Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Palestine (7-5) vs Midlothian Heritage (8-4) Regional Semi Finals


Recommended Posts

Palestine Off - 29.6 PPG

Palestine Def -  25.6 PPG

Mid. Heritage  Off - 38.1 PPG

Mid. Heritage Def - 28.3 PPG

 

This is going to be one heck of a game. Heritage's offense that can run and throw the ball very effectively and score from anywhere on the field. Vs a Palestine defense that has forced 11 turnovers in the 2 playoff game. 

On the other side. Palestine with a punishing running game from a trio of running backs led by Jeremiah Davis. And a sneaky play action passing attack that lead to big plays. Heritage defense is quick and athletic, but suspect against the run.

Early weather forcast for friday in Waco is calling for a high of 76 with an 80% chance of rain.

With the offense both teams run, this would be an advantage for the Wildcats. But Heritage has a good running game as well.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Davis played.  Dawg D was just relentless.

Weather was awful 40 deg, steady rain, and Palestine was shell-shocked by Carthage...it was a complete domination. However... Coach Angel changed the lineup after that game, and we haven't looked back

Not very well not many do.

Should be a pretty good contest.  I am giving the edge and rooting for Palestine. This may be a high scoring game. Palestine must be able to throw cause Heritage is not that great  defensively. Contain the qb and limit #8 touches on offense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wildcats in a close one

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Palestine is going to surprise some people and win this game.

I watched some Midlothian Heritage highlights of this year’s team and they are nowhere nearly as good as they were last year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I think Palestine is going to surprise some people and win this game.

I watched some Midlothian Heritage highlights of this year’s team and they are nowhere nearly as good as they were last year. 

Yea, Last yrs team was 3 to 4 time better than this yrs squad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wildcatphs said:

Yea, Last yrs team was 3 to 4 time better than this yrs squad.

Agree last year team should have won depending on who you ask. This year squad might not get to the rematch much less think about beating Carthage. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Champ1000 said:

Agree last year team should have won depending on who you ask. This year squad might not get to the rematch much less think about beating Carthage. 

It took every bit Carthage had to beat Heritage last year. They were really good and our defense was not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

Can't take for granted or deny the Coaching accomplishments of Coach Angel.  Playing football in December after having those preseason predictions is remarkable. 

We’re not quite to December, but I agree, very good job.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

Can't take for granted or deny the Coaching accomplishments of Coach Angel.  Playing football in December after having those preseason predictions is remarkable. 

Not quite December yet Lion. Hopefully they will make it to the 4th round.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Man with the weather being kinda ugly come Friday, I think Palestine's rushing attack will neutralize the offense of Heritage and control the time of possession in the ball game.  Also Palestine's defense has been very good as of late and I think that will continue.  So.......... Im going 27-21 Palestine advancing! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DWOODTX05 said:

Man with the weather being kinda ugly come Friday, I think Palestine's rushing attack will neutralize the offense of Heritage and control the time of possession in the ball game.  Also Palestine's defense has been very good as of late and I think that will continue.  So.......... Im going 27-21 Palestine advancing! 

I hope this comes true. 

  • Stinks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...