Groveton vs. Joaquin @ Nacogdoches HS, 7p Friday

Reddog92

10 minutes ago, Bigj47 said:

Everyone has a bad game and we still scored 84 pts man. 720 pts so far this year and not given up but 230 pts. Its ok Tho We will be called the back To back to back region champs. Whooo. Rick flair like. We aint Joaquin who cant even sense a state title 

Offense wins games . Defense wins championships .. learn a little defense and ya know maybe you want get beat by 50 in the semis again 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Wheels said:

BlueBlood99 you are wrong class of ‘17 went Groveton as juniors and won a very close game. High scoring. It came down to who had the ball last 

Couldn't remember exactly......Too many concussions from my playing days.....I just remember it was like nearly 60-58 or something

SA y’all run your mouths way to much. In ‘16 and ‘17 Joaquin mud stomped y’all and yes y’all advanced further in the playoffs than joe did, but everybody knows sometimes its where you fall in the playoff bracket some are have easier road than others for first couple rounds maybe 3 and the real teams show up I have thought SA has been way over rated since ‘16 and if my memory is correct joe went to SA  last year and got robbed by some local refs or joe would have handed big bad Wolfpack a lost 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

This current senior group played Groveton in 7th and 8th grade. Varsity lost a very high scoring game I believe in Groveton about 4 years ago. Joe couldn't cover the pass at all back then

We played a home-and-home in ‘14-‘15. 2014 at Joaquin in Coach Gandy’s last year, Groveton couldn’t stop the double wing to save their lives. 2015 at Groveton, the Rams win a shootout. They had a tall, athletic receiver who evidently was born with springs in his legs. Glenn Thornton could throw the ball up in the lights and this kid would jump over the bleachers and catch it. But Groveton couldn’t get stops against the slot-t. Rams win by 4 if I remember correctly. 

18 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

#8.....5’10” 155lbs

bench 260lb

squat 400lbs

I hope they can run fast

They aren’t even close to Joaquin speed. And you gotta like your chances when you have a 155 lb QB/RB that can bench as much as 4 of the guys on their OL. Just sayin. Gonna be a good game but I think the Rams roll. 

2 hours ago, Wheels said:

SA y’all run your mouths way to much. In ‘16 and ‘17 Joaquin mud stomped y’all and yes y’all advanced further in the playoffs than joe did, but everybody knows sometimes its where you fall in the playoff bracket some are have easier road than others for first couple rounds maybe 3 and the real teams show up I have thought SA has been way over rated since ‘16 and if my memory is correct joe went to SA  last year and got robbed by some local refs or joe would have handed big bad Wolfpack a lost 

Joaquin didn’t play SA last year but in 17 SA was up on Joaquin 21-0 at halftime and won 33-21.

Time: Friday 7:00
Gate: $5 Adult and Students 
Passes: THSCA, District 11&12, Senior Citizens
Home Team: Joaquin 
Visiting Team: Groveton

Just got this from Coach Lawson. Between this game and Newton/ Daingerfield at SFA, Nacogdoghes gonna be a busy place Friday! 
GO RAMS! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1