Harleton vs #4 San Augustine

SAWolfman

5 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

Well before tonight I would say SA rolls but after that head scratcher...... SA still takes this one. I think coach murr gets a fire lit and gets them ready for this one. May have overlooked this week some but I bet it don’t happen again. 

The Normangee was a baller.  Best QB we have seen all season.  We came out flat.  Lost 2 onside kicks in a row.  Just a weird feeling all night.  Our offense was unstoppable.  Losing Dontae will hurt us on defense, but I believe Murr will plug someone in.

One small thing to note, cause there is a lot of mental that goes in these contests: I think most teams are slightly intimidated by SA— Namely local teams who have always butted heads with them — But teams like Normangee and Harleton, they don’t have a history with SA. They aren’t gonna be beat soon as they get off the bus so to speak. They gonna show up to ball. At this point all teams remaining have been battle tested and most importantly, each team believes it can win. SA is the clear favorite of region 3 still, but the days of week in and week out cake walks have officially come to a close. SA is about to start getting what it always wanted all year, for teams to finally fight back.

SA wins if they come to play. I think the injury last night changed the complete feel of the game. We gotta learn to recover onside kicks for sure. I guess if I was coaching the other team I’d try one, but that’s it. It’s pretty much a given that SA is gonna score so why give them a short field? 

#3 for Harleton is the best athlete I have watched this year. He is fast, strong and quick. SA will have to tackle as a group or it will be a long night. I don’t mean run up and hit him  I mean form tackle and wrap up, because he will hit you and keep going. The Harper kid from Joaquin handled him heads up, but he plays MLB like his brother did when he was there, but 3 keeps coming all night. Hope it’s an injury free game for both sides. 

Harleton is definitely the Cinderella story of 2019. I look for them to play tougher defense than SA has seen all year. I also think SA will show Harleton more offensive firepower than they have seen. If Harleton can sustain some drives and keep SA offense off the field, they can disrupt their rhythm and frustrate them and that can lead to the kind of mistakes (penalties, turnovers) that help make up for the talent differential. Harleton has a way of making good teams feel like they beat themselves. All that said, I think the SA just has too much talent. The clock strikes midnight for Harleton this week. SA 48

Harleton 27

28 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

If #3 is healthy then Harleton has a chance in a game that SA commits turnovers and mistakes. If he isn’t then Harelton has no shot. Just a huge mismatch that doesn’t favor Wildcats

We played a pretty clean game on offense last night.  No turnovers and only a couple penalties.  

• Like 1

Harleton really good at holding onto the ball for about as long as they want, the biggest issue with playing them is that when a team is playing pretty constant there’s something subconscious that makes the opposing team, coaches and players both, start pressing to try and create some artificial momentum because you feel like you’re behind, even if you’re not.  It’s just constant pressure to perform because they keep it close, then when you make a mistake they capitalize.  If SA plays a perfect game they’ll win by 2-3 scores because they’re just that much more athletic than Harleton, but if they make a couple mistakes, Harleton will make it interesting.

65 for Harleton will be the best defensive lineman they’ve seen all year, and 3 makes you think twice about tackling him again after the first hit, runs hard,

Really curious to see how this game turns out. SA's strength is definitely their offense. I hate that SA lost their best defensive player. Pray he heals with Godspeed. Health effects are the great unknown for the two games in the region this week.

• Like 1