2019 3A-D1 Playoffs

88YoePride

Just my perspective...

Region Finals Predictions:

Region 1 - Wall vs Brock

Region 2 - Malakoff vs Gladewater

Region 3 - Yoe vs Troy

Region 4 - Hallettsville vs Industrial

I'd like to see Wall and Gladewater advance on that side of the bracket. Any of those four have a chance to go to state. 

Yeah, I'm calling Yoe over Grandview. No, I'm not saying it's a guarantee. But if they watch Diboll game tape and improve over that performance, the Zebras are in for a long afternoon. 

Same with Troy. If they fix the issues they had against Crockett tonight - and understand, they were down 26-22 at half before going 28-7 after halftime - they've got a great shot at beating Whitney. 

I know Yoe wants a rematch with Troy, and Grandview wants the same with Whitney...

Region 4... Man, I hate to say this, because Hallettsville, Edna, George West, East Chambers - There are some good programs in that region. But having to meet the Region 3 champ just... Anyway, I'm going to call Hallettsville...

D9 rematch in the finals. Whitney QB is X factor against Troy he will be too much and Grandview turned a switch on once playoff hit like Yoe USED to be able to do when rhoades was the HC but he isn’t so they will go 3 rounds every year and lose. Good luck everyone and happy thanksgiving.

I got the malakoff vs Grandview part two this year region 1 and 4 are and have always been lesser than these two regions. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Tiger03lb

I could see Pilot Point or Bushland taking it this year in region 1.

Would love to see a GW and koff rematch. I don't think GW can stop our offense right now. 

Whoever wins out of yoe/GV will win region 3, imo. GV has woken up from that lost from Whitney and Yoe is sparked since playing Rockdale. 

It's anyone's region in 4. I favorite GW right now. 

Koff/GV or Yoe in state

2 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

I could see Pilot Point or Bushland taking it this year in region 1.

Would love to see a GW and koff rematch. I don't think GW can stop our offense right now. 

Whoever wins out of yoe/GV will win region 3, imo. GV has woken up from that lost from Whitney and Yoe is sparked since playing Rockdale. 

It's anyone's region in 4. I favorite GW right now. 

Koff/GV or Yoe in state

GWs a tad bit better defensively than Jeffy. Js. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Zebrafan93 said:

Of course I am going to disagree with region 3...lol. It’s going to be a fun week and a great game

Got to the point where we don't feel like it's a productive playoffs if we don't see Teague, Malakoff, or Grandview!

Have a great Thanksgiving, hope to see you Friday!

Btw - How's Zach Smith doing?

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

GWs a tad bit better defensively than Jeffy. Js. 

Oh I know, I've seen them play. Just my opinion. Both of us still has to get there too. If you have seen our offense in person, you'd see why I say that. 

9 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Got to the point where we don't feel like it's a productive playoffs if we don't see Teague, Malakoff, or Grandview!

Have a great Thanksgiving, hope to see you Friday!

Btw - How's Zach Smith doing?

We’ll be there and y’all have a great turkey day as well!

Zach was back at it yesterday...he was at the Rockdale game. Appeared to be moving around ok. 

14 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Yalls offense does worry me some because of the big backs you have but I don’t think your OL is as dominant as last season. Jefferson wasn’t getting blown off the ball and made contact in the backfield all night. They just weren’t bringing those big backs down. I would love to know what their YAC was. After seeing your defense against a good offense like Jefferson are you still completely confident y’all could stop our offense ?  All of this talk could be for nothing because we have a tough opponent this week but if we do have a rematch I expect it to be a good game. 

Guest Tiger03lb
49 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Yalls offense does worry me some because of the big backs you have but I don’t think your OL is as dominant as last season. Jefferson wasn’t getting blown off the ball and made contact in the backfield all night. They just weren’t bringing those big backs down. I would love to know what their YAC was. After seeing your defense against a good offense like Jefferson are you still completely confident y’all could stop our offense ?  All of this talk could be for nothing because we have a tough opponent this week but if we do have a rematch I expect it to be a good game. 

Jeffy wasn't getting into the backfield all night. They were loading/stacking the box mostly in the second half but it's kinda easy to tell what we were going to do by then and we were still running it on them as well. If you can't stop it, why go away from it, right? But let's not forget how our line was helping to get our backs 5-10 yds a carry besides second effort plays that you mentioned for extra yardage. For the most part our line was controlling the los.

No telling. It's hard to get stats for each game as it is or it has been this year for us.

If you are basing our defense off of this game, I'll stop you there and the district 8 posters. I know I'm gonna get called out on it. We got a good defense but Jefferson is a well coached team with a lot of athletes. We missed a lot of tackles but Jeffy's athletics had something to do with that as well. Jeffy was a different team that night. As far as GW offense. Yes I believe we can stop GW. Way different style of offenses. We can play those hard nosed hitting games besides the shootout we had with Jeffy.

You are right, we still got this week to worry about and win to maybe see each other. Good luck this week. 

Yoe fans a little on edge, they know they have a very talented team and one of the best QB in the playoffs. They sticking with we taking it one game at a time talk, they are scared Coach Tommy and his Staff are going to mess it up some how. Don't worry Yoe fans Coach Tommy and his boys got this. Go ahead and make your reservations to Jerry's World. Remarkable rebound by the staff and players since the  beat down by the Troy.  Onward the through the fog and rain  Yoe fans.See you in Arlington Tx.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

Jeffy wasn't getting into the backfield all night. They were loading/stacking the box mostly in the second half but it's kinda easy to tell what we were going to do by then and we were still running it on them as well. If you can't stop it, why go away from it, right? But let's not forget how our line was helping to get our backs 5-10 yds a carry besides second effort plays that you mentioned for extra yardage. For the most part our line was controlling the los.

