Gunter Tigers 11-1 vs Rogers Eagles 11-1

wingtveer

Since district started, Gunter and Rogers have had similar performance from their defenses.  Gunter allowing 8.5 ppg to teams averaging 22.4 (+13.9 swing).  Rogers is allowing 18 ppg to teams averaging 31.1 ppg (+13.1 swing). 

On the offensive side, Gunter is scoring 43.3 ppg against defenses that are allowing 24.5 ppg (+18.7 swing) while Rogers is scoring 38 ppg against defenses giving up 27 ppg (+11 swing).

All of this combined, and you get Gunter with a +32.6 swing and Rogers with a +24.1 swing.  Rogers' average margin of victory is 20 points, and since Gunter swings opponents out of their average in their favor by 32.6 points, this gives Gunter a 12.6 point advantage after they swing Rogers out of their game.  On the flip side, Gunter's average margin of victory is 34.8.  Rogers swings teams in their favor by 24.1, so after applying this swing, you still get Gunter favored by 10.7 points.  This averages out to about a 12-point spread for Gunter.

Gunter 34

Rogers 22

3 hours ago, Eagles95 said:

You got Gunter over Canadian this year?

No.  I worded that wrong. I meant to say that EB and Newton could both beat Gunter IMO. Actually I don't think Gunter could come close to beating Canadian. I worry that Newton won't get passed East Bernard. I won't be too surprised if EB and Canadian are in the SC game. But, I sure want Newton to be there to meet Canadian again. I might become more bullish on Newton beating EB after the Daingerfield game. Just depends on how the score turns out. I do believe Newton will beat Daingerfield again this year.

I have mentioned  before, but this game should be even more interesting since Rogers is coached by Charlie Roten.  Coach Roten was Gunter's offensive coordinator at Gunter when Gunter won the 2016 title - running the pistol option which both Gunter and Rogers run today.  These teams know alot about each other though they have never played against each other in history.  looks like  Rogers starting QB is back after missing parts of 2 games.  I wonder how the coin flip meeting went.  I know Coach Roten was greatly respected in Gunter, especially coach Fieszel himself.

Huge game to see who gets to play the winner of Holliday/Lexington.  Districts 5 and 8 represented in the final 4 of region II.