Winnsboro vs. Gladewater

chevyman

1 hour ago, Racer55 said:

Naw looking at his little 1 point score predictions I think he’s to soft to talk about a title if they ever get one. 

I think respectful is the word. I had seen enough film to know we were going to win going away against VA but I didn’t see need to point it out 😂 

50 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Hows your feelings about Winny then?

Truthfully I feel like as long as we don’t turn the ball over we will win. I don’t see it being a wide margin though. No more than 14. I have no doubt that Winny is a better team now than before and will play hard beginning to end. With the style you guys play it doesn’t allow for a wide margin in any game unless y’all turn the ball over. 

9 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Truthfully I feel like as long as we don’t turn the ball over we will win. I don’t see it being a wide margin though. No more than 14. I have no doubt that Winny is a better team now than before and will play hard beginning to end. With the style you guys play it doesn’t allow for a wide margin in any game unless y’all turn the ball over. 

I was doing a little research back to that first game and realized we have changed personnel on defense as well as offense so its just really hard to get a good gauge. Same for you guys i know. I still think weather is going to be a big factor. Possibly even hinder the game being played 

15 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

What makes you think y’all will be able to stop them? Their offense is rolling now and throwing the ball a lot better. I think Gladewater wins but I’m not sure they will get enough chances to score 44 points. 

Because we will play 1v1 outside, load the box and stop the run.... I dont think Winnsboro will have the success needed on offense to keep our offense off the field. Its my opinion but I honestly believe it. I'm seeing 14-0 end of 1st. 29-7 at halftime. 37-13 end of third. 44-19 end of game. 

6 minutes ago, bearnation said:

Because we will play 1v1 outside, load the box and stop the run.... I dont think Winnsboro will have the success needed on offense to keep our offense off the field. Its my opinion but I honestly believe it. I'm seeing 14-0 end of 1st. 29-7 at halftime. 37-13 end of third. 44-19 end of game. 

I don’t think the weather will afford either team the option of scoring 44 points.  Most of the game will be played between the 30’s.  IMO the first team to 30 points probably wins.  

I’ve been riding the Raider bus since the summer so no reason to stop now.  They have been in every game this year with a chance to win except the 2nd half of the MV game.  No reason to think this one will be any different.  So my score prediction is Winnsboro 30 GW 28.  

5 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I don’t think the weather will afford either team the option of scoring 44 points.  Most of the game will be played between the 30’s.  IMO the first team to 30 points probably wins.  

I’ve been riding the Raider bus since the summer so no reason to stop now.  They have been in every game this year with a chance to win except the 2nd half of the MV game.  No reason to think this one will be any different.  So my score prediction is Winnsboro 30 GW 28.  

I don’t think Winny will score 30 on this defense so If they win it will have to be in the 20s and probably low 20s. I will say that the only exception would be if we lay the ball on the ground. Turnovers haven’t been an issue for us this year but we did have a few fumbles last week with our Rb fighting for extra yardage. I would love to know our plus minus on turnovers but I know it is highly in our favor. 

26 minutes ago, bearnation said:

44? Finney will find a way to get 3 or 4 yards a pop against a stacked box. I’m going to assume he’s faced every kind of defense possible at some point in his career. 

It could happen though but I don’t see it. 

Although I think this game will be within one to two scores for the entirety, there is a slim chance it could get lopsided at the favor of GW. Only saying that because we seem to be more explosive on offense and If we are able to get a couple early stops it would force Winny to abandon their philosophy. Unless the passing game has went from night to day then that would be very tough on Winny. 

2 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

44? Finney will find a way to get 3 or 4 yards a pop against a stacked box. I’m going to assume he’s faced every kind of defense possible at some point in his career. 

It could happen though but I don’t see it. 

I'm going to assume Berry who has now faced the Wing-T 3 times this year (this being the 4th) will find a way to keep them from doing that. 

As long as they stay ahead of the sticks I think they can move the ball. Problem is just like last match up. Any penalties or negative yardage plays and it forces you into passing situations. Every single one of those plays were disastrous for Winnsboro in the first meeting 

29 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

I don’t think Winny will score 30 on this defense so If they win it will have to be in the 20s and probably low 20s. I will say that the only exception would be if we lay the ball on the ground. Turnovers haven’t been an issue for us this year but we did have a few fumbles last week with our Rb fighting for extra yardage. I would love to know our plus minus on turnovers but I know it is highly in our favor. 

I agree all things equal GW is the favorite.  But you have to admit Winnsboro has been making things “not equal” against favored opponents all year based on their style of play.  I’d also throw in there the fact that Finney has the confidence to do the unexpected at pivotal times in a game to get a competitive advantage.  Sprinkle in a couple of rain induced GW fumbles and a short field and it’s not that far fetched to think the Raiders could get to 30.  Huge chess match coming between the coaching staffs.

4 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Do you guys think Winny matches up better defensively with GWs style of offense vs the wide open attack that Madison presented last week?

I’m not sure. Like I’ve said previously it’s just a pick your poison offense. I’m sure he will gear up to stop the run because you have to. If Tristan is putting them on the money then it’s going to be hard to stop. I know Dallas Madison had some athletes but I really think our offense is dynamic when #12 and #2 are both playing reciever. 

3 minutes ago, bearnation said:

Winny gave up 37 to West Rusk and 29 to Mineola I dont think GW scoring 40+ is that far out there.... 

Under normal conditions it’s not far fetched.  But you are not factoring in the 70% chance of rain Fri.  The game will be ugly because of it.  Normal stats are out the window.

1 minute ago, BearFan13 said:

I’m not sure. Like I’ve said previously it’s just a pick your poison offense. I’m sure he will gear up to stop the run because you have to. If Tristan is putting them on the money then it’s going to be hard to stop. I know Dallas Madison had some athletes but I really think our offense is dynamic when #12 and #2 are both playing reciever. 

Both teams will be one dimensional because of the weather.

4 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Do you guys think Winny matches up better defensively with GWs style of offense vs the wide open attack that Madison presented last week?

If we played the same offensive scheme we did the first time we played Winny it would be a favorable matchup for Winny but I don’t think you will see that. We will severely short handed. Do you realize the entire backfield will be different players than the last time we played ?  We will throw more on 1st down and force Winny to move the safeties back. If they go 1 on 1 all night I will say good luck covering #12 and #2. In the first matchup (I watched the entire game last night ) the only time Winnsboro wasn’t loaded in the box was obvious passing downs.  Y’all can load the box this time but it won’t be as effective. The X factor could be the rain. If we cannot throw the ball successfully this game will be an all out war with both teams stacking the box and forcing the offenses to run head on into the defense. I think that somewhat favors Winnsboro but #8 can score from anywhere on the field with just a crease and #36 who we also didn’t have last time is a battering ram. This is going to be a fun game 😁