No telling. It's hard to get stats for each game as it is or it has been this year for us.

If you are basing our defense off of this game, I'll stop you there and the district 8 posters. I know I'm gonna get called out on it. We got a good defense but Jefferson is a well coached team with a lot of athletes. We missed a lot of tackles but Jeffy's athletics had something to do with that as well. Jeffy was a different team that night. As far as GW offense. Yes I believe we can stop GW. Way different style of offenses. We can play those hard nosed hitting games besides the shootout we had with Jeffy.

You are right, we still got this week to worry about and win to maybe see each other. Good luck this week. 

I wasn’t trying to strike a nerve at all. I’m just telling you what I saw. By no means do I think you guys don’t have a hell of a team. I saw last years team and this years in person and was sharing what my eyes saw. I don’t think either team dominated the LOS when you guys played Jefferson. I saw a lot of penetration and a lot of attempts to make tackles in the backfield.  I credit those backs for running through the tackles. That is what I think makes y’all tough to stop is that even if a team gets everyone in the right position you still have to deal with making the tackle on your backs. As far as GW smashing the ball at Malakoff I think you’ll be surprised how much the team has evolved in the last 4-5 weeks. The offense has changed to the point of making you wonder if it is Gladewater or not lol. I’ve been watching the Bears for years and never seen us throw the ball this much on first down. Anyways, like I said not trying to strike a nerve. You know I feel like Malakoff is the best team in the region and to get out of region 2 a team will have to beat you guys. I just saw some areas that I thought were a little weaker than last year. Doesn’t mean I think Malakoff is weak because that would just be stupidity. 😁

PS Good luck this week. I always pull for you guys when you aren’t playing the Bears. 

22 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

I wasn’t trying to strike a nerve at all. I’m just telling you what I saw. By no means do I think you guys don’t have a hell of a team. I saw last years team and this years in person and was sharing what my eyes saw. I don’t think either team dominated the LOS when you guys played Jefferson. I saw a lot of penetration and a lot of attempts to make tackles in the backfield.  I credit those backs for running through the tackles. That is what I think makes y’all tough to stop is that even if a team gets everyone in the right position you still have to deal with making the tackle on your backs. As far as GW smashing the ball at Malakoff I think you’ll be surprised how much the team has evolved in the last 4-5 weeks. The offense has changed to the point of making you wonder if it is Gladewater or not lol. I’ve been watching the Bears for years and never seen us throw the ball this much on first down. Anyways, like I said not trying to strike a nerve. You know I feel like Malakoff is the best team in the region and to get out of region 2 a team will have to beat you guys. I just saw some areas that I thought were a little weaker than last year. Doesn’t mean I think Malakoff is weak because that would just be stupidity. 😁

PS Good luck this week. I always pull for you guys when you aren’t playing the Bears. 

Well said. Years past teams knew we were going to pound the rock and all they had to do was stack the box. GW still had tons of success through those years on the ground. Now we are a pick your poison type of offense. Not saying we can’t be stopped bc I believe we still shoot ourselves in the foot too much, but we have the ability to grind out 8 minute drives like the past but also have the ability to come back from behind. Something that just wasn’t an option in the past. 

1 hour ago, BearFan13 said:

Well said. Years past teams knew we were going to pound the rock and all they had to do was stack the box. GW still had tons of success through those years on the ground. Now we are a pick your poison type of offense. Not saying we can’t be stopped bc I believe we still shoot ourselves in the foot too much, but we have the ability to grind out 8 minute drives like the past but also have the ability to come back from behind. Something that just wasn’t an option in the past. 

I’ve never seen or heard GW throw three straight inc passes then convert 4th and 10 on a pass until the Sabine game. 

Guest Tiger03lb
4 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

I've said since last year after we played you guys that if your playbook would ever open up that GW could be really good on offense with the right personal. Which it sounds like it has now. Glad that you guys are doing well now. I've been following you guys ever since you guys dropped down and always pulling for y'all as well. 

I never thought that you meant that we were weak but basing it off of one game, to me doesn't do justice how they perform for the year. I believe Jeffy would have given any team in district 8 or region2 or 3ad1 problems the way they played us. That's why it seemed like it hit a nerve. Lol. Cause if you would have seen us play a few games this year, especially against GV, you'd probably say the same thing I just said.

Again I'll be pulling for you guys this week. 

Guest Tiger03lb
6 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

It is important to know if Koff will have a surprise RB that hasn't really played all year, show up this game. 

Atlanta must be the only team that has that kind of luck... LOL. 

🤷‍♂️ don't be telling all of our secrets. We save that for qtr finals. Lol

Guest Tiger03lb
33 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Y’all don’t need anyone. The backs you have are monsters!

Lol. What's crazy is all three are in the same class for running backs if you include Carr. 

Guest Tiger03lb
11 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Malakoff won’t need it. Reminds me so much of us in ‘14 when we had Reese, Jackson, Centers and McKnight. All different running styles, all productive. 

You guys didn't get to see Hart #2 in the back field against jeffy. He's our speedy back.