Groveton vs. Joaquin @ Nacogdoches HS, 7p Friday

Reddog92

4 hours ago, Reddog92 said:

Y'all beat Timpson 21 14, got beat by Shelbyville.  Both teams Groveton easily handled. Sure Joaquin can win. I don't believe so, but I'll say again arrogance and football are a fools combination. That said who cares to debate endlessly on what can't be predicted. I'm happy for both teams on making it. Both have been looked at as underrated. I think Joaquin can play with anyone at times and at times seem inconsistent. I will say Groveton has been fairly consistent all year long. I hope the rain moves out by Friday afternoon.

You’re leaving out valuable information. For starters, 2 weeks after Groveton beat Shelbyville 32-12, Joaquin hammered them 39-0 in a playoff game. Both times, Shelbyville was a shell of the team that beat Joaquin 22-21 in Joaquin’s worst performance in 3 years. Shelbyville qualifies as Groveton’s best win. As far as Timpson, no we didn’t play well that night, but we rarely do on HOCO. Judging by the amount of turnovers, it doesn’t look like Timpson played particularly well against Groveton. That’s all irrelevant when the two teams step on the field Friday. Groveton is a well coached team that executes their offense very well, as is Joaquin. I see the difference being the Ram defense. By my count, Groveton has faced two slot-t teams this season, Deweyville and Hull-Daisetta, neither of which runs the system very well. They don’t give you much of a read on what to do to prepare for a team that runs it like Joaquin does. Advantage Rams. Joaquin has seen no less than 7 spread teams this season. We hold a 6-1 record against them. What does all this mean? Nothing if we don’t show up and play well. I’m taking the Rams 42-21. 

5 hours ago, Reddog92 said:

Y'all beat Timpson 21 14, got beat by Shelbyville.  Both teams Groveton easily handled. Sure Joaquin can win. I don't believe so, but I'll say again arrogance and football are a fools combination. That said who cares to debate endlessly on what can't be predicted. I'm happy for both teams on making it. Both have been looked at as underrated. I think Joaquin can play with anyone at times and at times seem inconsistent. I will say Groveton has been fairly consistent all year long. I hope the rain moves out by Friday afternoon.

Not being arrogant at all bud just like poking fun and shooting the breeze to help pass the time during the week...... Trust me ya don’t wanna start the whole we beat this team by this much and Joe didn’t so it means Groveton must be this or that...... Joe has had injuries that makes us switch RB to QB and lineman to QB and other various moves. When firing on all cylinders Joe is more than a handful. 

6 hours ago, Reddog92 said:

Transitive property doesn’t work well in football. Alto best timpson 45-0 and Joaquin best Alto.  See, doesn’t work.  Football is a game of matchups, playing styles and that any given Friday night issue.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

You’re leaving out valuable information. For starters, 2 weeks after Groveton beat Shelbyville 32-12, Joaquin hammered them 39-0 in a playoff game. Both times, Shelbyville was a shell of the team that beat Joaquin 22-21 in Joaquin’s worst performance in 3 years. Shelbyville qualifies as Groveton’s best win. As far as Timpson, no we didn’t play well that night, but we rarely do on HOCO. Judging by the amount of turnovers, it doesn’t look like Timpson played particularly well against Groveton. That’s all irrelevant when the two teams step on the field Friday. Groveton is a well coached team that executes their offense very well, as is Joaquin. I see the difference being the Ram defense. By my count, Groveton has faced two slot-t teams this season, Deweyville and Hull-Daisetta, neither of which runs the system very well. They don’t give you much of a read on what to do to prepare for a team that runs it like Joaquin does. Advantage Rams. Joaquin has seen no less than 7 spread teams this season. We hold a 6-1 record against them. What does all this mean? Nothing if we don’t show up and play well. I’m taking the Rams 42-21. 

Big Sandy is slot T

• Like 1

This is just for kicks but when this senior group played Groveton in 8th grade the final was 98-0 Joaquin..... That is no exaggeration. Obviously Groveton has improved and  gotten better. I get the sense from limited Groveton posters they not worried about lil ole Joe run game cuz their defense line is great. Let me say again Groveton hasn’t seen the likes of Joe run game and trust we’ve seen better defense lines than Groveton. Sure Groveton likes to throw it around on offense and are good at it but the same guys catching passes gonna be taking on blocks against smash mouth offense and it tends to wear down the opposing WRs.

55 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

This is just for kicks but when this senior group played Groveton in 8th grade the final was 98-0 Joaquin..... That is no exaggeration. Obviously Groveton has improved and  gotten better. I get the sense from limited Groveton posters they not worried about lil ole Joe run game cuz their defense line is great. Let me say again Groveton hasn’t seen the likes of Joe run game and trust we’ve seen better defense lines than Groveton. Sure Groveton likes to throw it around on offense and are good at it but the same guys catching passes gonna be taking on blocks against smash mouth offense and it tends to wear down the opposing WRs.

Is that a football score or basketball score lol

3 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Omg is this true!? Did that actually happen?

If that’s true I promise them Groveton boys remember it. You don’t forget a butt whooping like that 

10 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

When in Sam hell has Joaquin been able to score 98 in shooty hoops.  

Back in the JH days coach Lawrence telling Connor to slow down and run Hi Lo post game....... Connor wantn to run and gun. It was a true test of wills.

10 hours ago, Bigj47 said:

Indians 44

JOKE queen 13

Just to clarify, you think the defense that gave up 30 to Hull-Daisetta (a leading candidate for worst football team in Texas this year) will hold Joaquin to their season low? Wolfman was right. You ain’t the brightest light on the tree. 

• LOL! 1