Groveton vs. Joaquin @ Nacogdoches HS, 7p Friday

Reddog92

29 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

So you think Groveton defense is the same as Alto’s?

I would say Alto's defense is better but I've picked against the Rams all year so I'm continuing the trend. . That's all 😂

I actually think the Rams have the best chance to upset SA for the region. I would love to see that happen! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ProdigyMaker said:

I would say Alto's defense is better but I've picked against the Rams all year so I'm continuing the trend. . That's all 😂

I actually think the Rams have the best chance to upset SA for the region. I would love to see that happen! 

Please keep picking against us!

15 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Just to clarify, you think the defense that gave up 30 to Hull-Daisetta (a leading candidate for worst football team in Texas this year) will hold Joaquin to their season low? Wolfman was right. You ain’t the brightest light on the tree. 

Do you realize it was 50 to 0 at the half and the last game of Hulls season. Groveton pulled every starter and end some. Keep on thinking. 

It’s time for this thread to get really good. We are on the home stretch!!! I have good friends in both towns so I’m taking this one easy!!! But just for the record, I don’t see Groveton stopping Joe’s ground game. As a result, Joe will control the clock and keep Groveton’s offense off the field. You can’t score FITTY if you don’t have the ball much! Joe by 15-20. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LLIONPRIDE said:

It’s time for this thread to get really good. We are on the home stretch!!! I have good friends in both towns so I’m taking this one easy!!! But just for the record, I don’t see Groveton stopping Joe’s ground game. As a result, Joe will control the clock and keep Groveton’s offense off the field. You can’t score FITTY if you don’t have the ball much! Joe by 15-20. 

Wait a minute you mean to tell me that Alto didn't score fiddy against Joaquin like it was predicted. That just can't be right

2 hours ago, LLIONPRIDE said:

Joe isn’t a ball control run team. We score on big plays and eat yardage up in chunks.

I’ve toiled with this one all week. On one side I feel like Groveton has been an underrated team in the bracket and they were the 3rd best team in the region. On the other I have Joaquin that I just watched pull a hard fought game out against who I still believe was the #2 team in the region.  I am leaning Joaquin but it is very close IMO. Sure wouldn’t surprise me either way. 

Give me Joaquin by a TD or less in another battle. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bigj47 said:

Gameday. Rams go home Indians have a rematch with SA next weekend at SFA. Mark it down. The pick of the day. 

At least that’s what you’re hoping for. Because, truth be known, you would much rather play Groveton again than play Joaquin. You won’t ever admit it, but it’s the truth. It’s a proven fact that Groveton can’t stay on the field with SA. I’ve seen the film. Indians looked like they were in slo-mo. Y’all are very confident, and considering how loaded your team is, you should be. But, just like me, you know that if there’s a team in Region 3 that’s gonna pull the upset and end your season earlier than you expected, it’s the Joaquin Rams. Good luck vs Harleton, I hope y’all have a great game with no injuries. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

At least that’s what you’re hoping for. Because, truth be known, you would much rather play Groveton again than play Joaquin. You won’t ever admit it, but it’s the truth. It’s a proven fact that Groveton can’t stay on the field with SA. I’ve seen the film. Indians looked like they were in slo-mo. Y’all are very confident, and considering how loaded your team is, you should be. But, just like me, you know that if there’s a team in Region 3 that’s gonna pull the upset and end your season earlier than you expected, it’s the Joaquin Rams. Good luck vs Harleton, I hope y’all have a great game with no injuries. 

I think Harleton might upset SA