Jason Garrett and The Giants

Stoney

Been seeing stories popping up about the Giants interest in Garrett if he became available. Not sure how much truth is to it but it always seems like there’s a little bit either from the coaches side or the teams side when these start making the rounds. I haven’t heard a single word about Garrett and a extension from the Cowboys. That’s gotta give Dallas fans some hope that 6-4 still isn’t enough for him to keep his job. That JJ and Stephen are still evaluating him. I’m not sure a NFC East title and a first round win will be enough to keep his job. Could be wrong. Usually am. It should be a interesting next few months to see how this pans out.

6 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

The longer the Red Clapper is in Dallas, the longer the Cowboy's drought will last ....

Please let the Giants hire him away. Pull a Belicheck or Gruden and make the Giants give us a toaster and a used Subway gift card with $2.32 left on it for him.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Crawford said:

If this was to happen, who you think JJ would replace him with?

Dan Campbell-  A&M grad, former Cowboy, current assistant Head Coach/TE coach in New Orleans. If you can’t get Sean Payton( greatest what ever if he had took over from Parcells), why not get somebody from off his staff. Wouldn’t be a sexy, splashy JJ hire but could be a good one.

Lincoln Riley- OU offensive genius would be the second rumored Sooner coach to take over the Cowboys (anybody else remember the Bob Stoops rumors?). It’s a offensive game nowadays. I don’t know if Riley would leave just yet for the NFL but who knows when the money truck backs up in Norman.

Kris Richard- Of the on staff replacements, he seems like the most likely to be a head coach right now. Wouldn’t be much staff turnover. Player familiarity. Once upon a time Dallas took a shot on a young defensive coach who became kind of a big deal. 

Urban Meyer- The long shot, dark horse candidate that would make a huge media splash. Has accomplished pretty much everything you can at the college level. Can it transfer to the NFL? We’ve seen Spurrier, Saban, Kelly do it with varying degrees of success. Would you make that move with a team built to win?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

The longer the Red Clapper is in Dallas, the longer the Cowboy's drought will last ....

9 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Would it matter?  Whoever the Cowboy's coach is will be just another "yes man" for Jerruh ...... 

So you're saying getting rid of Garrett would or wouldn't end the Cowboys drought?

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

When Stephen takes over, maybe he will be smart enough to hire a general manager and a REAL coach that can make his own decisions  ....

We’ve seen how Stephen treats free agency differently than JJ, maybe there’s a chance.

8 hours ago, Stoney said:

Been seeing stories popping up about the Giants interest in Garrett if he became available. Not sure how much truth is to it but it always seems like there’s a little bit either from the coaches side or the teams side when these start making the rounds. I haven’t heard a single word about Garrett and a extension from the Cowboys. That’s gotta give Dallas fans some hope that 6-4 still isn’t enough for him to keep his job. That JJ and Stephen are still evaluating him. I’m not sure a NFC East title and a first round win will be enough to keep his job. Could be wrong. Usually am. It should be a interesting next few months to see how this pans out.

I see Philly winning the East.  They have probably the easiest schedule left of any NFL team with Miami, Giants X2, Redskins, and Cowboys.  Their combined records are 14-41.  The Cowboys have Bills, Bears, Rams, Eagles, and Redskins who all combine for 26-28.  If the Cowboys win on Thanksgiving, then they might have an edge, but only if they beat Philly.  The only sure victory I see for the Cowboys is the Redskins.  The only loss I see for Philly is maybe the Cowboys, and they have home field advantage.  I think  Garrett should be toast, but I don't see why any NFL team would want him.  He's not a genius.  His only ties to the Giants was his non-existent stint with them in 2000.  In that season he rode the bench twice, and was inactive for the other games.  He was only an insurance policy for Kerry Collins.  I hope Jerry finally sees the light and fires him, but he's his puppet.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I see Philly winning the East.  They have probably the easiest schedule left of any NFL team with Miami, Giants X2, Redskins, and Cowboys.  Their combined records are 14-41.  The Cowboys have Bills, Bears, Rams, Eagles, and Redskins who all combine for 26-28.  If the Cowboys win on Thanksgiving, then they might have an edge, but only if they beat Philly.  The only sure victory I see for the Cowboys is the Redskins.  The only loss I see for Philly is maybe the Cowboys, and they have home field advantage.  I think  Garrett should be toast, but I don't see why any NFL team would want him.  He's not a genius.  His only ties to the Giants was his non-existent stint with them in 2000.  In that season he rode the bench twice, and was inactive for the other games.  He was only an insurance policy for Kerry Collins.  I hope Jerry finally sees the light and fires him, but he's his puppet.  

