Waco Connally vs. Gilmer - 11/29 @ 7:00

MIZETX

Gotta go with the Buckeyes! Our defense will continue to shut down that run game. Our offense will put together 4 quarters and keep us rolling, but gonna have to get off to a better start. We are going to have to get out on CC early and stay there. Still need to not turn over the ball and cut down on the big penalties that hurt our drives. 

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

21 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

Gotta go with the Buckeyes! Our defense will continue to shut down that run game. Our offense will put together 4 quarters and keep us rolling, but gonna have to get off to a better start. We are going to have to get out on CC early and stay there. Still need to not turn over the ball and cut down on the big penalties that hurt our drives. 

CC will definitely match the athletes that Gilmer has and that oline is big and nasty. Gilmer D going to have their hands full. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

Great venue!  I plan on making this one.  Going to be a good one.  Looking forward to a PG/Gilmer game again.

Gotta get past CC first. Need to concentrate on executing a game plan and not look past them. CC will be a lot closer game and will be a hard fought game on both sides. We can't be playing sloppy if we want to make it to the next round. I do like our odds even though it would technically be called an upset I guess since they are ranked 2 in our division.

51 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

CC will definitely match the athletes that Gilmer has and that oline is big and nasty. Gilmer D going to have their hands full. 

Dont I know it. Just have to contain them and not give up the big plays. It will have to be a complete game. Our starters will probably not be leaving the field this game at all. Everyone will have to be on their A game. Expecting a close game.

Offensively CC only has two options. RB #4 and QB #9. RB is fast, QB is quick and shifty. Run, run & run. Don’t pass. Defense is solid, one good corner, #2. He’ll be on the best receiver, but if the Gilmer OL gives the QB time to throw, I think he can pick them apart. A balanced attack will beat them. Give me Gilmer by 14.

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Offensively CC only has two options. RB #4 and QB #9. RB is fast, QB is quick and shifty. Run, run & run. Don’t pass. Defense is solid, one good corner, #2. He’ll be on the best receiver, but if the Gilmer OL gives the QB time to throw, I think he can pick them apart. A balanced attack will beat them. Give me Gilmer by 14.

Gilmer will stuff a 1 dimensional team like WC.  WC is good at what they do but will not beat really good teams late in the playoffs doing what they do.   PG stuffed them last year and IMO WC was better last year.   

• LOL! 3

On 11/23/2019 at 1:30 PM, SHillBuckeye said:

I thought the CC Secondary was very good. The QB that plays safety is a stud on Defense just like Offense. The shutdown corner is the real deal. Pretty much stopped SH's top receiver all night long. I liked the fact he shadowed him all over the field and played the old school bump and run. Dont see that much anymore. 

• Like 1

WC line is big and strong. Blocking / H back is strong. RB #4 is very strong and explosive.  QB is quick. Looked like they had 4 or 5 DIV 1 athletes. Will run read most of the time and QB power. If they have to pass Gilmer will win for sure.

DBs play man bump and HOLD.  Safeties will be close to line and play run first. Gilmer should be able to score on most possessions.

5 hours ago, eagle34 said:

I thought the CC Secondary was very good. The QB that plays safety is a stud on Defense just like Offense. The shutdown corner is the real deal. Pretty much stopped SH's top receiver all night long. I liked the fact he shadowed him all over the field and played the old school bump and run. Dont see that much anymore. 

I can agree with this. The corner was legit and absolutely shut down our #1, but the other receivers were open at times and just didn’t make the catch. I think Gilmer will be the best team Connally has faced so far, especially defensively. They beat Fairfield by 5, Gilmer was  up on Fairfield by 42 in the 4th when they put subs in. I’ve watched both and I just don’t think Connally has enough to beat the Buckeyes. Rainy weather in the forecast, so we will see what happens 

• Like 2

Anybody hear what Hurt’s injury ended up being?  He took a shot to the right arm/shoulder diving for the goal line and didn’t play the rest of the game. Game was out of reach at halftime though. Wondering if it was just a stinger and a precautionary move or something worse?

On 11/23/2019 at 10:04 AM, eagle34 said:

I love the fact a lot of folks conviently forget that Gilmer gave Carthage and Pleasant Grove a good game. I wouldn't call for the automatic W. This has potential to be a great game.