The Smoakhouse Forums

dave campbell projection 3ad1 next realignment... please add 3ad2 if you know them

4 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Then why get on here and whine and cry about it?  Especially when there’s not much you can do about it.  It should come with the territory.  It happens on recruiting sites, team sites, etc...  very few people will pay for predictions or opinions.  

I just said I can ask people to stop doing it...and you'd be surprised there are some decent people out there that will stop doing it....weird right? 

• Like 1
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd really appreciate people not posting our premium content in the forum...I can't really stop it but I'd like to at least request it....thanks

I'm protesting that

No I'm pretty stingy with things I like...I'd keep the cookies for myself and tell my friends to buy their own...but if you are in the cookie business and you dont mind someone sharing then thats your

15 hours ago, MattStepp said:

I just said I can ask people to stop doing it...and you'd be surprised there are some decent people out there that will stop doing it....weird right? 

Report it to a moderator .  

Under the Smoaky.com rules

* Reprints of material from other web sites (pay or free) that clearly violate the expressed copyright of that material or site.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

* Reprints of material from other web sites (pay or free) that clearly violate the expressed copyright of that material or site.

I'd rather ask nicely before doing that...but I've asked now...lol

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I'd rather ask nicely before doing that...but I've asked now...lol

I got a question.... What is the difference between doin this and yall making people pay for the dave campbell/ap rankings only for a local newpaper or news cast putting it out there for thousands to see free or little to no charge at all... Its the same correct?

8 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

I got a question.... What is the difference between doin this and yall making people pay for the dave campbell/ap rankings only for a local newpaper or news cast putting it out there for thousands to see free or little to no charge at all... Its the same correct?

We dont make people pay for our state rankings (1-10 or 1-25 in 6A) those are free...the computer rankings 1-256 or whatever those are part of the subscriber package and differ from the state rankings compiled by our staff

33 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

We dont make people pay for our state rankings (1-10 or 1-25 in 6A) those are free...the computer rankings 1-256 or whatever those are part of the subscriber package and differ from the state rankings compiled by our staff

I tried to look up 3a rankings and it would say i needed to subscribe to see it... Just wanted to see the top 10 but wouldnt let me

12 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

I tried to look up 3a rankings and it would say i needed to subscribe to see it... Just wanted to see the top 10 but wouldnt let me

We dont do a top ten during the playoffs because the only thing that matters is the brackets.....so the rankings page is blank now, but its free of charge...the computer still ranks teams because it gives spreads etc..thats subscriber content

https://www.texasfootball.com/rankings/?ref=nav

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

We dont do a top ten during the playoffs because the only thing that matters is the brackets.....so the rankings page is blank now, but its free of charge...the computer still ranks teams because it gives spreads etc..thats subscriber content

Sorry i didnt mean as in now im talking about during the regular season not playoffs

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

Sorry i didnt mean as in now im talking about during the regular season not playoffs

The rankings in the regular season are free, we release them at noon Monday's on Texas Football Today and they are available on the site during the season....sounds to me like you are going to the wrong place...

11 hours ago, MattStepp said:

I'm a member and have been having trouble seeing the rankings. I could see them last week but not this week?

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:54 PM, 4to3 said:

District 10-3A D2 with Arp, Edgewood, Grand Saline, Harmony, Quitman, Troup, West Rusk, Winona

8 team district? I don't see that happened.

Matt Stepp and Carl Padilla are good at what they do. But they know as much as what the UIL is gonna do as I do. I bet if you research there projections over a 5 realignment period they are 60% correct. How much time do they spend on 2a div 2 teams?  I bet not that much. I know last realignment Padilla had EF with newton. 

Here is my projection. See if I beat Padilla and Stepp

EF

Waskom

Harelton

New Diana 

Hughes Springs 

Daingerfield 

going with six team districts 

so that means

queen city

red water 

dekalb

pewitt

hooks

and 1 more not sure just my quess. Guess we will see in Feb. Happy Holidays see y’all next year 

3 minutes ago, justafan said:

Matt Stepp and Carl Padilla are good at what they do. But they know as much as what the UIL is gonna do as I do. I bet if you research there projections over a 5 realignment period they are 60% correct. How much time do they spend on 2a div 2 teams?  I bet not that much. I know last realignment Padilla had EF with newton. 

Here is my projection. See if I beat Padilla and Stepp

EF

Waskom

Harelton

New Diana 

Hughes Springs 

Daingerfield 

going with six team districts 

so that means

queen city

red water 

dekalb

pewitt

hooks

and 1 more not sure just my quess. Guess we will see in Feb. Happy Holidays see y’all next year 

Plug in Ore City somewhere. 

1 hour ago, LSUTIGERS said:

We’ll all be able to make a better prediction when the UIL releases the cutoff numbers in a week or so. 

That’s really the only time you could make predictions. Anything prior is foolish. 

On 11/27/2019 at 10:46 AM, BlahBlah said:

Are those predictions actually copyrighted?

On 11/21/2019 at 7:44 PM, lionpride08 said:

District 7..... Sabine, Gladewater, Mineola, White Oak, Tatum, and Malakoff....

District 5...... Jefferson, Atlanta, Mt. Vernon, New Boston, Winnsboro, Commerce

Maypearl takes malakoff spot in dist 8 rest are still the same...

Dist 9 stays the same minus Maypearl

Dist 10 Cameron, Rockdale, Lorena, Troy, Llano, Academy, Florence, and Lago Vista

Dist 11 Diboll, Crockett, Fairfield, Westwood, Elkhart, Trinity, and Huntington

Hitch in that is he has Dallas Madison in with Kemp Eustace Maypearl also the two charter schools 

I have not seen Madison. number heard it’s much higher than last time 

If so the two charters must go up also to 4A that’s UIL rule that charter can go no lower than the smallest school in the ISD they reside in

6 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

He can weigh in if he wants to

Getting upset about what on a message board when everyone is speculating anyways is kinda naive and ridiculous. Probably should expect that from the passion of the fans. I bet they are talking about it on his site. Should be given credit for his work. If you have the numbers anyone can use guess work. Personally I think the uil doesn't have a map. I wish there was a 4a thread so maybe I spend some $$ for the content.

• Stinks 1