doesnt release them until Dec 6...I called, texted and e-mailed every UIL school to get those numbers early no one else aside from Carl Padilla (who charges a heavy premium for his service) does that...in case you didnt know thats over 1000 schools....so yes that took some time and effort to track down those numbers....

The great thing about capitalism is that the market dictates things...if people choose to pay for my thoughts an opinions, clearly there's a market for it...but when people take it and put it up for free somewhere else it skews that market....again I dont have a problem with you or anyone else choosing not to pay to read some of the content I post..thats your choice on how you choose to spend your money..I'm just asking for common courtesy to not have our premium content taken and posted here (or anywhere else) for free...let the market dictate if that content should be premium or not....if people dont want to pay to read the content they won't subscribe and maybe we'll have to re-evaluate things...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

See thats where you made an assumption that was incorrect, I didnt get them from the UIL.....the UIL doesnt release them until Dec 6...I called, texted and e-mailed every UIL school to get those numbers early no one else aside from Carl Padilla (who charges a heavy premium for his service) does that...in case you didnt know thats over 1000 schools....so yes that took some time and effort to track down those numbers....

The great thing about capitalism is that the market dictates things...if people choose to pay for my thoughts an opinions, clearly there's a market for it...but when people take it and put it up for free somewhere else it skews that market....again I dont have a problem with you or anyone else choosing not to pay to read some of the content I post..thats your choice on how you choose to spend your money..I'm just asking for common courtesy to not have our premium content taken and posted here (or anywhere else) for free...let the market dictate if that content should be premium or not....if people dont want to pay to read the content they won't subscribe and maybe we'll have to re-evaluate things...

Congrats!!  You want a cookie?  Or $5.99

• Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

If the cookies are legit I'd pay a fair price for them....thats how capitalism works

But you’d most likely want to share them though and I wouldn’t mind that one bit.  It’d prolly get me more cookie sales.  That’s how sales works. 

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

But you’d most likely want to share them though and I wouldn’t mind that one bit.  It’d prolly get me more cookie sales.  That’s how sales works. 

No I'm pretty stingy with things I like...I'd keep the cookies for myself and tell my friends to buy their own...but if you are in the cookie business and you dont mind someone sharing then thats your decision....I do mind people sharing my content....

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

3 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Pirating is still pirating no matter what the product is. In fact, in this particular area of discussion I would say Matt's work is valued more than many multi-million dollar productions. 

3 hours ago, MattStepp said:

No I'm pretty stingy with things I like...I'd keep the cookies for myself and tell my friends to buy their own...but if you are in the cookie business and you dont mind someone sharing then thats your decision....I do mind people sharing my content....

Once I sell it I don’t care what they do with it.  To think people won’t share info after they paid for it is silly

39 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Once I sell it I don’t care what they do with it.  To think people won’t share info after they paid for it is silly

I never said they wont share..I can't stop people from asking but I can ask for common courtesy....if they choose not to not much I can do about it but I can at least ask and maybe some won't do it....

2 hours ago, MattStepp said:

I never said they wont share..I can't stop people from asking but I can ask for common courtesy....if they choose not to not much I can do about it but I can at least ask and maybe some won't do it....

Then why get on here and whine and cry about it?  Especially when there’s not much you can do about it.  It should come with the territory.  It happens on recruiting sites, team sites, etc...  very few people will pay for predictions or opinions.  

• Stinks 2

4 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Then why get on here and whine and cry about it?  Especially when there’s not much you can do about it.  It should come with the territory.  It happens on recruiting sites, team sites, etc...  very few people will pay for predictions or opinions.  

I just said I can ask people to stop doing it...and you'd be surprised there are some decent people out there that will stop doing it....weird right? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MattStepp said:

I just said I can ask people to stop doing it...and you'd be surprised there are some decent people out there that will stop doing it....weird right? 

Report it to a moderator .  

Under the Smoaky.com rules

* Reprints of material from other web sites (pay or free) that clearly violate the expressed copyright of that material or site.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

Report it to a moderator .  

Under the Smoaky.com rules

* Reprints of material from other web sites (pay or free) that clearly violate the expressed copyright of that material or site.

I'd rather ask nicely before doing that...but I've asked now...lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I'd rather ask nicely before doing that...but I've asked now...lol

I got a question.... What is the difference between doin this and yall making people pay for the dave campbell/ap rankings only for a local newpaper or news cast putting it out there for thousands to see free or little to no charge at all... Its the same correct?

8 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

I got a question.... What is the difference between doin this and yall making people pay for the dave campbell/ap rankings only for a local newpaper or news cast putting it out there for thousands to see free or little to no charge at all... Its the same correct?

We dont make people pay for our state rankings (1-10 or 1-25 in 6A) those are free...the computer rankings 1-256 or whatever those are part of the subscriber package and differ from the state rankings compiled by our staff

33 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

We dont make people pay for our state rankings (1-10 or 1-25 in 6A) those are free...the computer rankings 1-256 or whatever those are part of the subscriber package and differ from the state rankings compiled by our staff

I tried to look up 3a rankings and it would say i needed to subscribe to see it... Just wanted to see the top 10 but wouldnt let me

12 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

I tried to look up 3a rankings and it would say i needed to subscribe to see it... Just wanted to see the top 10 but wouldnt let me

We dont do a top ten during the playoffs because the only thing that matters is the brackets.....so the rankings page is blank now, but its free of charge...the computer still ranks teams because it gives spreads etc..thats subscriber content

https://www.texasfootball.com/rankings/?ref=nav

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

We dont do a top ten during the playoffs because the only thing that matters is the brackets.....so the rankings page is blank now, but its free of charge...the computer still ranks teams because it gives spreads etc..thats subscriber content

Sorry i didnt mean as in now im talking about during the regular season not playoffs

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

Sorry i didnt mean as in now im talking about during the regular season not playoffs

The rankings in the regular season are free, we release them at noon Monday's on Texas Football Today and they are available on the site during the season....sounds to me like you are going to the wrong place...

11 hours ago, MattStepp said:

I'm a member and have been having trouble seeing the rankings. I could see them last week but not this week?