Harleton vs #4 San Augustine

SAWolfman

37 minutes ago, wolfpack76 said:

With the way their fans cheered unsportsmanlike calls encouraging their players to play dirty they it was called for 

As a non biased observer of the game I’d say that Harleton just didn’t have the athletes to compete. The officiating was horrible. Several face masks that should’ve been against San Augustine were not called and they let the plays go on way too long. SA’s offensive scheme wouldn’t be hard to defend against but Harleton just didn’t have the athletes and wouldn’t make the adjustments to it. 

6 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

As a non biased observer of the game I’d say that Harleton just didn’t have the athletes to compete. The officiating was horrible. Several face masks that should’ve been against San Augustine were not called and they let the plays go on way too long. SA’s offensive scheme wouldn’t be hard to defend against but Harleton just didn’t have the athletes and wouldn’t make the adjustments to it. 

Ya we ran the same play over and over but why not when did they stop it. Guess our scheme has worked 12 times this year so far. 

15 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

SA’s offensive scheme wouldn’t be hard to defend against

Yeah, everyone knows why they’re going to do.  Counter, zone, flop, power Q.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  Oh and here’s a deep ball to 24 because he’s an athlete. Then they mix in all hangs and some rocket laser stuff in the passing game, that’s about it.  The problem is stopping it😂.  Murr could probably stand on the sideline with a megaphone and tel the opposing defense the play and they’d be hard to beat.  When you got the kids, you got the kids 

13 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

Sounds like you sat on the Harleton side

44 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

Sounds exactly like what we saw all night also. Film won't lie, but it wouldn't have changed the game too much in my opinion. Losing Wallace was more of a factor than anything. He's the straw that stirs the drink on offense and defense  for Harleton. I saw him Wednesday in a boot and he said he was good and would play Friday night. I was hoping for the best but figured it was mostly his heart talking. I hated to see his career end that way. He's been a work horse for the past few seasons. SA was the better team tonight. Good luck the rest of the way.

Hate to tell SA...I went to Shiner vs Refugio game tonight.  Incredible game.  Hard to imagine SA being able to beat them.  Looking forward to seeing that game.  SA has been putting up very impressive numbers.  They are going to need to be disciplined and not get any silly penalties.  

8 hours ago, wolfpack76 said:

No doubt, but the cheering for the Harleton kids to play dirty was a bit much 

The games I saw were nothing like that, please keep in mind that every community has some of these families that just have no class at al. You will probably see some from SA if SA has problems with one of the teams ahead. Just a reminder that frustration brings out some of the bad in people. All said and done I bet the kids on the field were nothing like that. Good luck down the road wolfpack

• Thanks 1

Size and speed !!! What a combination, we just didn’t match up against.  But we are PROUD of our WILDCATS!!!! Best of luck to SA in the hunt for State Championship. The community is super proud of the way our Wildcats have played all year.  This was a tough battle and SA was the best on the field last night but we never quit!!!  Congratulations to all our players and coaches for a GREAT YEAR!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

Hate to tell SA...I went to Shiner vs Refugio game tonight.  Incredible game.  Hard to imagine SA being able to beat them.  Looking forward to seeing that game.  SA has been putting up very impressive numbers.  They are going to need to be disciplined and not get any silly penalties.  

You have to see SA play this year....come back to troll next week since you have no life.