2019 3A-D1 Playoffs

88YoePride

28 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Need it or not, Carr was a totally different animal.

Sets a pretty bad example to not have a kid all year then just bring him back. Don’t know if that’s showing much faith in the backs that have already created this monster of an offense. Unless it was injury which from my understanding it’s not. 

Guest Tiger03lb
15 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Sets a pretty bad example to not have a kid all year then just bring him back. Don’t know if that’s showing much faith in the backs that have already created this monster of an offense. Unless it was injury which from my understanding it’s not. 

Last year Carr was starting at the beginning of the year but got hurt for most of the season. Same goes for Davis. Rose was still starting but they were rotating backs out then during the Atlanta, Brock, and GV game

This year it's different, we are doing fine without him but it never hurts to have to many rb's. Lol

12 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Last year Carr was starting at the beginning of the year but got hurt for most of the season. Same goes for Davis. Rose was still starting but they were rotating backs out then during the Atlanta, Brock, and GV game

This year it's different, we are doing fine without him but it never hurts to have to many rb's. Lol

I agree. Good problem to have 

Guest Tiger03lb
59 minutes ago, TheHaireBeatTheTortoise said:

Speed, Size, Strength, Had a mean stiff arm. Carr was a man among boys. Definitely fun to watch when we aren’t the opposing team.

Definitely. Should have seen him at de during the 2 scrimmages before the season started this year. Him and Davis on each side.

1 minute ago, 88YoePride said:

So so far we've got Grandview advancing with a dominant performance of a self-destructing Yoe, Pottsboro pulling out a win in a back-&-forth with Malakoff, and from what I'm seeing Bushland and Brock are tied at 14 with two minutes left...

GW also won. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

GW also won. 

Thanks! LOL! I knew I was forgetting something! Trying to find the Wall-Pilot Point score while I was typing! 23-7 Pilot Point, five minutes left in the third... 

Columbus won too. Just got a 20-17 final, Brock over Bushland. 

Pilot Point advances to a rematch with Brock, 26-7 over #1 Wall. Pilot Point beat Brock in a low-scoring game early in the season. 

Troy has gotten deep into Whitney territory twice before throwing INTs. Whitney 7-0 at half. Hallettsville over George West 21-7 at half. 

36 minutes ago, Zebrafan93 said:

Grandview very dominant today...they’ll be a tough out. Have switched to a different gear in playoffs...also got starting all-state o/dlineman back after week 2 injury. 

I think that Whitney loss flipped a switch. They're not spectacular, but they've got good football players and I'll say it again - They play their system clean and tight, on both sides of the ball. 

I hate to say this, because I have a lot of respect for the Wall Hawks program and Coach Houston Guy. But they're like Franklin - Too one-dimensional. Didn't help their starting QB went down either. If they had come out of the other side of the bracket, Grandview would've embarassed them. 

Pottsboro had a great win against Malakoff. Now they've got Gladewater, who's been on their A-game the last two seasons. 

Brock... is gonna Brock. Bushland had a pretty good program this season, and the Eagles got the W against them. Pilot Point is another team with a legacy of success. Interesting - Coach Worrell was an assistant under legend GA Moore at Pilot Point. So the state semi on that side of the bracket is gonna be interesting. And I think the titke game will be good too.

Guest Tiger03lb
9 hours ago, Zebrafan93 said:

Grandview very dominant today...they’ll be a tough out. Have switched to a different gear in playoffs...also got starting all-state o/dlineman back after week 2 injury. 

Good luck the rest of the way. You guys definitely flipped the switch after that loss to Whitney. Woke you guys up, imo. 

Guest Tiger03lb
26 minutes ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

I got:

PP vs Gladewater

Grandview vs Columbus

Gladewater vs Grandview at state

GV wins title again!

Agreed.