I don’t get why the Giants would do it unless it’s a way to take him off the hands of Jerry without Jerry having to fire him. Dude’s mediocre. If you want .500, he’s your guy. You could bring back the ‘77 Cowboys and Garrett could would mess them up. He’s got this team 6-5. They ain’t beat a team with a winning record all year. Garrett’s days are numbered barring a Vatican level miracle.

32 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I don’t get why the Giants would do it unless it’s a way to take him off the hands of Jerry without Jerry having to fire him. Dude’s mediocre. If you want .500, he’s your guy. You could bring back the ‘77 Cowboys and Garrett could would mess them up. He’s got this team 6-5. They ain’t beat a team with a winning record all year. Garrett’s days are numbered barring a Vatican level miracle.

Maybe it's them setting a smoke screen for Dallas to keep him.  The Giants have major issues except for their talented running back who has been hurt.  The receiving corps is shot, their offensive line needs help, and their defense is a shambles.  They need to rebuild, and it's going to take talent, and not a coach to rebuild them.  The rookies they drafted this year haven't helped them in the least, and they had 3 first round draft choices.  I think they need to fire their GM.  Daniel Jones has shown promise, but that's it takes time to see how a young quarterback will be.  I see him similar to Trubisky of the Bears.  Garrett wouldn't be a miracle worker in New York, as he's proven in Dallas.  Garrett has a lot of talent to work with, but he's complacent and not reactive.  He needs to go.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Yeah the old ones take forever to buy the farm. I would settle for a scandal that would force out lol.

Jerry knows where the bodies are buried and who buried them. Unless it comes out that he’s sexually harassed the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, got caught serving a vegan a meat hamburger or refused to sign the new 6-6 400 lbs DT who self identifies as a squirrel trapped in a woman’s body trapped inside a man’s body, Jerry ain’t going nowhere unless it’s in a pine box.

• LOL! 1

7 hours ago, Stoney said:

Dan Campbell-  A&M grad, former Cowboy, current assistant Head Coach/TE coach in New Orleans. If you can’t get Sean Payton( greatest what ever if he had took over from Parcells), why not get somebody from off his staff. Wouldn’t be a sexy, splashy JJ hire but could be a good one.

Lincoln Riley- OU offensive genius would be the second rumored Sooner coach to take over the Cowboys (anybody else remember the Bob Stoops rumors?). It’s a offensive game nowadays. I don’t know if Riley would leave just yet for the NFL but who knows when the money truck backs up in Norman.

Kris Richard- Of the on staff replacements, he seems like the most likely to be a head coach right now. Wouldn’t be much staff turnover. Player familiarity. Once upon a time Dallas took a shot on a young defensive coach who became kind of a big deal. 

Urban Meyer- The long shot, dark horse candidate that would make a huge media splash. Has accomplished pretty much everything you can at the college level. Can it transfer to the NFL? We’ve seen Spurrier, Saban, Kelly do it with varying degrees of success. Would you make that move with a team built to win?

Didn't Urban Meyer say it would be his dream job if Dallas HC was open.

10 minutes ago, ClawNAntler said:

Actually there’s been a drought since Jimmy left. 

There was a quote Jerry said a while back that has always haunted me. Somebody asked him about firing Chan Gailey after going 18-14 in two years. He said it was a regret that he gave him such a short time. That it was a mistake. I honestly think that he’s hamstrung this team by not moving on from Garrett earlier because he’s afraid of repeating a Chan Gailey. Huge difference in 2 years and 10. That’s long enough of a track record to let the NFL know exactly who you are. It’s time to bring in a new coach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Crawford said:

If this was to happen, who you think JJ would replace him with?

I would hope they let him go before the end of the season and see if kris Richard can get these guys to play. Not sure that would happen with them leading the division, but it’d sure be nice.

• Like 2