UIL Realignment 2019-21

Panther89

17 hours ago, mTex said:

If Spring Hill were to move, it would likely only be to fill out another district that drops below 5 teams. For both them and Carthage wouldn’t it make the most sense (geographically, completely disregarding other factors like district size) to move them to District 7, and not down south to an entirely new region? 

I would be surprised if Spring Hill moved south. UIL tends to use the I20 corridor as a dividing line. Looking at District 9, Huntington should drop with 495. Cleveland Tarkington is at 510, which is going to be close. This district is currently a 5 team district, so if Carthage drops it would make the most sense to send them here.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Texas Football put out their predictions. I won't post it all out of respect for those guys. But they had 3 - 5 team east texas districts. 

I don't love all the 5 team districts. But travel wise there aren't a lot of options I guess. 

What was their prediction for the bottom cut off number in 4A-II?

44 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Texas Football put out their predictions. I won't post it all out of respect for those guys. But they had 3 - 5 team east texas districts. 

I don't love all the 5 team districts. But travel wise there aren't a lot of options I guess. 

I agree but kinda takes out the suspense on making the playoffs.  Plus add in the fact carthage wouldnt be taking a spot nor van to lesser extent improves the odds. Lindale could improve somewhat not sure who the other would be.

5 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

I agree but kinda takes out the suspense on making the playoffs.  Plus add in the fact carthage wouldnt be taking a spot nor van to lesser extent improves the odds. Lindale could improve somewhat not sure who the other would be.

Lindale will be 4AD1 though. Van, Carthage and North Lamar will most likely be D2

• Thanks 1

If you have it and want to sell it, sell it.  If you don’t have it and want to buy it, buy it. 

If you don’t want to sell it, don’t sell it.  If you don’t want to buy it, don’t buy it.

If you don’t have it and want it, but don’t want to pay for it and want to complain, complain away. 

If you have it and don’t want to give it away, but others are complaining about your charges and you want to complain about their complaints, complain away.

1 hour ago, WestRusk2009 said:

I gave up trying to think new districts years ago. The only guarantee is Arp, Troup, and West Rusk will be together. Possible region 2 shift and play schools towards North Texas again or region 3 shift south towards Beaumont.

I hope they shift y’all to the East. 

They keep kicking Harmony west towards Lone Oak and Edgewood or south towards Frankston. I don’t know if they’d put us back with those eastern schools or not. West Rusk was a district game when I played. New Diana and EF too. I’ll be curious to see how it plays out.