Groveton vs. Joaquin @ Nacogdoches HS, 7p Friday

Reddog92

20 hours ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

How does this upcoming game play out in your opinion. You called Shelbyville upsetting Joaquin this year, you called out Tenaha for being over rated like week 2. You said Joaquin would best Garrison and you said Joaquin would beat alto. Curious to see what you think of this one 

I think Joaquin comes over with a beaten up team and I think the kids that haven’t had a chance to shine will reallys step up and  shine . I say beaten and battered Joaquin by 2 tds

20 hours ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

How does this upcoming game play out in your opinion. You called Shelbyville upsetting Joaquin this year, you called out Tenaha for being over rated like week 2. You said Joaquin would best Garrison and you said Joaquin would beat alto. Curious to see what you think of this one 

I think the kids that haven’t really had a chance to play will play with an insane amount of heart to prove they belong .. I don’t think it will be a team that gets complacent . And also if Joaquin has 6 starters out , you know groveton kids see it and get cocky thinkin this game is already in there pocket . And that’s 6 new players on the field groveton doesn’t have any film on . Just my opinion . But who knows I’m just a dog with glasses 

59 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

I think Joaquin comes over with a beaten up team and I think the kids that haven’t had a chance to shine will reallys step up and  shine . I say beaten and battered Joaquin by 2 tds

Possible... Not likely but possible.

8 minutes ago, larry said:

Sounds like coaching tricks to me I doubt they have 6 starters out. We will see !

I agree. If I was a true fan of my team I would not post who's in or out. Everyone with any sense knows that it will be a game time decision. 

On 11/23/2019 at 5:14 PM, Ramfanforever said:

Would you please forward that to sawolfman

For some reason I think logic, facts, and reason are not part of his philosophy. He's a true Homer. The ol 2 year letterman. Best teammate and cheerleader ever. 

2 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Anyone who was at the game would’ve seen these kids on the sideline during the game. Legit injuries......

I was there. Lotta kids wounded. I saw #8 pull a rabbit out of his hat and keep fighting. Not many would’ve stayed in the game. Warrior for sure.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Juiced07 said:

BlueBlood you gonna save me a seat if I come watch? No way I’ll sit on Groveton side. 

Going Joe 35 Groveton 28

Most times I don’t sit down. I get up and pace. Too much nervous energy..... plus I gotta get close to coach to yell at em..... lol. I bet they get tired of my voice...... but you are welcome to sit down by my family and support group. We got a bunch of folks 

Did some more thinking about this contest. Yes Joe is beat up and bruised but those boys are straight ballers. I think Lane runs the ball like an absolute monster this week. I think he runs the ball like Mack truck this week. That’s the vibe I got from him vs Alto. When Nelson went down it’s like it lit a fire under Lane to carry the load. Something he’s absolutely built for.

Bragg has a sense of urgency and purpose when he got ahold of the ball Vs. Alto. He’ll show up with that same energy this week too.

These Senior boys got too much grit and determination. Groveton gonna be hard pressed to find a group in their back catalogue to match the grit and determination this Joaquin crew brings.

I think Joaquin Rams show up laser focused this week. I can foresee 4 good quarters again. When they do that, magic happens.

8 hours ago, Reddog92 said:

I agree. If I was a true fan of my team I would not post who's in or out. Everyone with any sense knows that it will be a game time decision. 

Has anybody posted who the six starters are? Other than Nelson who is having surgery, nobody has posted who .

I suspect a couple of them may dress but will be severely limited .   It’s gut check time for some freshman 

4 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

This is embarrassing Groveton. Alto already had 10 pages by now

Maybe they just decided to save themselves the embarrassment of having to eat crow by not even bothering to show up in the first place. Speaking of eating crow, has anyone seen the Alto guys? They disappeared faster than a pizza at a Weight Watchers convention. 

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Maybe they just decided to save themselves the embarrassment of having to eat crow by not even bothering to show up in the first place. Speaking of eating crow, has anyone seen the Alto guys? They disappeared faster than a pizza at a Weight Watchers convention.

Y'all beat Timpson 21 14, got beat by Shelbyville.  Both teams Groveton easily handled. Sure Joaquin can win. I don't believe so, but I'll say again arrogance and football are a fools combination. That said who cares to debate endlessly on what can't be predicted. I'm happy for both teams on making it. Both have been looked at as underrated. I think Joaquin can play with anyone at times and at times seem inconsistent. I will say Groveton has been fairly consistent all year long. I hope the rain moves out by Friday afternoon.