Anyone wanna be HC of Lamar?

MrBuddyGarrity

40 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

This is SETX, they will never hire Briles for anything but a scoreboard operator down here, trust me. No need to even bring his name up for this job. 

I'd throw the bank at Jeff Traylor. 

Gonna take the bank to get Traylor...

Lamar has made some really questionable calls with their coaches...Wonder if Tic Price is feeling the heat

33 minutes ago, txk85 said:

maybe they can pay Jeff but wasnt his reason for not taking the sfa job about assistants pay?

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/key-arkansas-assistant-reportedly-set-to-interview-for-open-fcs-job/

Probably bad timing. He knew he had a D1 assistant job in his back pocket. I bet if SFA was open you would see similar result.

I'm an unabashed Briles supporter/fan...after reading the article about Cardinal Club members that would pony up funds for the right guy...I would have rolled the dice on Art Briles. Yes, you might get some phone calls to the President and AD's office complaining initially, but the things he would bring in would/could easily override that. He would not be there in Beaumont for more than 3 years, because he would make your team good quick and you'd actually get some eyes on your TV games on ESPN3...and if it went real well, then you may get some better TV opportunity. 

With any hire, you're gonna have people fuss...yes, more with AB to start. The same folks that make the biggest stink will be griping when Kendall Briles gets his head coaching position pretty soon. When Kendall does take over a college program, they would probably just like Art's image cleaned up enough for dad to come be a part of son's staff, as a coordinator and associate head coach.